Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

JAXCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Premium Automatic Convertible.
So who in here is torque boosting with a wastegate on passenger side of intercooler?

Show and describe them setups!

@Brevin@ESS ,any advice on setting that up for interested parties?

(FYI, I did search for wastegate, waste gate, and torque boosting... But nothing came up. So figured I should post a conversation starter)😉

Last edited:

JAXCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Premium Automatic Convertible.
So who in here is torque boosting with a wastegate on passenger side?

Proshop, I know ya gotta be considering this and dropping to a 90mm pulley. You could have more torque down low and similar top end power controlled by springs... without worry of breaking things from too much top end or high rpm fuel starvation

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
So who in here is torque boosting with a wastegate on passenger side of intercooler?

(FYI, I did search for wastegate, waste gate, and torque boosting... But nothing came up. So figured I should post a conversation starter)😉
I've wondered about this too.

In this thread I had a discussion about quieting down the feed side for a more sleeper like setup, and recycle the boost let off.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Farmer pulley!
It is, also my last name. Lol. I'm not looking for huge power. Car is already pretty quick. Just always wanted a boosted mustang.

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Proshop, I know ya gotta be considering this and dropping to a 90mm pulley. You could have more torque down low and similar top end power controlled by springs... without worry of breaking things from too much top end or high rpm fuel starvation
I’m down to research anything and implement it if it helps the cause.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The G2 intercooler may be "ok," but if you ever intend to go for a little more power... That G3 intercooler will be perfect for any future plans.
More cooling is never a bad idea with boost.
ESS & PBD both gave me the thumbs up on it. Both said smallest pulley would be 120mm on g2 ic as their recomendations. Not maxxing my car out, 575-600 hp is a good place for me. Just hit 800 miles on her. I'm 48 now so I've matured, kinda. Got the awaiting shipment status this morning. I do appreciate the max effort/strip peeps. I'll watch ya from the stands. Also alot of peeps think its an ecoboost bc it has no 5.0 badges (till it starts up).

Last edited:

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT

Here is a thread/ discussion involving a Vortech unit. It’s is definitely an interesting concept indeed!
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/torque-booster-vortech-paxton.124935/

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
Just ordered my kit! G2, 125 mm pulley, quiet gears. WooHoo. Quick question. Do I go 5w50 oil after install?

unless your tracking the car and ur beating on it to the extent of ur oil thinning out then ya... I run 10w30 in my paxton and it loves it. Remember... the thicker the oil... the longer it takes to cool down. If its a street car... run 10w30. U should judge the choice by simply looking at your oil temp at the worst times (racing)

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
unless your tracking the car and ur beating on it to the extent of ur oil thinning out then ya... I run 10w30 in my paxton and it loves it. Remember... the thicker the oil... the longer it takes to cool down. If its a street car... run 10w30. U should judge the choice by simply looking at your oil temp at the worst times (racing)
Thanks so much. Def only a street car. Now as Tom Petty once sang, the wait is the hardest part.

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
@Brevin@ESS do you have to order new mounting brackets when upgrading from a g3 intercooler to a g4?

Also I see them on the site are they in stock and ready to ship?

Last edited:

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted ESS & sent $1,000.00 to upgrade to G3 kit. Figured $400 for ic might as well get whole kit.
Sponsored