Sponsored

Motor Trend Ignition: 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost: SVO Reborn?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I doubt any major material or weight change until the following refresh ('19? or whatever). The next refresh will probably be the new automatic trans, QNX infotainment upgrade, some styling cues, Dropping the V6, new editions, maybe a new engine, and Laser cannons. Major change will need a major refresh. They just dropped tons on this car, no way Ford is coughing up for aluminum panels yet

I think the EB would still lead by a small margin in a straight line given the low/midrange boost. other than that though...
They already have the aluminum doors and lid back for the 2015. They decided not to put them on the 2015.

Also this car didnt drop tons, it gained weight.

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium Perfomance Pack
Why has nobody noticed yet that in the video, they claim to have a perfomance package on an automatic?

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
I really wish he would have had the manual. I bet it would have been an even better review.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Why are they comparing the EcoBoost to the outgoing V6? Why doesn't anybody compare the S550 V6 to the S550 EcoBoost?

This is not an unanswered question. By fords own admission, they want the ecoboost to replace the outgoing v6 in retail sales. The v6 is only still around for fleet usage, although it can be ordered for retail. Therefore, they are (as ford wants them to) comparing it to the model that it is meant to replace, the outgoing v6.

Ford announced years ago it's intention to replace a large percentage of its product with turbo charged smaller displacement power trains. I forget the number but it was in the upper 80's or even 90, with the v8 mustang being the main holdout.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Why has nobody noticed yet that in the video, they claim to have a perfomance package on an automatic?
Noticed what? The EB comes with the PP in manual or auto.

The GT doesn't but most likely will next year in the 2016 version.

This is not an unanswered question. By fords own admission, they want the ecoboost to replace the outgoing v6 in retail sales. The v6 is only still around for fleet usage, although it can be ordered for retail. Therefore, they are (as ford wants them to) comparing it to the model that it is meant to replace, the outgoing v6.

Ford announced years ago it's intention to replace a large percentage of its product with turbo charged smaller displacement power trains. I forget the number but it was in the upper 80's or even 90, with the v8 mustang being the main holdout.
Yah but it's an unanswered review. ;)

Many of us want a S550 V6 compared to an S550 EB. Ford might not want it but many of us do. :D

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Why o why would they (Ford?) saddle them with a auto? :thumbdown: Ugh

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Probably because that's how most V6's are equipped, and if their main goal is to replace the V6 with the EB, then its an apt comparo....
I don't know...this is like the stupid smart phone reviews where they compare the new Samsung phone that comes out in August to the iPhone that came out back in the following September...it's not a valid review IMO.

The valid review is when they compare the latest model to the model that also comes out within the same time period.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
They already have the aluminum doors and lid back for the 2015. They decided not to put them on the 2015.

Also this car didnt drop tons, it gained weight.
dropped tons of money...as in massive development costs.

and with that, Ford has to still have a business case for it. mainstream volume models will get aluminum first, which is exactly why the F150 got it (volume and massive profit margins). Ford wont cut their margins slimmer or raise the price by adding those aluminum pieces so soon to the Mustang. Chevy got slapped around left and right for the Camaro's weight its entire model run yet they never addressed that, and that is in spite of outselling the mustang.

I wish that was true though, believe me

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0