2017 Ford Mustang will outperform Chevy Camaro in every way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I bet Ford will offer a less restrictive exhaust on the Stang GT. Revised tune and hp bump for the Ecoboost (think Focus RS) for a idea on power numbers. Maybe a switch to the new 3.5 base V-6 that could lead to a TT version. The 2.7 TT could make a North America only debut?
2.7TT isn't going to be here soon. I4 had some issues with a single Turbo, let alone with 2 of them. Also, the 2.7T just barely got here, if they were going to make a 2.7TT, that would probably be no earlier than 7 gen.
Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
2.7TT isn't going to be here soon. I4 had some issues with a single Turbo, let alone with 2 of them. Also, the 2.7T just barely got here, if they were going to make a 2.7TT, that would probably be no earlier than 7 gen.
Question.....What makes you say the 2.7 wont show up under the hood of the current Stang? If you ask me...that lttle V-6 would be a better choice then the 2.3 I-4. Just curious.

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Question.....What makes you say the 2.7 wont show up under the hood of the current Stang? If you ask me...that lttle V-6 would be a better choice then the 2.3 I-4. Just curious.
My bad, I mistook the 2.7 for the 2.3, regardless though, it's a major change that would have to be done either mid-cycle refresh or in a new gen, and remember that they still have the 3.7. Because of that, I would see it coming in 7 gen because the 2.7TT would have to be between the I4 and V8, which would cause the base price to go up to the price of a base I4, and it's not something that a manufacturer would want to do because of PR etc..

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I understand. Ford should still up the ante when it comes to the base V-6. The 3.7 is based off of a very badly aging platform. The new gen 3.5 would be a better choice. I think gm has a better idea in this area (V-6).

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I hate adding to further speculation but...

The SS has a "valve" in the exhaust to build back pressure. I guess this is an intricate function of the new Active Fuel Management... is that correct???

Anyway, this valve (pictured below) will more than likely cause additional complications if Aftermarket Exhaust is used. I'm not sure if this is used in the C7 but it would seem removing this will have an effect on the AFM.

I'm also not sure if manuals get AFM or not...

Sponsored

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I understand. Ford should still up the ante when it comes to the base V-6. The 3.7 is based off of a very badly aging platform. The new gen 3.5 would be a better choice. I think gm has a better idea in this area (V-6).
True, but 3.7 is still a proven motor that doesn't have any major issues. To be honest, I can see them replacing it with a 2.7TT, but like I said, it will happen no earlier than mid-cycle refresh. What I am afraid of is that in forecoming future Musang may not ba a mid 20s car anymore, but it's going to start around 30k.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang

The SS has a "valve" in the exhaust to build back pressure. I guess this is an intricate function of the new Active Fuel Management... is that correct???

Anyway, this valve (pictured below) will more than likely cause additional complications if Aftermarket Exhaust is used. I'm not sure if this is used in the C7 but it would see removing this will have an effect on the AFM.

In also not sure if manuals get AFM or not...

Aftermarket companies have a major head ache in their future. Speculating here.....the DOD might be why the 6.2 is throwing rods. Every bearing that I've seen looks as if they were starved of oil. The DOD works in some part using oil pressure. Some have said that the DOD can or could block or lower the oil pressure to the point of bearing failure. The increased stress of the LT4 in concert with the DOD might explain why the rods are coming out of the block. Just speculating.....

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
GM said the 3 rad system was designed because the Alpha platform is narrower.

Okay...

So? How did the ATS-V manage and exactly WHY wouldn't a larger main work?

Shabby... at best...

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
True, but 3.7 is still a proven motor that doesn't have any major issues. To be honest, I can see them replacing it with a 2.7TT, but like I said, it will happen no earlier than mid-cycle refresh. What I am afraid of is that in forecoming future Musang may not ba a mid 20s car anymore, but it's going to start around 30k.
Ford did say that they were taking the Stang out of the pony car market. The definition of pony car is being affordable and sporty.

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Ford did say that they were taking the Stang out of the pony car market. The definition of pony car is being affordable and sporty.
That's why I want to get mine before they do it completly.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
GM said the 3 rad system was designed because the Alpha platform is narrower.

Okay...

So? How did the ATS-V manage and exactly WHY wouldn't a larger main work?

Shabby... at best...
Do you have any idea on the differences when it comes to the vette lt1 vs the camaro lt1? Or is there a flaw with the lt series that makes them troublesome to keep cool? This 3 rad system might be proof of a design flaw with the lt.....and a reaction from lessons learned from the vette.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Do you have any idea on the differences when it comes to the vette lt1 vs the camaro lt1? Or is there a flaw with the lt series that makes them troublesome to keep cool? This 3 rad system might be proof of a design flaw with the lt.....and a reaction from lessons learned from the vette.
I think that's about all you can really say about this.

Some would suggest it's the LT1/Auto combo that's causing issues.

Cooling will be an issue in the LT4, packaging restrictions and a 3 rad system is already mandatory. Maybe dropping the auto altogether?

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I think that's about all you can really say about this.

Some would suggest it's the LT1/Auto combo that's causing issues.

Cooling will be an issue in the LT4, packaging restrictions and a 3 rad system is already mandatory. Maybe dropping the auto altogether?
It's no secret that the vette is having cooling issues too.......wonder if there is a connection.

BaylorCorvette

Track > 1/4 Mile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51

Anyway, this valve (pictured below) will more than likely cause additional complications if Aftermarket Exhaust is used. I'm not sure if this is used in the C7 but it would seem removing this will have an effect on the AFM.
A family member has a C7 Z51 that I just installed Corsa Exhaust on. They (Corsa) retrain the factory "valve." It was a fairly simple and straight forward install. However it does add an extra step to installation. I think it also aids in sound reduction when it goes into V4 mode.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.