What's In DFB's Cabinet?

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Hey D, if you’re looking for a new wheel cleaner/iron remover, I tried this one out on my winter wheels this afternoon. Works really well, a little thicker consistency so it clings to the wheels a bit. Easy to rinse off as well, stinks like all the iron removers do.

IMG_2846.jpeg
Which one, Gyeon or the Ethos LOL ? I do like the Gyeon, I haven't tried Ethos though. I just bought a whole gallon of NV Purge today, it's definitely my go to. It stinks but not that bad :)

Edit, never mind, I see the Gyeon is tire cleaner LOL. I do like the Gyeon wheel cleaner though ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Which one, Gyeon or the Ethos LOL ? I do like the Gyeon, I haven't tried Ethos though. I just bought a whole gallon of NV Purge today, it's definitely my go to. It stinks but not that bad :)
LOL sorry the Ethos. Had an extra bottle of Gyeon Tire sitting next to it 😁.

I think Ethos tried to tame the smell a bit but it still smells.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
LOL sorry the Ethos. Had an extra bottle of Gyeon Tire sitting next to it 😁.

I think Ethos tried to tame the smell a bit but it still smells.
Yeah I edited my post. I finally read the Gyeon and saw it was tire cleaner LOL. Anyway, I might try that some day. I really dig NV Purge though. It clings real nice, and they did something to mask the smell, it isn't exactly pleasant but doesn't take your breath like pure iron remover (IronX or Gyeon Iron is AWFUL)...

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah I edited my post. I finally read the Gyeon and saw it was tire cleaner LOL. Anyway, I might try that some day. I really dig NV Purge though. It clings real nice, and they did something to mask the smell, it isn't exactly pleasant but doesn't take your breath like pure iron remover (IronX or Gyeon Iron is AWFUL)...
Yeah the Iron-X is something awful for sure. I have some of that left, I’m due for a decon next wash so I’ll use the rest of Iron-X up. Probably have enough for one side of the car and will do the other side with the Ethos.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the Iron-X is something awful for sure. I have some of that left, I’m due for a decon next wash so I’ll use the rest of Iron-X up. Probably have enough for one side of the car and will do the other side with the Ethos.
I have tried many, Gyeon Iron is in my IK 360 bottle at the moment, but looking for value, I got a 5 liter jug of Gtechniq W6 from The Rag Co on their anniversary sale this week. Among other things... Lets say I bought the farm this week LOL. 20-25% off was sooo tempting LOL..

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Stoner recently released a decon spray without the Thioglycolate but early reviews said it wasn’t a great performing decon.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Stoner recently released a decon spray without the Thioglycolate but early reviews said it wasn’t a great performing decon.
Their Invisible Glass is probably the best glass cleaner out there IMO. I haven’t ventured to try any of their other products yet. Their glass coating is supposed to be pretty good.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Their Invisible Glass is probably the best glass cleaner out there IMO. I haven’t ventured to try any of their other products yet. Their glass coating is supposed to be pretty good.
I saw their demo video of the glass coating at SEMA…could be promising if it holds up.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have tried many, Gyeon Iron is in my IK 360 bottle at the moment, but looking for value, I got a 5 liter jug of Gtechniq W6 from The Rag Co on their anniversary sale this week. Among other things... Lets say I bought the farm this week LOL. 20-25% off was sooo tempting LOL..
I hear you, I reloaded on everything during all the Presidents Day sales. My wife was like WTF 🤣. I really only use my rinse less wash in the winter, and occasionally will be able to do a Carpro Lift wash if it gets warm enough. So I typically reload around Presidents Day. She should know by now LOL

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I saw their demo video of the glass coating at SEMA…could be promising if it holds up.
I’ll be due to refresh the coating on my glass around June/July, I might give that one a try

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I hear you, I reloaded on everything during all the Presidents Day sales. My wife was like WTF 🤣. I really only use my rinse less wash in the winter, and occasionally will be able to do a Carpro Lift wash if it gets warm enough. So I typically reload around Presidents Day. She should know by now LOL
Same. Rinseless in cold weather. I love to foam 😁. Doubly so now that I got a good foam canon (MTM PF 22.2). I've used it twice now and Holy cow it's so much better than the cheap one I've been using.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't realize that they were coming out with one, I'm going to have to try it. I used their glass polish on my Mustang and it turned out exceptionally well. Some more elbow grease required in certain areas than others, but the end result was solid.

I ended up finishing with Griot's glass coating and it's kinda difficult to work with. It's very easy to use too much of it.

Tarminator is solid. I have Stoner's Tarminator, Griot's Track Spray, and Mother's R3 for sticky stuff.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Gyeon Iron is one of the better performers, but yep, it's one of the worst smelling because they don't use a scent to attempt to mask the odor.

Purge is the least offesive of all the iron remover type products. I used Purge yesterday to clean the wheels on the two delivery vans. One is a VW and the other a Renault, both producing that horrible thick brake dust. Used as a spray, soak, rinse, spray, agitate, rinse method, it easily dealt with the situation.

IMG_6300.jpg

IMG_6301.jpg

IMG-1063.jpg

IMG-1065.jpg

From what I have been told, like Gyeon Iron, W6 is one of the better ones. The only one I have been advised to avoid is P&S Iron Buster, apparently its not as good as it used to be.

Yeah, that's what I have seen too. Despite a lengthy spiel on The Rag Company TRCMA trade show, I have doubts about its ability. Apparently, it was staining driveways too, which has led to a separate "traceless" version for mobile detailers.

I have tried a lot of glass cleaners, but Stoner's is easily the best, closely followed by Gyeon Glass and P&S True Vue.

Same. Rinseless in cold weather. I love to foam 😁. Doubly so now that I got a good foam canon (MTM PF 22.2). I've used it twice now and Holy cow it's so much better than the cheap one I've been using.
Koch Chemie have just unveiled an all-new rinse-less wash at TRCMA. Rrw is a polymer based product, my preference, and should be worth looking at. The pH is pretty low though at 4.0.

Rapid Rinseless Wash – The Rag Company

As for the MTM PF22.2, it's a benchmark for a reason!

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Gyeon Iron is one of the better performers, but yep, it's one of the worst smelling because they don't use a scent to attempt to mask the odor.

Purge is the least offesive of all the iron remover type products. I used Purge yesterday to clean the wheels on the two delivery vans. One is a VW and the other a Renault, both producing that horrible thick brake dust. Used as a spray, soak, rinse, spray, agitate, rinse method, it easily dealt with the situation.

IMG_6300.jpg

IMG_6301.jpg

IMG-1063.jpg

IMG-1065.jpg

From what I have been told, like Gyeon Iron, W6 is one of the better ones. The only one I have been advised to avoid is P&S Iron Buster, apparently its not as good as it used to be.

Yeah, that's what I have seen too. Despite a lengthy spiel on The Rag Company TRCMA trade show, I have doubts about its ability. Apparently, it was staining driveways too, which has led to a separate "traceless" version for mobile detailers.

I have tried a lot of glass cleaners, but Stoner's is easily the best, closely followed by Gyeon Glass and P&S True Vue.

Koch Chemie have just unveiled an all-new rinse-less wash at TRCMA. Rrw is a polymer based product, my preference, and should be worth looking at. The pH is pretty low though at 4.0.

Rapid Rinseless Wash – The Rag Company

As for the MTM PF22.2, it's a benchmark for a reason!
I saw the new Rinseless. I was tempted to grab a bottle as it is reasonably priced but I've got plenty of ONR wash and wax, absolute and the opticoat on hand. I have a gallon of DIY Rinseless as well and I like it too. I use it for pre spray, especially in my IK foamer.
Sponsored