Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
A fact is that driving an automatic is BORING. You are just a passenger going for a ride in an automatic car. The manual transmission car is INVOLVING and EXCITING.
You are not riding in the car but DRIVING the car.
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I have an automatic and don't find it boring at all.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I have an automatic and don't find it boring at all.

Willing to bet they haven't tried the auto in the S550. In manual mode it shifts impeccably.

Sent from my iPad using Fingers

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Once in a while when I use the left pedal and the right pedal smoke comes off the back tires.

TheFaulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Willing to bet they haven't tried the auto in the S550. In manual mode it shifts impeccably.

But idk what todo with my foot. My truck is an auto and I catch myself pressing the invisible clutch sometimes.

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
On par with the DCTs you've driven?
I've only had experience with DCTs on VAG (VW, Audi) cars and the DCT in the Fiesta/Focus. It's on par with VAG.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP

I must say after driving a manual for many years and dealing with stop and go traffic it was nice to have the best of both worlds. Ford did a phenomenal job creating such a versatile high performance car.:cheers:

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I did not realize how dim the Mustang headlights are. And anyone who says to the contrary has not seen and used the truly bright HID headlights such as BMW or Mercedes have.
The Mustang headlights must be rated as barely acceptable. I do not like them at all.
Also, I had to replace all the goofy dim interior lamps and also dim the back up light and trunk light with bright Diode Dynamics LEDs.

IslandHopper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP
I did not realize how dim the Mustang headlights are...
Hehehe... you'd HATE my pickup! (89 F150)... it's original lenses are so yellowed and crazed that I might as well not have headlights from the driver's point of view. I suppose the other drivers can see me because of them though.

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Just noticed that when putting the turn signals turns your fog light off and using your hazards turns them both off.
This is very annoying. Something interesting that I've noticed, however, is that if you buy the RGB fog lights from [MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION], the LED bulbs only connect to one of the connectors from the car (and it powers both LEDs). So basically turning on one turn signal will either turn both fog lights off or leave both fog lights on.

I wish someone could release a module so that both LED bulbs could connect to each other so that as long as one of them is on, the other one can't turn off.

Thoughts [MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION]? Seems to be something that bothers a lot of us :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I'd rather have the fog light go off when the turn signal goes on rather than have some zombie in an on-coming car crash in to me because he didn't see the turn signal due to the fog light being on! I can't see the lights on the front of the car when I'm driving it.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I guess this would only benefit us guys with the Roush fascia then lol. Fog lights are almost in the middle so it really just looks ridiculous with one going out.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Yeh, I don't like the fogs going out either cause they serve more as cornering lights than anything else. Someone tell me how they do anything in the fog. But I see why they need to turn off. And yes, the headlights are not as good as on my Acura RL which I traded, which also turned with the steering wheel.
Sponsored