cheap grippy tires

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
Well if you had 325/30/19 rear tires I would give my old ones with 1800 miles on them. But I cannot give tires to someone who plans to resale.
I’ve got 19x11s on my rear end, if you’ll give them for free i’ll burn them :cwl: .

But don’t offer it to me, I’m sure someone else would make better use of them.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I’ve got 19x11s on my rear end, if you’ll give them for free i’ll burn them :cwl: .

But don’t offer it to me, I’m sure someone else would make better use of them.
I hear you. Lol

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Dem mean streets.. anywho, here's my 285/35R19 firehawks vs my buddies supercharged car with 305/50R15 MT ET street R's. I should have my ass handed to me, right ?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You can get track tire hot enough to work on the street, but if you get caught the ticket the cop writes will be pretty bad. :)

The Yokohama A052 grips when cool and has the best linear grip I’ve seen in a performance tire outside of a racing slick, it just doesnt come in a 20”.

I did ride in a Steeda Q car of some sort which happened to be on drag radials and I was a little shocked how well it handled at an autocross considering the drag tire. It wasnt on super tall drag sidewalls so that might have been the secret.

Anyway, nobody has mentioned the Nankang CRS. 285 or 325 in 20”, wide operating temperature range, and very sticky modern 200TW tire. Worth a look. I’ve driven a 991.1 on them and it hooked really really well (but yeah 911s will do that)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
not seeing issues created by the stock diff bushings
They are are known problem. Even na guys tear them out. Plus Ford genius put a 14mm bolt in a 16mm hole to make the stupid go to 11

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
You can get track tire hot enough to work on the street, but if you get caught the ticket the cop writes will be pretty bad. :)

The Yokohama A052 grips when cool and has the best linear grip I’ve seen in a performance tire outside of a racing slick, it just doesnt come in a 20”.

I did ride in a Steeda Q car of some sort which happened to be on drag radials and I was a little shocked how well it handled at an autocross considering the drag tire. It wasnt on super tall drag sidewalls so that might have been the secret.

Anyway, nobody has mentioned the Nankang CRS. 285 or 325 in 20”, wide operating temperature range, and very sticky modern 200TW tire. Worth a look. I’ve driven a 991.1 on them and it hooked really really well (but yeah 911s will do that)
I haven't checked lately, but I was interested in them, I didn't buy them either they were on a long arrival date or they didn't come in my size. I forgot. But quite a few people did recommend them when I was looking at replacing my INDY500s.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
They are are known problem. Even na guys tear them out. Plus Ford genius put a 14mm bolt in a 16mm hole to make the stupid go to 11
I do remember people talking about that. I don't mind dropping my IRS to replace them, it's just I want to go slow in adding NVH add ons. If or when they do go out, I will upgrade the diff bushings.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I do remember people talking about that. I don't mind dropping my IRS to replace them, it's just I want to go slow in adding NVH add ons. If or when they do go out, I will upgrade the diff bushings.
Depending on miles and driving habits, I would check them. Mine were completely torn. N/A 2015 car.

If yours aren't trashed you can put in inserts that will help protect them. Pulling the subframe and replacing the bushings is a pain in the ass.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Depending on miles and driving habits, I would check them. Mine were completely torn. N/A 2015 car.

If yours aren't trashed you can put in inserts that will help protect them. Pulling the subframe and replacing the bushings is a pain in the ass.
Who makes quality inserts?I guess since I have it off the ground I will check after I clock my rear suspension. Thanks

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I am running almost the same HP as you. I have the 305/35r20 rii and they are not spongy. The size you are running is meant for the dragstrip, which is where they do best. The size you are running works great for the drag strip, but it's not so great for daily driving and corners. When people say track, it can mean different things. Drag strip (track) is much different from oval (track).

thank you all for the replies! i apologize things got escalated and out of control in the comments. i would be running a 305/35/20 tire and i have some nt555r2 tires already 305/45/17 with some drag wheels but they feel very spongy in the corners due to it being a drag tire i suppose. i was just going to run a track tire setup to get everything i want but i was told with track tires you want to wrap all 4 corners not just the rears which really drives up the cost. especially when you gotta replace em every 5k-7k miles. i figured it was too good to be true but i figured i would try just in case anybodies experiences led to a favorable option

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I am running almost the same HP as you. I have the 305/35r20 rii and they are not spongy. The size you are running is meant for the dragstrip, which is where they do best. The size you are running works great for the drag strip, but it's not so great for daily driving and corners. When people say track, it can mean different things. Drag strip (track) is much different from oval (track).
this is really great info!!!! so would it be safe to say once my street tires (ps4s) get bad enough i should replace them with the rii? have any issues with spinning them when u get on it?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting on the V.2's to get off the boat.
Literal slow boat from China, eh? Can you imagine the look on the face of the guy who coined that phrase if he was around today?
Sponsored