Sponsored

ESS G3X 60-130 seems slow compared to everyone else's with same/similar mods.

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So I just got the ESS G3X installed on my 2019 10r80. Ive been researching to see what other peoples 60-130s were like because i noticed mine was a little higher than what i was expecting. Im on a 120mm pulley on 93 consistently getting medium to high 7s compared to other people where I've seen 125mm pulleys run high 5s at full weight. I noticed the acceleration was also being a bit funny once it got past 100. For example it would have a slow ish 100-130 then speed up pretty fast from 130-150. Does 7 seconds sound right for the mods i have without traction issues?
Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Can we get some more info on the car (gear ratio) including full setup (fuel pump, booster, injectors, headers, cats, etc.) and tuner? What temp and d/a were the runs at?

I would like to see some logs as well.

It does sound slow. For reference, there are several 10r80 cars running in the 7s n/a. They usually have some weight reduction but you don't need to go full tin can. Full tin can cars can dip into the 6s.

I talked to a dude at the e85 pump who was trying a mix of e30 and I think he was either in the 5s or low 6s on 91, was shooting for 4s or 5s on e30 can't remember. He was a stock 10r80 car with just the ess kit. Not sure which pulley. He was tuned by @Wengerd Performance so maybe he can chip in on the times he sees from customers?

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can we get some more info on the car (gear ratio) including full setup (fuel pump, booster, injectors, headers, cats, etc.) and tuner? What temp and d/a were the runs at?

It does sound slow. For reference, there are several 10r80 cars running in the 7s n/a. They usually have some weight reduction but you don't need to go full tin can. Full tin can cars can dip into the 6s.

I talked to a dude at the e85 pump who was trying a mix of e30 and I think he was either in the 5s or low 6s on 91, was shooting for 4s or 5s on e30 can't remember. He was a stock 10r80 car with just the ess kit. Not sure which pulley. He was tuned by @Wengerd Performance so maybe he can chip in on the times he sees from customers?
I have
3.15 gears
ESS G3X w/G4 FMIC & 120mm Pulley
IDX1050 Injectors
VMP Boost A Pump
NGK 6510s at .026" Gap (93 Octane)
Mishimoto 160* Thermostat
UPR Dual Breather VTA Catch Can
x-Pipe
Stock cats and headers
Tuned by Lund

It's been 78-80 at night over here recently. I just had the kit put on a few days ago. As for the logs im not sure id get you those i just downloaded this app.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I have
3.15 gears
ESS G3X w/G4 FMIC & 120mm Pulley
IDX1050 Injectors
VMP Boost A Pump
NGK 6510s at .026" Gap (93 Octane)
Mishimoto 160* Thermostat
UPR Dual Breather VTA Catch Can
x-Pipe
Stock cats and headers
Tuned by Lund

It's been 78-80 at night over here recently. I just had the kit put on a few days ago. As for the logs im not sure id get you those i just downloaded this app.
For the logs how are you logging? Are you using RTD, ngauge, or Lund’s new device?

If using RTD or ngauge with the laptop you just right click on the file and compress to zip. Then click the attach files button and select the new zip file

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
For the logs how are you logging? Are you using RTD, ngauge, or Lund’s new device?

If using RTD or ngauge with the laptop you just right click on the file and compress to zip. Then click the attach files button and select the new zip file
Im using the MPVi2+ and just my phone. I can try that tomorrow tho on my computer.

Sponsored

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT

Are you starting in 3rd gear around 50mph?

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Im using the MPVi2+ and just my phone. I can try that tomorrow tho on my computer.
I looked on my TDN app and don't see any way to export logs. If you log on your computer with vcm scanner you can save it as a file. Once you save it as a file you can right click and select compress to .zip and upload here.

The vcm scanner app is part of the vcm suite. Download the vcm suite then load the app. You can use Bluetooth I think but its easiest to plug the device in.

There will be a channels list to log. I can send you what to log or lund may have already sent you a file to use.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
You gotta remember 2 things…..

1. most of these people you speak of aren’t in florida. Humidity is a performance killer

2. they’re making these hero runs at or near freezing cold ambient temps.

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I looked on my TDN app and don't see any way to export logs. If you log on your computer with vcm scanner you can save it as a file. Once you save it as a file you can right click and select compress to .zip and upload here.

The vcm scanner app is part of the vcm suite. Download the vcm suite then load the app. You can use Bluetooth I think but its easiest to plug the device in.

There will be a channels list to log. I can send you what to log or lund may have already sent you a file to use.
Well i might have to hold off now because im being told im having a bad fuel pump by lund cause a fuel code just popped up for me so thats great. Im gonna guess that's probably whats been causing it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

1. most of these people you speak of aren’t in florida. Humidity is a performance killer

I didn't think it made that much of a difference for s few seconds.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium

I live in AZ. The ESS guy was running on a cooler day but the altitude is higher than Florida. Knowing the exact d/a of the run would be helpful then we don’t have to do any guessing

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Well i might have to hold off now because im being told im having a bad fuel pump by lund cause a fuel code just popped up for me so thats great. Im gonna guess that's probably whats been causing it?
Ya fuel pump issues could hurt times. I would still like to see logs and your fuel pressure. What’s the code?

If you want to get us logs we can start at part throttle lower rpm and see when you are getting fuel pump issues. Gen3 has a fuel pressure sensor so should be really straight forward to see if you are actually having issues

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ya fuel pump issues could hurt times. I would still like to see logs and your fuel pressure. What’s the code?

If you want to get us logs we can start at part throttle lower rpm and see when you are getting fuel pump issues. Gen3 has a fuel pressure sensor so should be really straight forward to see if you are actually having issues
Would you like me to hold a rev at idle for like 2k or actually drive the car until a certain rpm?

IMG_0001.png

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Pretty simple bro. You're in Florida running 93. It's detonation. It's hot. The engines hot. The cylinders are hot. The fuel is hot. Lund tune I bet has you set up around 18 degrees or something and I'd be willing to bet it's pulling 3 or so. If your fuel pump is bad you may be experiencing detonation plus fuel pressure drop cutting more power.
Sponsored