Here are the Mustang pages....

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I'm gonna say this now, I cannot handle the GT350, probably not even over 75% of its capability... Not the R or the TP, I'm talking the $49,995 entry level (lol @ entry level).

I do feel I could manage a GTPP with more practice, at least at our local track. An MGTR would be pushing my physical limits but not nearly pushing me financially...

I am in the market for a usable MGTR so, I would like the MRC portion of the MGTR package to be an option (more or less). I would opt'd out of the MRC for say... GT350 lightweighting just to be more class compliant. If I can't make class, I'll take the MRC for Track...

I think a GT500 is more likely going to be my show/cruiser and the GT be my disposable razor. Yes I can do both...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
WOW!!! 3809lbs for the ATS-V...

:lol:

w/ Recaro's and Track Pack...

Edit: NO TRACK PACK EQUIPPED, I guess 3700lbs really means 3809lbs...

Nah, not holding my breath...

Awwww, that's cute... C&D adjusted the classes so the ATS-V would fit into the Mustang's class. How sweet...

Wanna bet they seperate the GT350R and Camaro so not to encroach on their only chance?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
These cars really don't like the heat, we are also having a really warm summer. They say the ecoboost lost the boost and gt lost power after couple of laps. In the same conditions, ecoboost should at least edge the old v6 mustang.

3-4 seconds difference for the new gt s550 vs s197 is also too low. I don't want to magazine race but motortrend streets of willow lap times show almost 3.5 sec difference in a half a length course of this review. So its hard to say anything unless all of the cars were tested the same day, temps etc.:shrug:

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150

Awwww, that's cute... C&D adjusted the classes so the ATS-V would fit into the Mustang's class. How sweet...

Wanna bet they seperate the GT350R and Camaro so not to encroach on their only chance?
It's there same test car sedan. It has the track, Recaros, and auto. It was still lighter then GT and put a butt whopping on it.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
These cars really don't like the heat, we are also having a really warm summer. They say the ecoboost lost the boost and gt lost power after couple of laps. In the same conditions, ecoboost should at least edge the old v6 mustang.

3-4 seconds difference for the new gt s550 vs s197 is also too low. I don't want to magazine race but motortrend streets of willow lap times show almost 3.5 sec difference in a half a length course of this review. So its hard to say anything unless all of the cars were tested the same day, temps etc.:shrug:
These are loaded Premiums, I'm not expecting the best results from the poorest setup.

I do like seeing the worst case scenario. I think it's misleading to run the best performance setup and show only those results while a majority of people are optioning the car this way.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Look at the comments about the esses vs. ATS-V and Benz. Faster....pretty good stuff. I am glad the Mustang is slow as balls. I mean, it loses to the 1LE, my grandmas 70 Plymouth, etc.

I love to be seen in my exotic looking, slow as balls 2015 GTPP. No matter where I go in my small town, people gawk and ask questions about the new Mustang. I hope I survive these magazine comparisons between the almighty Camaro. I am sure I will. I survived the other 10 failed V8 Mustangs I have owned, too.

Keep up the great work Ford!!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
It's there same test car sedan. It has the track, Recaros, and auto. It was still lighter then GT and put a butt whopping on it.
Shouldn't you be out driving that ummm, yellow convertible Camaro about now?

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
These are loaded Premiums, I'm not expecting the best results from the poorest setup.

I do like seeing the worst case scenario. I think it's misleading to run the best performance setup and show only those results while a majority of people are optioning the car this way.
Pill,

60 lbs is not gonna make a difference! If we were talking about 200 lbs then yes you are right.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150

That loaded GT will be a stock 2ss.

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
The GT is a volume car and the Performance Package is a volume option.

There is now more than enough room after the boneheaded "pleasantly surprising" MSRP adjustment.

With a $40,000 SS, I am willing to bet there is a $39,995 MGTR in the works. A Performance Pack is $2000, an R would be about $6500...

Ford provided enough of a gap for Chevy to hang themselves on the MSRP. An MRC, NPP 1SS is already $40,000... I think a MGTR will bring some serious equipment for the price... Not much room for the Camaro to move with the GT350 at $49,995...

Better wheels/tire 275/295

TR3160

Better rear brakes

GT350R-like aero

Manual Recaro's

MSRP: $6500...

So..... Now your kind of thinking is slowly shifting to the new Camaro actually forcing Ford to step their game up in terms of performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
That loaded GT will be a stock 2ss.

Yep. I can see where pill is coming from, but he forgets that if Chevy wanted too, they could also do the exact opposite of what he is mentioning. Take standard features away and lighten the car and put bigger brakes etc on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS

Almost the same weight as the GT and it smacked it around. Badly. Not even close. As much as you said the Camaro won't perform, you better hope it doesn't. 5.5 seconds isn't even in the same "class"
Sponsored