Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Ha! Youā€™re probably right but at my age Iā€™ve kinda given up trying to please anyone except myself. Well, and of course the family CFO! She saw the pic and actually encouraged me.
I do like your car. It's a Mach 1 after all. It was a snobby comment for giggles that turned into a debate.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Personally I still struggle to like the appearance of the 24ā€™s. Have seen plenty in person, including a Blue Ember DH that I was going to test drive until the dealer said only if I buy. I still see them coming at me and have to try and figure out if itā€™s a Mustang or an Accord, and from the side if itā€™s a Mustang or a Camaro. Not saying itā€™s ugly, itā€™s just not a car that is unique or stands out to me in any way, except for the tail lights which are not yet growing on me. I actually much prefer the appearance of the GT over the DH due to the lack of all the black hood graphics and raccoon front end. This has nothing to do with envy or hating, I could trade the Mach on a DH anytime I wanted to, I just havenā€™t wanted to yet.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I do like your car. It's a Mach 1 after all.
I am not so sure from that angle. Might also be a Suzuki Cappuccino or a Scion FR-S. Looks a bit too like that new GTD but without the huge wing. Or is it a Camaro wide-body kit?
Cars all look the same these days.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a snob

Front splitter and rear wing. And that wing actually adds about 240 lbs of downforce. But to be clear, have you ever driven on 305/315 Sport Cup 2's? That alone is a game changer. It's like cheating.
Dude, you are off on your comments.
Personally I did not want the massive Cup 2's , Large wing , and splitter that does not work where I drive.
Transmission is personal preference.
Everything else is basically the same.
I made my Mach 1 Premium exactly what I needed it to be and just because it's not the HP doesn't mean shit IMO .

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Okay, I just feel like stirring the pot. When the 21 Mach 1 came out both the base and the HP excited me, but only the HP would be a step up for me, and the base would be a step down from my PP2. I know, the coolers and the transmission were an improvement, but something I didn't need. I even test drove a base Mach 1 and couldn't tell much difference, and then there was the tire difference. And yeah, those big SC2's make a difference.
Now if you're into it, you can turn a base Mach 1 into a HP and so much more. But if you're like me, you want pay and play with minimal mods. If I could have afforded it at the time, I might have traded for a HP but not a base.
Right now I'm married to my PP2 that was a virgin that I know, and not willing to leave her for the divorced HP that I don't know.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Okay, I just feel like stirring the pot. When the 21 Mach 1 came out both the base and the HP excited me, but only the HP would be a step up for me, and the base would be a step down from my PP2. I know, the coolers and the transmission were an improvement, but something I didn't need. I even test drove a base Mach 1 and couldn't tell much difference, and then there was the tire difference. And yeah, those big SC2's make a difference.
Now if you're into it, you can turn a base Mach 1 into a HP and so much more. But if you're like me, you want pay and play with minimal mods. If I could have afforded it at the time, I might have traded for a HP but not a base.
Right now I'm married to my PP2 that was a virgin that I know, and not willing to leave her for the divorced HP that I don't know.
People act like wider tires and wheels turn the base M1 into a Shelby or something. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Honestly if the Tremec, intake, and tuning aren't enough to get you excited, you're probably looking at the wrong car.

Last edited:

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
23 green mach1 manual p0022
ONLY the HP. The base might as well be a Bullitt or a PP1 with Magneride.
I really get a kick out of the never ending bragging about the hp option being a better car. Wake up. It's been beat to death. Mach 1 HP snobs are just like all the other mustang snobs. You are a better than everyone else because you have an option that can be easily leap frogged. A-hole.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
I really get a kick out of the never ending bragging about the hp option being a better car. Wake up. It's been beat to death. Mach 1 HP snobs are just like all the other mustang snobs. You are a better than everyone else because you have an option that can be easily leap frogged. A-hole.
Itā€˜s always kinda cracked me up too.

If it were a rules violation to make it a suffix on forum signature vehicle declarations I wonder how many theyā€™d sell. I mean, itā€™s an option for goodness sake, not a separate model. How does ā€œ2023 Mach 1 Elite Packageā€ sound? Maybe a little snooty?

You can only go so fast on the street no matter how capable your car is. Maybe if youā€™re tracking your car a lot (which I do not) itā€™d be a deal. But Iā€™ve always wondered if real serious track guys might replace some of the HP components with harder core parts anyhow. IDK.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Especially when they don't even track their car. Because paying for that useless bragging right makes your wee wee bigger.

Sponsored

BossPapa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1971 Boss 351 Mustang, 2019 F-250
So Iā€™m going to admit that I commented earlier about not really liking the DH which is where this post got started, however after seeing some of you going after others regarding what makes a Mustang right in your eyes and what you donā€™t like about others options choices has me now thinking all of us are Mustang folks at heart and part of a great club. I attended a local Mustang club event today and enjoyed talking to other Mustang owners about a wide variety of cars there and think all of them are great in their own way. Iā€™ll step off my soapbox nowā€¦

Last edited:

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
People, we're all part of the same continuum. Some of us have never driven on a track. Some of us have a little track experience. Some of us do it a lot. Mustangs suit us all, and they are not all alike. Kumbaya.

(Separately, I believe everyone would benefit from only a single day of track instruction. It is enlightening even if it is not addicting.)

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Especially when they don't even track their car. Because paying for that useless bragging right makes your wee wee bigger.
If you're talking about me, I do track my car. Primarily courses in the Southeast. Just thought I'd throw that in there just in case.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I put lighter wheels, 2 piece slotted rotors, and some sub-frame braces on my non-hp Mach. Oh yeah and Wengerd E85 tune.
Iā€™ll smoke any Hp Mach on track or street! šŸ˜

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
You'd smoke me with no mods.
Sponsored