Sponsored

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm a snob

Front splitter and rear wing. And that wing actually adds about 240 lbs of downforce. But to be clear, have you ever driven on 305/315 Sport Cup 2's? That alone is a game changer. It's like cheating.
Plastic bolt ons that no one will feel off the track.
Sponsored

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Seems like weā€™re getting a bit silly here. A Mach is not ā€œwalkingā€ a GT350 (and similarly a GT350 is not going to walk a Mach). They are incredibly close from a performance standpoint. The GT350 has more HP and is a bit lighter, but track, tires and driver skill matter. Enjoy them for what they are, DH included, because if yā€™all havenā€™t noticed these types of cars are fading away, quickly.

S650 is a very capable car. Yeah, youā€™re limited on tuning to approved Ford vendors. It sucks, but at least thereā€™s something available to add power if thatā€™s your goal. Ford couldā€™ve just said nah, everyone else is out so are we.

Whether you like S650 or not, it needs our support so that Mustang (at least as we know it) can live on into an 8th generation. Farley has promised a V8 Mustang will live as long as consumer demand is there, Iā€™m not going to discourage anyone from buying S650 as I selfishly want to see an 8th Gen V8 Mustang. Is S650 perfect? Gosh no, but Mustang and Corvette are the only ones still standing as far as American V8 sports cars. Letā€™s not lose those too.

Off my soapbox now āœŒ

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
In 2019, Ford bought back the 2017 GT350 I had bought new. Then, health issues, so it wasn't until pandemic-supply-chained 2021 that I could get another car. I was able to find one manual GT with PP1, the highest-level new manual Mustang then available. Great car. I put MBRP competition exhaust on it; but then ...

... months later, I discover Ford is making Mach 1s again--and they're making 'em in green! I ordered one, doubting it would ever be built until I got an email from Ford. So I sold the GT. For me, there will never be any better manual Mustang built than this Mach 1. It is the last new performance car I'll ever buy.

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I'm a snob

Front splitter and rear wing. And that wing actually adds about 240 lbs of downforce. But to be clear, have you ever driven on 305/315 Sport Cup 2's? That alone is a game changer. It's like cheating.
Front splitter and wing can be bough and installed in a non-HP Mach 1.

FYI the bullitt is manual only.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Friend of mine has a yellow 24 GT convertible with black trim. I was looking at it today and I thought it was a really nice looking Mustang. The S650 is not a favorite, but I don't hate it. At least it's not a front wheel drive hybrid electric with a 4 cylinder squirrel cage engine and a speaker that makes loud engine noises. VROOM, VROOM.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Front splitter and wing can be bought and installed in a non-HP Mach 1.

FYI the bullitt is manual only.
See earlier comment. The whole point was that I was comparing car for car, not what mods you can throw at it. Regardless, no reason for all the non HP owners to be butthurt. I'm one man's opinion, and it has no value. Call me an idiot or agree and move on. šŸ˜‚

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
See earlier comment. The whole point was that I was comparing car for car, not what mods you can throw at it. Regardless, no reason for all the non HP owners to be butthurt. I'm one man's opinion, and it has no value. Call me an idiot or agree and move on. šŸ˜‚
I am still waiting for a good explanation from you when you said "A Mach 1 HP will walk a base GT350 on track"
" Is that supposed to mean something? Look how close those stats are. "

So it seems it is to close for either car to "walk" the other. Nobody is butthurt but it seems like you are trying to justify something.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
Friend of mine has a yellow 24 GT convertible with black trim. I was looking at it today and I thought it was a really nice looking Mustang. The S650 is not a favorite, but I don't hate it. At least it's not a front wheel drive hybrid electric with a 4 cylinder squirrel cage engine and a speaker that makes loud engine noises. VROOM, VROOM.
I kinda felt that way too, or at least I thought I did. Then I saw a dealer pic of this car online and it really got into my eyeballs. I mean, it knocked me out. Four hours later it was in my driveway, including an hour travel time each way to the dealer. I didnā€™t even bother to drive it. After 300 miles I havenā€™t found anything about it that Iā€™m not crazy about. Naysayers may be guided accordingly! šŸ˜€

IMG_0085.jpeg

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I kinda felt that way too, or at least I thought I did. Then I saw a dealer pic of this car online and it really got into my eyeballs. I mean, it knocked me out. Four hours later it was in my driveway, including an hour travel time each way to the dealer. I didnā€™t even bother to drive it. After 300 miles I havenā€™t found anything about it that Iā€™m not crazy about. Naysayers may be guided accordingly! šŸ˜€

IMG_0085.jpeg
Wow, nickel really will not like your car, lol.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

IMG_0085.jpeg
Nice choice with the bronze package. Seen a few with the bronze package around here, very sharp

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, nickel really will not like your car, lol.
Ha! Youā€™re probably right but at my age Iā€™ve kinda given up trying to please anyone except myself. Well, and of course the family CFO! She saw the pic and actually encouraged me.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice choice with the bronze package. Seen a few with the bronze package around here, very sharp
Thanks MAGS1, I like it too especially against the black with the red calipers to set it off. It was the first bronze package Iā€™d seen in the wild. This particular dealership has a real knack for ordering cars for stock. They have a ā€˜65 GT350 and a classic Mach 1 on the showroom floor, both beautifully restored.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

IMG_0085.jpeg
Those wheels look great on that car. Congrats.
Sponsored