Sponsored

How many of you are coming from a BMW/Audi/Lexus, etc?

blkandgud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
So, how many of you jumped ship from your luxury German or luxury Japanese car to the Mustang? And what made you jump? How would you compare it to the new Mustang?

This new gen of the car seems to be attracting folks who would've never bought a Mustang in the past, from what I've noticed. So just curious to how it measures up.
Sponsored

SloS14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I've had a few Lexus's. The EB Premium is nice, but it doesn't come close to the interior quality and fit/finish of a Lexus. The MFT is leaps and bounds beyond recent Lexus interfaces though.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i had a bimmer 2 cars ago, and only drove bimmers from 1999-2011, until i bought a 2011 wrx.

the wrx was a huge downgrade interior wise, it rattled since day 1, but that was expected since subaru is known for that.

i have never considered a mustang until the 2015. there was simply no other car that can compete with the GT bang for buck.

the interior of the base GT is phenomenal. it's packed with more standard features than my limited with navigation WRX had, as well as my bimmers.

in fact my coworker just bought a 2014 328xi, and his car doesnt even have a backup camera, intelligent key access or the ability to play music from his iphone/ipod.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I had an Audi A4 before getting my 2011, and I had been a Mercedes tech for 5 years when I bought the Mustang. The S550 easily compares to entry level German and Japanese performance cars in the basic areas, but excels in driving excitement and overall ownership experience(upgrades, community) compared to the others.

Dragen

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBPP
I came from a BMW and an Audi (wouldn't touch a lexus though). I wanted to stay with either of those families, but ford caught my attention with the thought that I could have something fresh and new and fun to drive, with 90% of the options offered, for thousands less. At the time it made sense, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

The new mustang is a MASSIVE upgrade over the last one (which was laughably bad and unrefined) and has a bit of a euro feel, but it's still rough around the edges and lacking; it feels like the step down from the Germans that it is. Not a bad car, and ford is winning over import buyers, but, I seriously doubt they will KEEP them. I'm a good example--I'm headed back to BMW in April, and won't be looking back....

Sponsored

swiftspeed10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Coming from a BMW 328i 6 speed. My family thinks I'm crazy but frankly new BMW's are astronomically expensive, and from all the reviews and my test drive, Ford has really stepped their game up.

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
So, how many of you jumped ship from your luxury German or luxury Japanese car to the Mustang? And what made you jump? How would you compare it to the new Mustang?

This new gen of the car seems to be attracting folks who would've never bought a Mustang in the past, from what I've noticed. So just curious to how it measures up.
I own a 2013 BMW 335i M-Sport and 2013 370Z. I am probably going to replace my 370Z with a Mustang later this year.

From what I can tell in terms of initial material quality, the GT Premium with 68B compares well to BMW. I don't think it is quite on the same level as my 3 series, but it does feel a little nicer than the 2 series (I have been looking at the M235i in addition to Mustang). I do believe the Dakota leather on the BMW sport seats will wear much better than the Ford over time, however. In general, I feel like the top of the line GT interior slots nicely between the base and premium level 3 series. I'd say it's about even with my Z (which is very good.)

It's definitely a huge step up from my old 2011 and overall a very nice place to be. I think anyone used to a 1-2-3-4 series BMW would be pleased with the initial quality of the GT Premium with 68B. :thumbsup:

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Long time BMW 328 owner and was shopping for a 335i when the 2015 mustang crossed my radar. I never considered a mustang before that. The new platform, IRS, and turbo all intrigued me and sounded very comparable to the 335. After almost 4000 miles with my EB I can say my assumptions were very accurate. The mustangs ride is very 'euro-refined'. I think of it as my American made 335!

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I had a Mercedes two cars ago, before my S197. The build quality on it was fantastic -- there's nothing like the solid THUNK of closing a proper Mercedes door -- but the fact that every repair every time anything went wrong was automatically thousands of dollars turned me off German cars forever.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Yep, that's one of the reasons why I left BMW. It was fun while it lasted though, and I'm glad I started considering all makes and models out there now

Sponsored

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Yeah I'm jumping ship after a long line of German ///M cars. Think the fact that the S550 looks amazing and drives just as well with the new independent suspension etc etc helps this case. I can't compare as yet as car not due until Q4 2015. Thank you again Ford for producing RHD Mustangs!

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
This was the first car I ever bought but I drove my family's BMW and Lexus until then. The quality of materials is almost equal now but the build quality is still behind. The car I drove 99% of the time was a 2006 325xi and my new mustang is muuuch more fun to drive than that was.

The BMW didn't have issues until 50k miles, and then it kept breaking down like it was designed only to last 50k miles. I got this 3.7L engine and the auto because they're built like tanks apparently, which is probably why they're in the new police interceptor also.

But honestly I've already had issues with my car. I still love it but remaining loyal to Ford is yet to be decided.

Don

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP, Wipple Stage 2
I traded an Audi S4 towards a 2015 Explorer Sport. Drove the Sport around for a few weeks and test drove a Mustang. Bought it too.

Ford really has come a long way. Their quality has gone WAY up. Audi's quality is about the same. My Explorer was about the price of an Audi S4 so that says something.

Btw before my S4 I had 2 other Mustangs and 3 Explorers leading up to 2012. The newer Ford lines are so nice.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I traded in the wifes a 2014 Scion Tc 10th anniversary because it got hit twice in a year and decided I wasn't going to keep it.....

Duttch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Guard color)
I traded in my 2013 VW Beetle Turbo and my 2010 BMW 128i Conv.
For one nice GT.
Sponsored