Sponsored

Who else is here without a Stang?

Which one are you?

• You have a 6th gen Mustang.

Votes: 96 58.5%
  • You want or are waiting to buy a 6th gen mustang.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • You are a Camaro fan here to spy and see what's going on....

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • You wish us non owners would leave you people alone. =)

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I have been here a little while though I don't have a Mustang. I am in the process of selling my house and purchasing a new house so it's not exactly the best time to go buy a new car. I am waiting for things to work out and settle down, then I'll be looking at getting a new GT. For now I figure I can dream about future mods for my future car, and learn from others what they like and don't like.

Anyways just curious how many other people are like me and hanging around to learn, drool, waiting to order, whatever.

I know one thing. When I am ready, I will be one of the most educated people on this car to walk into my dealership. =)
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Me, but to be frank it is either a GT 350 for me or I keep my E92 M3.

Shark77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MS3
I can't decide and I keep coming up with reasons to not buy a new car. New house, baby, etc. The cash I've shelled out this year I could have bought a GT350R and GT free and clear... Yet, I'm still driving my 2007 MS3 that I've had since new and paid off for 5 years.

My conundrum is that I desire a GT for visceral reasons.... Desire for a S3 for practical reasons... Waiting on the RS for the middle ground... And I really don't have space to keep 2 cars for myself.

BleedingTeal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Future: '19 Mustang GT, current: '12 VW Golf R
Like you I'm here to learn. Waiting for things to calm down, to pay down a little bit more on my current ride which is an 09 VW CC 4motion that I bought last year, and to save a bit more cash. Tentatively planning to order my Mustang GT PP next summer. But in the mean time I"m just hangin and learning. Never owned a muscle car as I've been mostly a Euro guy until now. I still love Dubs, but they are just so damn expensive to maintain and modify it's not worth it for me. I'm anxious to get into Pony cars. =D

Sponsored

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
I am in the process of ordering a mustang. Manager of the dealership will confirm it tomorrow morning. So no mustang for me for another few months. [emoji12] Going from a 160HP focus to the GT will be a big jump

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Why no poll option for owners of prior gen Mustangs who are happy with what they have for the time being?

I have a '92 and an '88 Fox, and am looking to see what Ford has in store for weight reduction in the future. Weight/size are the biggest obstacle in my decision making process right now.

03ramit1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Dodge Ram
I'm driving an 06 Dodge Ram, and have been a mopar guy for years, at one time (back about 09 I had the fastest quad cab in the country. And love my mopars. It's just time to stop spending cubic dollars on cars that are underpowered, and have limited aftermarket support. I'm just waiting until I can accept a coming promotion at work, along with a move half way across the country. As soon as I get settled I will be ordering a 16 GT and should have plenty of parts waiting on its arrival.

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I ordered one in August , already put 5 grand down on it. It keeps getting held up in the shipping leg of its tour. Everybody always asks, "So have you gotten your car yet?"
It's torture lol.

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I ordered one in August , already put 5 grand down on it. It keeps getting held up in the shipping leg of its tour. Everybody always asks, "So have you gotten your car yet?"
It's torture lol.
I ordered mine in May and on the same boat as you!

"So when's that car of yours coming?"

CHOKE ON A TROUT. THAT'S WHEN.

:D

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I ordered my car in November of last year and won't get it until July. And some of you are complaining about waiting 8 weeks...

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I was here waiting but the local dealership offered some pretty nice discounts. I was planning to wait a year.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
@shark Nothing beats owning a car free and clear. A MS3 or something else with some zing to it is just icing on the cake.

What I paid for this Mustang is more than I have ever spent on a car. I also dont have a mortgage or children, yet this purchase was still planned and in the making for almost 5 years. I dont ever stress the payments or surprise maintenance items (replaced 2 tires already in one year).

This has been a great experience; i will never buy a car again without the same kind of preparation and financing terms. Nothing beats piece of mind. I would rather keep dreaming than stressing. Every day I look at the car I am SO happy I didnt fork up the dough for a V8, something that nagged at me the first few months of ownership. (Speaking for myself of course)

Last edited:
OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Why no poll option for owners of prior gen Mustangs who are happy with what they have for the time being?

I have a '92 and an '88 Fox, and am looking to see what Ford has in store for weight reduction in the future. Weight/size are the biggest obstacle in my decision making process right now.
Didn't think about that option. Anyways in the end if you are waiting for certain things to happen to make you feel better about buying one, you do "want" a 6th gen. =)
Sponsored