Sponsored

Is a Mach 1 the right decision for me? (Answered!)

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1

jabarger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKZ
Well...she's home!

I'm the proud new owner of a 2022 Fighter Jet Gray Mach 1 premium 6-speed with the Elite Package, Appearance Package, and the upgraded magnetic painted wheels. Chassis Code is N4116. It had just 700 miles on the odometer during my test drive. The first owner bought it new in January of this year and sold it just 3 months later. Heck, the owner's manual was still in the original shrink-wrap plastic! Naturally, I get to enjoy the remainder of the factory warranty.

Since I used my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk as the down payment, I negotiated with the dealer on the price of that instead of haggling with them on what I felt was a VERY fair asking price of $57,988 for the Mach 1. After we sell our boat in the coming weeks, I'll pay off the rest of the Mustang and get the title for it.

I had a great drive home from Raleigh, getting 24.5 MPG (2.5 better than my Hemi-powered Grand Cherokee), and after cleaning up the insect killing field that was my front bumper, the Mach is now safely tucked away in the garage.

Thank you all again so very much for the feedback and opinions. I'm beyond excited to be back in a Mustang once again!

PS, Before anyone asks, no, I didn't test drive a C7 today. I woke up too late this morning to go see one before my appointment with the Mach 1. Besides, after the test drive, I was too much in love to go see anything else. In the end, it doesn't matter. I definitely came home with the right car. 😎

PPS, I stopped at a grocery store to get some snacks for the ride home from the dealership, and as I was about to pull out of my parking spot, a lady literally ran up to the car and asked me what the color is called and told me how gorgeous it is. I owned the car literally less than 30 minutes and already had my first compliment. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. 🤣

home_01.jpg

home_02.jpg
GREAT CHOICE!!!

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Recaro's - hmmmmmmmm ... as an older fellow and having had Recaro's in quite a few motor cars I pass on Recaro's. I like the creature comforts of heated, cooled, and electric seats 👍 However, I did order them on my new build -

Mirage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buck
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0110
I live in Florida and thought the cooled seats might be best. But I’m tall and trim, and the Recaros fit me like a glove. Plus, my legs get better support from the slightly longer cushion of the Recaros. The comfort and discounted price on my Mach 1 with them were enough to ease my decision to forego power, heating, and cooling. 1400 miles later, no regrets.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Recaro's - hmmmmmmmm ... as an older fellow and having had Recaro's in quite a few motor cars I pass on Recaro's. I like the creature comforts of heated, cooled, and electric seats 👍 However, I did order them on my new build -
The ZL1 Camaro gets Recaro's, with heat, with cooled, with power. Not sure why Ford couldn't also figure that one out.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
The ZL1 Camaro gets Recaro's, with heat, with cooled, with power. Not sure why Ford couldn't also figure that one out.
because not everyone is a princess? gimmie me my non-heated/cooled Recaros all day, any day 😎

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
because not everyone is a princess? gimmie me my non-heated/cooled Recaros all day, any day 😎
Huh? That's like saying "You're a princess if you wear snow boots in the winter, real men wear flip flops in the snow". There's no reason why Ford could not have offered heated cooled Recaro's, they did it just to cut corners. But hey, if you like a sweaty ass and back in your super awesome budget Recaro's, good for you.

Last edited:

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
So your opinion is the one that matters …? Another-AW 🙄 Recaro seats are a “Gimmick” - my opinion, it’s not right or wrong - just an opinion.

Last edited:

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Whatever anyone has is better than what everyone has.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
ok you two…if you had read what I was responding to, my post was directed at the ZL1 owners 😛

wasn’t aware there was such a following of heated/cooled seats over here…carry on 😂
Sponsored