Sponsored

Who else is here without a Stang?

Which one are you?

• You have a 6th gen Mustang.

Votes: 96 58.5%
  • You want or are waiting to buy a 6th gen mustang.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • You are a Camaro fan here to spy and see what's going on....

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • You wish us non owners would leave you people alone. =)

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters
OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Need to add an option: "waiting for delivery".
Looks like I can't edit the poll. I would if I could. Anyways you are technically waiting to buy your 6th gen. :p
Sponsored

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just got rid of my 15 Scat Pack for a 16 GT. I will miss that car though haha

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I joined in September to conduct some initial research, and took delivery at the end of October (on Halloween!) of my '16 GT convertible.

Side note:

I've never quite understood the psychology at work that drives someone to join a forum of some namesake where they have some dislike/adversarial outlook on said namesake. I don't join PC forums to skulk around and proclaim the superiority of Apple products, or a Walking Dead board to tell the other members how bad the show sucks.

I guess as a happy, content person, with an amazing family, I find zero pleasure in trying to chastise someone else over their preference. That seems like a pathetic, sad existence ... Honestly, if I would've decided against a Mustang after joining, I would've likely never logged in again. :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I have a '13 BMW 335i M-Performance/M-Sport and I'm trying to sell my car for a '16 GT.
Pretty much the same switch I made. I'm pretty happy with the GT, though I do miss certain features of the 335i.

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I joined in September to conduct some initial research, and took delivery at the end of October (on Halloween!) of my '16 GT convertible.

Side note:

I've never quite understood the psychology at work that drives someone to join a forum of some namesake where they have some dislike/adversarial outlook on said namesake. I don't join PC forums to skulk around and proclaim the superiority of Apple products, or a Walking Dead board to tell the other members how bad the show sucks.

I guess as a happy, content person, with an amazing family, I find zero pleasure in trying to chastise someone else over their preference. That seems like a pathetic, sad existence ... Honestly, if I would've decided against a Mustang after joining, I would've likely never logged in again. :)

I agree. I don't understand why someone would waste their time stalking the "enemy" either lol.

I also agree that if for some reason I should end up going with another car, I don't imagine I would be back here. Of course I am 99% sure I am getting a Mustang, so here I am. =)

Sponsored

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
I've been patiently waiting to get into a new Mustang ever since I sold my 2006 three years ago. Hasn't been in the cards for me since my daughter had cancer (she's one year in remission!) and has long term disabilities. Oh well, I've enjoyed the witty banter and photos here on M6G. I've got my older beater truck that is enough to tinker with for now. I've toyed with selling it for a New Edge, but I need the truck for work.

Quesever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5, 2016 BMW R1200R
I sold my 2008 Civic Si in July to pay off the rest of my student loans (now debt free except for mortgage). I'm currently carless and only have a motorcycle. Now saving what was my student loan payment to save up for a nice down payment on most likely MY17 GT.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I researched and waited for my order to get delivered for a year. I could not have gotten through it all without the knowledge and helpfulness of fellow 6G members. You spend enough time here and you'll know more about the cars, and ordering process, then almost anyone else out there.

mdw195

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I planned on bringing one home last summer, but I am in a similar boat as the OP...only we are STILL in the midst of a home addition. So money has been extremely tight...living in the Bay Area will do that to you. Add in a 4 year old and a 5 year old, and the expenses associated with them =No cash.
However, I am over 90% sure that a mustang GT (possibly vert) will be mine one day. I actually love Euro cars, primarily for the handling...and it seems that the GT is up there with the best of them...
What is really funny? I have not even driven one yet. Sat in several. Just not yet taken one out. I am worried that I might like it too much to pass on it.
I already have mods planned for it as well...coilovers, and exhaust (not decided on brand). But it will visit tracks every now and then since my Motorcycle track days are behind me for the most part...Yes, even if I get a vert.
Lame, I know. So I live through the experiences of others in the meantime.

Short list of cars on my list:
Porsche 911 (997 era most likely)
BMW e46m3 (but not looking likely at this point-too old, too expensive to maintain)
New Camaro (But my heart is not in it, but I commend Chevy for dropping in Vette motor and Magnetic suspension -hoping for trickle down from Ford, but not holding breath)
Ford GT350 (but dealers wants $25K just for the honor of selling to me) WTF?
Focus ST (drove it, loved it)
GTI (drove it, loved it -have soft spot for hot hatches)

Signed,
Conflicted in Bay Area...

Sponsored

TheFaulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm in the middle of buying a house (I close on 11/30) I'm going to wait 6 months and put down 8k on a OW '16GT Premium.

Currently I drive a '07 GTI and a '98F-150 my wife drives a '14 Beetle R-Line. So I'll trade the GTI in when I go to order the GT.

It'll sit in the garage and I'll drive the truck most of the time since I don't live far from work.

I had a 99 GT and a 04 Termi. Man I miss those cars.

tribaltek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 STi
Currently in a 2008 STi. Been lurking on here for a while now. Will bite the bullet eventually, but it'll probably be a 2017. Might even hold out for a GT350.

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
For those of you that are waiting to purchase your Stang due to life... Hang in there and it'll be much sweeter at the end. I had to downgrade to a corolla for 2 years from a VW CC due to house purchase and a new born at the same time. Finally got my GT and the GT has its own space (garage). It's the right way to do it. Of course I open the garage door and peek at it every night since the garage side entrance is thru the house. What a joy! I hope you all get yours soon and enjoy it as much I enjoy mine.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i remember life without a mustang...

iJZGD4A.jpg

now

uoxhj.jpg