Sponsored

What's In DFB's Cabinet?

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As I said, my car really was still beading almost like new but I had an itch so had to scratch it. šŸ˜ƒ
A picture is worth a thousand words. After a week driving in the rain still looks pretty good/clean. Obviously lower areas not so much.
IMG_5148.jpeg
IMG_5147.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
At work today, I washed both delivery vans. Just quietly, it was hardly ā€œworkā€! :D

In terms of products and equipment, I naturally didnā€™t have full access to my usual arsenal. Iā€™ve had my Kranzle K1152 at work for a few weeks now, using it to clean down paths and shade cloth while customer flow has been quiet. So having that on hand made progress relatively easy. In addition to that, from home I brought a foam cannon, wash bucket, a wheel brush, and tire brush. Towels, a couple of multipurpose TRC Car Wash Towels, a large waffle weave drying towel, and an old Meguiarā€™s microfiber wash pad.

Chemical wise, I decided this would be a great opportunity to use up some less than stellar products from my collection. For example, Mirch Ceramic Detailer, Mirch Obsidian Tire Dressing, Meguiarā€™s Quick Interior Detailer (the gallon format with the strange vinegar-like scent), and a bottle of P&S Radiance (more on that shortly).

For the wheels and tires, I used Shine Supply Wise Guy, which easily dealt with the usual euro brake dust on this duo, a VW Crafter and Renault Traffic. For the paint, I went in for the kill with Bilt Hamber Touch-less as a pre-wash, THIS is what this product was designed for!

For the contact wash, I used the P&S Radiance Wash and Wax. I was sent this product in error after ordering the ā€œnewā€ version called Inspiration Radiance. I donā€™t normally use wash-n-wax type soaps, but in this case, I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to use this soap up on two vehicles that donā€™t warrant extensive effort being put into their appearance. Surprisingly, this soap is very nice to use, cleans well and leaves behind a layer of gloss and water beading that was not there to begin with.

IMG-1275.jpg

Howeverā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

When Inspiration Radiance was unveiled at SEMA late last year, P&S said that this was a newly reformulated version of the earlier Radiance Wash and Wax, updated to deliver a deeper clean and used as a coating maintenance wash. Having used Inspiration Radiance a bit now, I appreciate that little something it adds to the paint during the wash.

After using the ā€œoldā€ version today, I would say they are the same product! They smell the same, they ā€œfeelā€ the same, the have the same consistency, the same colour, the same gloss and water beading boost. I think the only ā€œreformulationā€ that went down was the new bottle and new label. Does this matter, probably not, I actually liked using the ā€œoldā€ version today. But I donā€™t think the ā€œnewā€ version is as new as they would have you believe.

Finishing the detail, I removed the bulk of standing water with our EGO blower (with no stubby nozzle, this one is actually used for leaves), I then went over the paint using the large waffle weave and Mirch Ceramic Detailer. The interiorā€™s got a vacuum, a wipe down with Megs QID, the glass attended to with some glass cleaner and paper towel from the shop. I then dressed the tires with Mirch Obsidian.

No photos today, I was on the clock and each van is covered in our company logoā€™s ect. Both came up great though! Two things that stood out, Bilt Hamber Touch-less is amazing for cutting through road grime and mud, and P&S Radiance made both vans look like they had been freshly waxed.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
At work today, I washed both delivery vans. Just quietly, it was hardly ā€œworkā€! :D

In terms of products and equipment, I naturally didnā€™t have full access to my usual arsenal. Iā€™ve had my Kranzle K1152 at work for a few weeks now, using it to clean down paths and shade cloth while customer flow has been quiet. So having that on hand made progress relatively easy. In addition to that, from home I brought a foam cannon, wash bucket, a wheel brush, and tire brush. Towels, a couple of multipurpose TRC Car Wash Towels, a large waffle weave drying towel, and an old Meguiarā€™s microfiber wash pad.

Chemical wise, I decided this would be a great opportunity to use up some less than stellar products from my collection. For example, Mirch Ceramic Detailer, Mirch Obsidian Tire Dressing, Meguiarā€™s Quick Interior Detailer (the gallon format with the strange vinegar-like scent), and a bottle of P&S Radiance (more on that shortly).

For the wheels and tires, I used Shine Supply Wise Guy, which easily dealt with the usual euro brake dust on this duo, a VW Crafter and Renault Traffic. For the paint, I went in for the kill with Bilt Hamber Touch-less as a pre-wash, THIS is what this product was designed for!

For the contact wash, I used the P&S Radiance Wash and Wax. I was sent this product in error after ordering the ā€œnewā€ version called Inspiration Radiance. I donā€™t normally use wash-n-wax type soaps, but in this case, I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to use this soap up on two vehicles that donā€™t warrant extensive effort being put into their appearance. Surprisingly, this soap is very nice to use, cleans well and leaves behind a layer of gloss and water beading that was not there to begin with.

IMG-1275.jpg

Howeverā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

When Inspiration Radiance was unveiled at SEMA late last year, P&S said that this was a newly reformulated version of the earlier Radiance Wash and Wax, updated to deliver a deeper clean and used as a coating maintenance wash. Having used Inspiration Radiance a bit now, I appreciate that little something it adds to the paint during the wash.

After using the ā€œoldā€ version today, I would say they are the same product! They smell the same, they ā€œfeelā€ the same, the have the same consistency, the same colour, the same gloss and water beading boost. I think the only ā€œreformulationā€ that went down was the new bottle and new label. Does this matter, probably not, I actually liked using the ā€œoldā€ version today. But I donā€™t think the ā€œnewā€ version is as new as they would have you believe.

Finishing the detail, I removed the bulk of standing water with our EGO blower (with no stubby nozzle, this one is actually used for leaves), I then went over the paint using the large waffle weave and Mirch Ceramic Detailer. The interiorā€™s got a vacuum, a wipe down with Megs QID, the glass attended to with some glass cleaner and paper towel from the shop. I then dressed the tires with Mirch Obsidian.

No photos today, I was on the clock and each van is covered in our company logoā€™s ect. Both came up great though! Two things that stood out, Bilt Hamber Touch-less is amazing for cutting through road grime and mud, and P&S Radiance made both vans look like they had been freshly waxed.
If you had to compare BH Touchless to Car Pro Lift, what say you? Obvious differences like PH balance and chemical composition asideā€¦.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
If you had to compare BH Touchless to Car Pro Lift, what say you? Obvious differences like PH balance and chemical composition asideā€¦.
Having used both enough now, its a night and day difference.

While Lift is very affective as a contact wash, and ok at a pre-soak, it's nowhere close to what Touch-less can do in an effective touchless manner. Touch-less doesn't fully replace a proper contact wash, but it some cases even a filthy vehicle could be determined as clean after treatment.

In actual fact, both Lift and Touch-less share a similar pH reading of about 12.0, but it's the chemical makeup that makes the difference. Touch-less is ceramic coating safe and said to be gentler on waxes than typical high-pH soaps.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Having used both enough now, its a night and day difference.

While Lift is very affective as a contact wash, and ok at a pre-soak, it's nowhere close to what Touch-less can do in an effective touchless manner. Touch-less doesn't fully replace a proper contact wash, but it some cases even a filthy vehicle could be determined as clean after treatment.

In actual fact, both Lift and Touch-less share a similar pH reading of about 12.0, but it's the chemical makeup that makes the difference. Touch-less is ceramic coating safe and said to be gentler on waxes than typical high-pH soaps.
Had a feeling youā€™d say that. OG is the only company Iā€™ve found carrying BH in the US at the moment so itā€™s a waiting game to get some.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Had a feeling youā€™d say that. OG is the only company Iā€™ve found carrying BH in the US at the moment so itā€™s a waiting game to get some.
Touch-less is not something you will need every time you wash, but it's nice to have on hand.

Obsessed Garage has just taken on the official US distribution for the Bilt Hamber range. They will sell a small selection of the BH products (Atom Mac, Touch-less, Trace-less and the clay bars), with a separate Bilt Hamber USA website that will retail the BH entire lineup. In both cases, product will be warehoused and shipped from OG. There are plans for OG to wholesale the products to other vendors once they have volume up and running.

The other option would be to get it from Carzilla in Canada, which I believe ship to the US. At the moment, Carzilla are supplied product direct from Bilt Hamber, but I think when the time is right, they will be supplied by OG/Bilt Hamber USA.

Brand: BILT HAMBER | CARZILLA

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
@DFB5.0 Can you recommend the best product to get all old tire shine off so I can start new with a new dressing?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0 Can you recommend the best product to get all old tire shine off so I can start new with a new dressing?
For tires, you need alkalinity! However, depending on the tire and what was used previously, you may need to approach this from two angles. I say this because I have tires that strip easily, others resist pretty much everything.

To start with, take a stiff bristle brush (as per the links below), then use an alkaline wheel & tire cleaner, or a dedicated tire and rubber cleaner. You can also use strong APC. Spray directly onto the tire and scrub with the brush. Rinse and inspect, you may need to repeat the process, but stop at 3 rounds as you will be wasting you time by that point.

Dedicated Tire Cleaners - Shine Supply Wise Guy, Carpro ReTyre, Adam's Tire & Rubber Cleaner (my pick).
CARPRO ReTyre Tire & Rubber Cleaner 500ml (17oz) (carpro-us.com)
Shine Supply Wise Guy Wheel & Tire Cleaner | Best Tire Cleaner ā€“ Obsessed Garage
Adam's Polishes Tire & Rubber Cleaner | Best Way To Clean Brown Tires (adamspolishes.com)

Alkaline Wheel & Tire Cleaners - Meguiar's Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner, P&S Brake Buster (use undiluted for tires), Adam's Wheel & Tire Cleaner.
Meguiar's D143 Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner, 32 oz. (meguiarsdirect.com)
P&S Detail Products - Brake Buster Wheel Cleaner | The Rag Company
Adam's Wheel & Tire Cleaner (adamspolishes.com)

Tire Brush -
Detail Factory - ProGrip Tire Scrub Brush | The Rag Company
Wheel and Tire Brush | The Rag Company

IMG-4638.jpg

IMG-4642.jpg

Now, depending on how the above went, you may need to go a step further. In any case, dry the tire and access whether you were successful in removing all of the old dressing. If not, then you need to get aggressive.

In this case, I use Stoner's Tarminator, which might sound totally insane, but trust me, it's stunningly effective in stripping tires back to a blank canvas. This is one of those "if you know, you know" tricks.

Car Tar & Sap Remover | Stoner Tarminator | Obsessed Garage

Just don't apply it directly, rather into an old towel and rub the sidewall aggressively. You will ruin this towel, so choose wisely. What you will notice is that it goes on wet, but flashes away to reveal a completely bare rubber surface. Because of the oils present in this product, you won't dry out the rubber either. Actually, you can also use mineral spirits (mineral turpentine) for this role, it works just as well but does dry out the rubber a little.

Note how the tire here, despite being hit with an aggressive tire cleaner, was still somewhat glossy. Then compare the matte surface after being treated with Tarminator.

IMG-9814.jpg

IMG-9817.jpg

From here, you can then re-apply your chosen dressing.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Actually, you can also use mineral spirits (mineral turpentine) for this role, it works just as well but does dry out the rubber a little.
Then compare the matte surface after being treated with Tarminator.
Vinny: As El Jefe said, Mineral Spirits will strip the rubber of nearly all the previous dressing products and the surface of the tire will look the same as D's Tarminator-treated tire. It stinks, of course, but then most aggressive products do because of the solvents.

I only use it occasionally, typically on the truck tires which don't get the same attention as the cars. But, it's so aggressive that you will probably have to dress them twice the first time.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Oderless mineral spirits are cheap and donā€™t stink to high heaven. Iā€™m a believer in CarPro ReTyreā€¦it works very well. Only downside is the foaming spray head uses up a LOT of product. Youā€™ll go through half a 500ml bottle for one wash if your tires need a full stripping. Thankfully their gallon (5L) size brings the price point down far enough to make it a viable use for every other wash or so as needed.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Oderless mineral spirits are cheap and donā€™t stink to high heaven. Iā€™m a believer in CarPro ReTyreā€¦it works very well. Only downside is the foaming spray head uses up a LOT of product. Youā€™ll go through half a 500ml bottle for one wash if your tires need a full stripping. Thankfully their gallon (5L) size brings the price point down far enough to make it a viable use for every other wash or so as needed.
Totally forgot I have a bottle of ReTyre too. Got pushed behind a few bottles of adhesive remover, window cleaner, etc. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

RiotfunK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Binx
Vehicle(s)
22 mustang GT Premium PP1 Manual
What do you recommend for washing cars with wraps using a foam gun? Meguiars didnā€™t really do well to remove bugs and things. I started using chemical guys Mr pink and had been working really well where stuff just wipes right off pretty easy. I know it isnā€™t the best stuff. But needed something better than what I had and it did the trick. Bought a small bottle to try and need to get another of something. Always down to try something better. Thanks

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Is there a better alternative to using the roller drum on a typical Gerni?
(Other than the obvious - a better aftermarket hose etc)

20240615_133334_800.jpg

20240615_133309_800.jpg

It's such a tight roll, the tension in the hose causes the drum to spool back, and the wind becomes loose.

I can appreciate why you'd fit a QC on the pressure washer, and probably hang the more-flexible aftermarket hose (with QCs on both ends) on a hose hanger.
I think I just answered my own question. :facepalm:
Sponsored