ESS or Whipple

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
How are you at $8k already for a G3 system and that’s not including a fuel system? I had everything I needed for $6800, before I went with a fuel system and e85

Depends what car and how you drive it. I still have the OEM exhaust (minus resonator delete), stock OPG, stock driveshaft, stock clutch, etc etc.

Mine should be pretty close to 900whp, haven’t had any issues yet. I’m sure the A10 is a different story, if that’s what you have.
I have the manual transmission. That's good to know. Thanks!
Sponsored

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
What about a tuning? What device are you using? Or is something that has to be done through a tuner? I was reading good things about the SCT X4 and DiabloSport Trinity 2 EX.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
My goal is getting the ESS G2 kit installed. I'm not going to install it myself so that's going to cost. I live near Steeda so I'm thinking about going with them for the install and tune. And then I have to consider the other mods, so I figure this could easily be at 15$-20$K if all done at once. Since I'm not going to track the car, I'm thinking that I might be able to get away with just installing the ESS and then considering other mods later.
I couldn't possibly imagine installing a g2 kit plus a couple other mods costing 15-20k. With a G2 you don't need any other mods unless you plan to run a very small pulley and at that point why not upgrade to a g3? Even then if you don't plan to make over 700 the mod list isnt long. Paying 15-20k would be a complete head slap especially for installing a kit that is no harder than installing a cat back exhaust.

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What about a tuning? What device are you using? Or is something that has to be done through a tuner? I was reading good things about the SCT X4 and DiabloSport Trinity 2 EX.
There are not good options for a tuning device currently, I am hoping AVID changes that. Most people use the RTD by hptuners, but I have had a myriad of problems with mine and unless you are going to carry a laptop around it's almost useless outside of delivering a tune or sending your tuner a log that you can't see

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
I couldn't possibly imagine installing a g2 kit plus a couple other mods costing 15-20k. With a G2 you don't need any other mods unless you plan to run a very small pulley and at that point why not upgrade to a g3? Even then if you don't plan to make over 700 the mod list isnt long. Paying 15-20k would be a complete head slap especially for installing a kit that is no harder than installing a cat back exhaust.
Yeah, I think my quote was a bit exaggerated. I'm not planning on running a very small pulley, so that's part of the reason I don't need a G3. The G2 is plenty for what I'm looking for. Not sure about installing it myself though. So I have to factor in installation cost, tune, tuning device plus the stop the hop kit.

Sponsored

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah, I think my quote was a bit exaggerated. I'm not planning on running a very small pulley, so that's part of the reason I don't need a G3. The G2 is plenty for what I'm looking for. Not sure about installing it myself though. So I have to factor in installation cost, tune, tuning device plus the stop the hop kit.
Something to note, the G3 is more efficient than the G2, with the same pulley the G3 will flow more air, making more power. So bigger power potential is not the only reason to go G3 over G2

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
There are not good options for a tuning device currently, I am hoping AVID changes that. Most people use the RTD by hptuners, but I have had a myriad of problems with mine and unless you are going to carry a laptop around it's almost useless outside of delivering a tune or sending your tuner a log that you can't see
Yeah, I've seen the ads for the AVID ones. So right now it's a tuner. Good to know. Thanks.

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
Something to note, the G3 is more efficient than the G2, with the same pulley the G3 will flow more air, making more power. So bigger power potential is not the only reason to go G3 over G2
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the tip.

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
Do I need to upgrade the fuel injectors if I go with a G3?

Sponsored

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
You need to upgrade fuel injectors either way. If you are never going to run e85 GT500 can be had for around $300
Not planning on running e85. Gas stations around where I live don't offer it.

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
So it looks like it's a bit more expensive than I was thinking. I did choose a blow off valve, the GT500 injectors, the DW415 fuel pump, and the pump booster. Oh and also the G4 intercooler.
1719707418876-y2.png

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So it looks like it's a bit more expensive than I was thinking. I did choose a blow off valve, the GT500 injectors, the DW415 fuel pump, and the pump booster. Oh and also the G4 intercooler.
1719707418876-y2.png
You don't need the pump, the g4 Intercooler is overkill imo also

if you follow juggernaut on Facebook they actually have a really good deal for a g3 kit right now that a customer ended up not getting
Sponsored