Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

amilhazes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, CO, 3.55, 20" prem's
I think it will turn off after 30 min of idling even if the FOB is in the car. There's a blurb in the owner's manual about extended idling and auto shut-off.

Oh nice. I thought it might have been like an anti theft device, so if someone steals your the car you left running, it would shut off on them. :-/

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
The window has to drop for the door to open and close. It's more of a mechanical necessity than a feature.

Expanding on this, take note of what the window is doing, it's pushing the glass up into and down from the weather seal to keep water out. Every car with frameless glass power windows have done this for the past few decades.

Sent from my iPad using Fingers

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Great... two idiots.
LOL, you sound like the idiot if you asked that question seriously and not as a joke.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
The window has to drop for the door to open and close. It's more of a mechanical necessity than a feature.
Yep.

There is a reason Ford did not add this odd 'switch'. It is not needed.

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
Expanding on this, take note of what the window is doing, it's pushing the glass up into and down from the weather seal to keep water out. Every car with frameless glass power windows have done this for the past few decades.

And if you don't think it's necessary, try opening and closing the doors with the battery disconnected.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
You think the 'window drop' is annoying? ????? I find the Camaro SS being faster than the GT to be annoying.
Focus on important things and don't waste your time on petty things.
AMEN :clap2:

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3

Interestingly enough, neither my SN95 coupe nor convertible feature this... and as a result, the doors require more effort to close. As you mentioned, it is basically standard stuff nowadays though, nothing new.

Sponsored

tmar66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I read the window design was for sound suppression. Crack the window (like in the home garage) a bit if you want it to stop.

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
How does the window moving a tad bit when the doors open bother anyone? Do you just stare at the door every time you get in and out?

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
How does the window moving a tad bit when the doors open bother anyone? Do you just stare at the door every time you get in and out?
Apparently once it is seen, it cannot be unseen... it really does not bother me personally in the least, and if it keeps my car more dry and quiet then I am all for it! :thumbsup:

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Ha ha! Didn't think anyone still remembered Froggie the Gremlin!

Watch this vintage Andy Devine Saturday morning kid's show that used keep us rolling on the floor with laughter at about 5 years of age. In some ways, it is funnier today that back then! Give a look...

[ame]MaskedRacerX
Sponsored

Last edited: