Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
when i touch my handle it unlocks both sides. every day my room mate rides with me to the gym and as soon as i touch the handle he opens his side.

Yea mine unlocks passanger door as well. Anyway to turn it off so that I would have to unlock manually for the passanger?
Sponsored

IslandHopper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP
so with this whole never take your fob out of your pocket to unlock and get in the car just by putting your hand on the handle... what if people are chasing me, i run to the safety of a locked car... but can't the people at the passenger door just pull the handle and get in?!
Quit going to those neighborhoods. ;)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yea mine unlocks passanger door as well. Anyway to turn it off so that I would have to unlock manually for the passanger?
Try this ... from the owner's manual. Note the last sentence about intelligent access.
Ulocking the Doors - 2 Stage Unlock).JPG

ibinubu12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Premium MT82 EB PP
Try this ... from the owner's manual. Note the last sentence about intelligent access.
This is the case for most post 2010ish Ford products. Anything with the Integrated Keyhead Transmitter can do that feature too.

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
If you give the turn signal lever a tap (not fully pressed) in either direction, the turn signal for the selected direction will blink three times instead of stayin on. This is ideal for those lane changes.

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor

Wait... You mean there's useful information in the manual?!? Witchcraft!

Sent from my iPad using Fingers

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
If you give the turn signal lever a tap (not fully pressed) in either direction, the turn signal for the selected direction will blink three times instead of stayin on. This is ideal for those lane changes.
Factoid about directionals...

The tap feature of the directionals were first introduced by GM in 1967 in their deluxe cars and the Corvette.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Nothing new, all my cars since the early 90s had this feature.

Dave

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1
ah, yep i just read the manual. funny thing though, in another area it talks about pulling the door handle to unlock with the fob in 3ft... i originally did that, but since found that just putting my hand on the handle unlocks the door. also it works with gloves on. they also talk about the lock sensor on the handle as a separate thing - this is what i use to lock the door when i exit and go somewhere. but i can also tap that sensor to unlock. so really, you can 1. pull the handle 2. grab the handle 3. press the sensor to unlock the door. lock by pressing the sensor.

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
Nothing new, all my cars since the early 90s had this feature.

Dave
S197's didn't have it. Had to buy a switch from Raxiom to get it on my '12 GT.

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
S197's didn't have it. Had to buy a switch from Raxiom to get it on my '12 GT.

Until the past decade or so, it was much more common on European cars than domestics.

Sent from my iPad using Fingers

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
ah, yep i just read the manual. funny thing though, in another area it talks about pulling the door handle to unlock with the fob in 3ft... i originally did that, but since found that just putting my hand on the handle unlocks the door. also it works with gloves on. they also talk about the lock sensor on the handle as a separate thing - this is what i use to lock the door when i exit and go somewhere. but i can also tap that sensor to unlock. so really, you can 1. pull the handle 2. grab the handle 3. press the sensor to unlock the door. lock by pressing the sensor.
I think the lock and unlock feature by touching the handle are two different functions. Listen closely when you touch the "lock" sensor on the handle. What you think is unlocking the door is actually re-locking it. Then you have to grab the inside of the handle to open it, and the door un-locks. Listen carefully when doing those actions and you'll hear what's going on.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Unlocking via the handle works about 75% of the time for me. Other times I sit there fumbling around with the sensor for a few seconds only to admit defeat and pull out the fob to unlock the car.

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Vert, '16 428xi M Sport Vert
The "key" to unlocking the door with the handle is putting your hand around/inside the handle. The sensor on top works better for locking. Just a quick touch of the ridged area will lock it. I've had 100% success using this method for the last 8 months of ownership.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
The "key" to unlocking the door with the handle is putting your hand around/inside the handle. The sensor on top works better for locking. Just a quick touch of the ridged area will lock it. I've had 100% success using this method for the last 8 months of ownership.
Yea, That's what I do. Just stick my hand in and try to open the door. The car gets in a loop and just continually lock it. I suppose if I waited a few more seconds, it would reset itself and allow me to unlock, but by that time, I pull out the fob.

I'm not sure what causes this behavior, as it does work most of the time. :shrug:
Sponsored