Sponsored

Is a Mach 1 the right decision for me? (Answered!)

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Saw the DH in person on Friday. At this point I’d strongly consider looking at the DH. It’s really nice. Love the clean sides. The screens are a lot less obtrusive in person. It’s edgier for sure, but it does make the Mach look “older”. The dash still sucks, but not for any other reason other than it doesn’t look Mustang. The quality is very nice improvement though.
I'm sure most of us will get used to it. That's always how it's been. When I had a facelift S197, and the S550 came out, I thought it was hideous. Couple years later, I had one. When the S550 facelift came out, I didn't like it. 2 years later, I had one. Now I'm on my third S550.

Sure, the platform looks somewhat dated being 8 years old. The S650 will go the same way one day.

For now and the foreseeable future, I'm good with the Mach 1. It's a fantastic car and should still be close to the Dark Horse in performance.

Now if Ford comes up with an S650 that blows me away (a new Cobra or GT3 derived version with a manual or whatever the test mules currently seen will be), I may reconsider.
Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Congratulations! You chose an excellent car and color combo.

I was a little late chiming in on this conversation but it looks like you had a lot to go with your decision-making.

I ran into similar situations which was slightly the reverse. Quick story....

Owned several stangs from Gt's, Boss, Gt350, Bullitt's, etc, and ended up trading 19 Bullitt for a 19 C7 GS 2LT manual after 6 mos of ownership. The Vette was awesome in every way except the driveways but learned to deal with that.
When the Mach 1 came out I have to say I wasn't impressed but later pulled me in and ended up placing an order which like many others was canceled so I kinda gave up. But then one showed up at a small dealership near the Outer Banks and I immediately jumped on it.

I have to say it was a very hard decision because I really loved the Vette and this is coming from a Mustang Guy but the deal was too good to pass up. NO REGRETS! But....I would have liked to have kept it being the last front-engine manual. The new Vettes just don't do for me and no manual. If I ever have some extra money I will have another C7 GS!

The Mach 1 is an awesome car and you will enjoy the hell out of it!

Vette owners give me the thumbs up too!!!

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Congratulations! You made the right choice. For me, I was looking for a low mile C6 ZO6, not the C7. I’ve had both but the C6 floats my boat a bit more. In the end, I never even drove a Vette, just ordered a 23’ Mach 1, also without test driving. I made the correct choice! Love my M1!!!

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
@Hurricane CONGRATS! welcome to the M1 family. I absolutely love mine after owning it for 6 months. I constantly get compliments, had some guy record me in the freeway today asking me to downshift LOL I am probably going to end up in Tik Tok lol

Sponsored

jamus34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mach 1 (on order)
@Hurricane CONGRATS! welcome to the M1 family. I absolutely love mine after owning it for 6 months. I constantly get compliments, had some guy record me in the freeway today asking me to downshift LOL I am probably going to end up in Tik Tok lol
I’ve had people take photos of mine while parked for gas. I’ve also yet to see another M1 in the area.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I ALMOST bought a mach1. Been looking for a new 22 or 23 PP1 GT and they are just nowhere at least not near me here in FL within a reasonable distance. Didnt want used. So I figured in order to get what I wanted including a 401a with the digital dash, I had to do a mach. But I knew I was going to mod, so I figured the mach would pose issues with bolt on kits for blowers and whatnot if it was at all different than the GT.

So I settled for a 22 GT 401a with the 10speed and active exhaust. I wanted the wheels/wing from the higher level Mach or the PP1 GT, but those can be added. And Im in the door for $15k less for the GT than the mach at this point with purchase price. So I had to give a little, but I got almost everything I wanted and also left a ton of room in the budget for wheels/wing and boltons and still wouldnt be at the price a Mach was just to get one. So no mach for me. But they are sweet if you can get one at sticker.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
EU-spec Bullitt is different!
More different, than I expected!

Differences to the US-spec Bullitt, as far as I know for now:

Standard equipment (like all EU-spec GT):
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Auto High Beam
  • Lane-Keeping System
  • Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection
  • Rain-sensing Windshield Wipers
  • B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen (12 Speakers) includes CD Player, HD Radio™ and Subwoofer in-trunk
  • Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch-to-Zoom Capability (Sync3)
  • FordPass Connect incl. Live Traffic und Wifi-Hotspot (2020 only)
  • Electronic Steering Column Lock
  • Wheel Locking Kit
  • Folding Mirrors
Options (I have a full option DHG EU-spec):
  • Colour Black or DHG (free of charge)
  • MagneRide
  • Recaro
  • Active Anti-Theft System
Not available:
  • Memory
  • BLIS
  • Bullitt Strut-Tower Brace
  • Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
  • Electronic-locking Center Console
Plus the obvious differences (EU-spec headlights, EU-spec taillights, no illuminated sidemarkers).
Do the US cars have adaptive cruise? I don’t think mine does, if it’s supposed to. Also, the automatic breaking. I get a huge red box on my dash warning me but never felt my brakes even try to come on. Is that normal?

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
I ALMOST bought a mach1. Been looking for a new 22 or 23 PP1 GT and they are just nowhere at least not near me here in FL within a reasonable distance. Didnt want used. So I figured in order to get what I wanted including a 401a with the digital dash, I had to do a mach. But I knew I was going to mod, so I figured the mach would pose issues with bolt on kits for blowers and whatnot if it was at all different than the GT.

So I settled for a 22 GT 401a with the 10speed and active exhaust. I wanted the wheels/wing from the higher level Mach or the PP1 GT, but those can be added. And Im in the door for $15k less for the GT than the mach at this point with purchase price. So I had to give a little, but I got almost everything I wanted and also left a ton of room in the budget for wheels/wing and boltons and still wouldnt be at the price a Mach was just to get one. So no mach for me. But they are sweet if you can get one at sticker.
Congrats on your new ride! Mach 1 or not you can’t go wrong with a V8 😎 that being said it is possible to get some deals on them. There are some in my area that are being fairly discounted below msrp. The trick is to find one that has been sitting in the showroom for a few months. I think with the 24s coming out and interest rates people have been shying away from the mach 1s

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Congrats on your new ride! Mach 1 or not you can’t go wrong with a V8 😎 that being said it is possible to get some deals on them. There are some in my area that are being fairly discounted below msrp. The trick is to find one that has been sitting in the showroom for a few months. I think with the 24s coming out and interest rates people have been shying away from the mach 1s
Yeah here in FL, they dont sit. And the ones that are here were usually bought from other dealers and are marked up. There is a local dealer near me that has like 4 mach's. All 4 were bought from other dealers and have a $5k markup. They wont budge on them.

Sponsored

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
Yeah here in FL, they dont sit. And the ones that are here were usually bought from other dealers and are marked up. There is a local dealer near me that has like 4 mach's. All 4 were bought from other dealers and have a $5k markup. They wont budge on them.
Wow I’m sorry to hear that. Situations like that really take the excitement out of buying your ride. The bright side is you can spec your GT exactly how you want it and make it your own. Especially with the savings!

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Is a Mach 1 the right decision for me?

yes…

I have two - sold one so I could order my 24 DH

Mirage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buck
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0110
I also previously had a 2015 Mustang GT with the MT-82 and I just just bought a Mach 1 last weekend. The Tremec ALONE is absolutely worth the upgrade! The rest of the Mach 1 "pakage" is just icing on the cake. The car practically steers itself around corners and BEGS to be driven faster. Daily driving the car feels very composed, to the point it almost feels like a waste. LOL. Who would have thought a Mustang could ride and handle this good. I cant comment on a Corvette becase I've never had one but they look more cramped than a Mustang and they dont sound very good with stock exhaust either. The Mach 1 on the other hand has an intoxicating sound. That being said I'm having trouble adjusting to it as a daily driver instead of my F150. Just that I got used to having a LOT more space and visibility.
I’ve been driving. 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4WD (bought for pulling a boat) for 251,000 miles and am going to miss the visibility and cargo capacity. But as someone who’s owned more manuals than automatic transmission cars in my life, I’ll expect I’ll get over it every time I row through the gears of the Tremec and listen to that sweet sound again.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
I’ve been driving. 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4WD (bought for pulling a boat) for 251,000 miles and am going to miss the visibility and cargo capacity. But as someone who’s owned more manuals than automatic transmission cars in my life, I’ll expect I’ll get over it every time I row through the gears of the Tremec and listen to that sweet sound again.
While participating in "for money" street racing -

You'll get tired of rowing through those (just 6 gears), missing shifts, pushing long clutch peddles, and watching the tail lights of "ALL" the auto cars go zipping by you one by one $$$ - because you can't shift fast enough Also, manual is not TUNABLE ... plus no remote start - and more importantly, no remote REV to F with your neighbors on every occasion you can think of. 😎😂

Then when you get home and the wife says: "How did you lose all that money Dummy" ...? You scratch your head and say "Why didn't I get the F'ing Auto, God Damn it"... Then I would have won and my wife would think I am a real Drag Racer Hero ... 🤣🤣🤣

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
If you need a hookup in Florida, I can get you taken care of.
Sponsored