Sponsored

ESS G3X 60-130 seems slow compared to everyone else's with same/similar mods.

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Pretty simple bro. You're in Florida running 93. It's detonation. It's hot. The engines hot. The cylinders are hot. The fuel is hot. Lund tune I bet has you set up around 18 degrees or something and I'd be willing to bet it's pulling 3 or so. If your fuel pump is bad you may be experiencing detonation plus fuel pressure drop cutting more power.
Alright well im gonna try to datalog it in a bit and maybe u guys can see if thats the case. Sounds about right tho.
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I live in AZ. The ESS guy was running on a cooler day but the altitude is higher than Florida. Knowing the exact d/a of the run would be helpful then we don’t have to do any guessing
im talking about hero dragy runs online in general. Idk who you’re talking about but ess, dragy and e30 tells me pretty much all I need to know. Best of luck to this gentleman.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
im talking about hero dragy runs online in general. Idk who you’re talking about but ess, dragy and e30 tells me pretty much all I need to know. Best of luck to this gentleman.
The great thing about dragy is you can see the d/a and get a rough estimate of how much slower or faster that time would be under other weather conditions.

Although especially for n/a times it’s lots of 0 or - d/a runs

Sponsored

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Do you have AdvanceTrac off?

AdvanceTrac would pull throttle on me sometimes on the 4-5 or 5-6 shift. That can easily ruin a 60-130 run.

Basically, log actual throttle position, spark, knock, and torque source. You can get an idea from there what's going on. But if you're just running straight up 93, try a can of boostane and see how it goes.

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do you have AdvanceTrac off?

AdvanceTrac would pull throttle on me sometimes on the 4-5 or 5-6 shift. That can easily ruin a 60-130 run.

Basically, log actual throttle position, spark, knock, and torque source. You can get an idea from there what's going on. But if you're just running straight up 93, try a can of boostane and see how it goes.
I do not should i do the double press and hold or just a long single 15 second hold. That does seem to be where its kinda lacking is in those gears tho.

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I do not should i do the double press and hold or just a long single 15 second hold. That does seem to be where its kinda lacking is in those gears tho.
You want to hold it down for like 5-10 seconds until your dash says "AdvanceTrac Off".

That might be part or all of your problem honestly.

Just please make sure you are on good tires! Don't want you going sideways haha.

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You want to hold it down for like 5-10 seconds until your dash says "AdvanceTrac Off".

Just please make sure you are on good tires! Don't want you going sideways haha.
Ok im gonna try that right now while i wait for my computer to charge so i can datalog in a bit.

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

I just tried that but theres so much traffic im tryna be careful of other ppl i only got to 120 for the best one it was 5.4 tho easing into 3rd because its hard to heat up my tires in broad daylight LOL. I think part of it might actually be the lund shift points now that i think about it because it's shifting at around 7200 rpms. Should i try to use paddles and ride it out a bit more? Im still estimating a high 6 second run tho for that extra 10 mph from what its been doing top end wise

Sponsored

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just tried that but theres so much traffic im tryna be careful of other ppl i only got to 120 for the best one it was 5.4 tho easing into 3rd because its hard to heat up my tires in broad daylight LOL. I think part of it might actually be the lund shift points now that i think about it because it's shifting at around 7200 rpms. Should i try to use paddles and ride it out a bit more? Im still estimating a high 6 second run tho for that extra 10 mph from what its been doing top end wise
I just checked a dragy pull of mine from a slower run I did last year. 60-120 in 5.27, hit 130 in 6.7. So yeah, you were still aiming for high 6s or a flat 7.

Are you sure you're only shifting at 7200? They originally set me at 7600.

I never tried the paddles for a 60-130 so I can't say. I just put the shifter in "S" to command 3rd gear, start the pull, and immediately put the shifter back in "D" and let the auto do it's thing.

You can ask Lund to change the shift points for you. But you won't shave a whole second on that alone.

I'd get some octane booster in the tank and let it mix, keep AdvanceTrac off, then see how your numbers change.

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I just checked a dragy pull of mine from a slower run I did last year. 60-120 in 5.27, hit 130 in 6.7. So yeah, you were still aiming for high 6s or a flat 7.

Are you sure you're only shifting at 7200? They originally set me at 7600.

I never tried the paddles for a 60-130 so I can't say. I just put the shifter in "S" to command 3rd gear, start the pull, and immediately put the shifter back in "D" and let the auto do it's thing.

You can ask Lund to change the shift points for you. But you won't shave a whole second on that alone.

I'd get some octane booster in the tank and let it mix, keep AdvanceTrac off, then see how your numbers change.
Are you able to just throw some octane booster in it without any tune revisions? Or would i have to do some more datalogging with that? What octane boosters should i be looking at? Yeah i think if i can full throttle for that first portion in 3rd gear that might cut down the 60-120 to maybe high 4. This is also at the hottest point of the day however 87 rn. Ill try it again tonight.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
For a data point, my 3.15 geared 10R80 car with an off the shelf Whipple stage 2 kit and drag radials went 7.0-7.2 on 93 octane fuel. No other changes to the car, stock manifolds and cats included. With some tuning it got down into the high 6s pretty consistently.

I’d think your car should be in the high 6s to low 7s pretty easily. I would take care of the fuel pressure code before doing anything else and then go from there.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Please stop doing pulls until your low FP code is resolved. You really don’t want to be going lean on a WOT pull if pressure drops out.

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Please stop doing pulls until your low FP code is resolved. You really don’t want to be going lean on a WOT pull if pressure drops out.
I was told to clear it and drive and ever since then it hasnt popped back up and car has been functioning fine. I think i just went a little too much on one of the pulls. Currently just looking for another oem fuel pump.
Sponsored