Best Nano Sealant

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
This has been covered a few times but how many people have had CQuartz or Opti-Coat or something similar like 22PPLE applied? Is this the real deal or, like many things over the years, just a great coat of wax/sealant? Would there be a noticeable increase in depth and reduction in orange peel?

My local shop quoted 1,500 to polish a brand new Shelby and apply the CQuartz. Does that seem right? Based on other reading, I was hoping 500-600 range.

Thanks!
Keith
Sponsored

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
I'm about to take the dive and have my car CQuartz coated and Xpel clear bra. All in for $1800. Which is a deal from what I've seen, but the guy is newer, so I think he's trying to get his name out there. I've seen his work and it's good.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
This has been covered a few times but how many people have had CQuartz or Opti-Coat or something similar like 22PPLE applied? Is this the real deal or, like many things over the years, just a great coat of wax/sealant? Would there be a noticeable increase in depth and reduction in orange peel?

My local shop quoted 1,500 to polish a brand new Shelby and apply the CQuartz. Does that seem right? Based on other reading, I was hoping 500-600 range.

Thanks!
Keith
Was quoted $1400 for paint prep/correction with CQ Finest. One of the best installers here in the bay area, CA. I was surprised that # included polishing and coating of all painted surfaces(calipers included) and wheels(which is the real kicker here, since the brakes dust like crazy!)

Most of the cost, and labor is in the paint prep.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Im getting the works done too but need to collect quotes.
Would like paint correction, wrap and CQ.
I may only do a bra, but would like the whole darn thing covered

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Understand that there is a difference between CQuartz and CQuartz Finest.
I just had my R paint corrected/buffed and CQuartz finest applied to all external surfaces - paint, wheels (inboard and outboard with wheels removed), calipers, glass and all exterior trim. Cost was $1150 with me removing the wheels and reinstalling.

Sponsored

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I recently had CQuartz Finest applied to my entire GT350 including wheels. The total came to $900 from a very well respected detailer in Fort Worth. This was also applied over Suntek PPF. Overall, I am incredibly pleased with how it came out and would highly recommend it.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm about to take the dive and have my car CQuartz coated and Xpel clear bra. All in for $1800. Which is a deal from what I've seen, but the guy is newer, so I think he's trying to get his name out there. I've seen his work and it's good.
Where at? I'm near Tampa.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I had CQuartz Finest applied. I definitely recommend it. For the past two months I've just been doing a waterless wash. It's pretty amazing how it works.
m6g forum photos nvrfinished 6.jpg

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
Was quoted $1400 for paint prep/correction with CQ Finest. One of the best installers here in the bay area, CA. I was surprised that # included polishing and coating of all painted surfaces(calipers included) and wheels(which is the real kicker here, since the brakes dust like crazy!)

Most of the cost, and labor is in the paint prep.
Is this with Vince?

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Is this with Vince?
Joe Torbati @ OCDetailing in walnut creek. He made his mark at another detailing place and opened up his own shop. Great and knowledgeable guy. Vince is also one of the best in the bay. Havent seen a complaint or bad review for either of them.

Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I'm getting Modesta BC-05 on top of a full ClearGuard Nano SR wrap. Modesta BC-06 (high temp) will go on the wheels.

Why these products? Because the best detailer and installer in my city has lots of good experience with both, and I've seen the results. In another city I might chose XPEL and Opti-Coat as that's what the installer knows.

The practical differences between products are very small. The differences between installers can be very big.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'm getting Modesta BC-05 on top of a full ClearGuard Nano SR wrap. Modesta BC-06 (high temp) will go on the wheels.

Why these products? Because the best detailer and installer in my city has lots of good experience with both, and I've seen the results. In another city I might chose XPEL and Opti-Coat as that's what the installer knows.

The practical differences between products are very small. The differences between installers can be very big.
How much is the Modesta costing you? I imagine the car will have to undergo the same prep that's needed for the other types of ceramic coating.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Is this with Vince?
Vince uses ceramic pro. I have the ceramic pro 9H over the entire car and ceramic pro heavy on the wheels/calipers. It's applied over the suntek clear bra they also did :cheers:

And yeah, most of the cost of the coating is the labor before applying it since they need to do a full paint correction in order to get optimal adhesion.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
How much is the Modesta costing you? I imagine the car will have to undergo the same prep that's needed for the other types of ceramic coating.
$1150 for Modesta
$4500 for ClearGuard Nano SR

The above includes clay bar and paint correction before any work is done. That's also a negotiated price. I do a lot of negotiation for work, and have come to believe that everything is negotiable. I'm getting almost $2K off of my original quote.

It's still expensive. But as I aim to have the car forever and I also intend to drive it, I'm going to enjoy the car more with it being protected.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
$1150 for Modesta
$4500 for ClearGuard Nano SR

The above includes clay bar and paint correction before any work is done. That's also a negotiated price. I do a lot of negotiation for work, and have come to believe that everything is negotiable. I'm getting almost $2K off of my original quote.

It's still expensive. But as I aim to have the car forever and I also intend to drive it, I'm going to enjoy the car more with it being protected.
That's a fantastic price for the ClearGuard! I only know of one installer in the entire bay area certified to install it, and they want $7-8k+ for a full ClearGuard wrap.
Sponsored