Sponsored

What axle back with LTs and factory resonator

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
This is sound question. I took off my MBRP race due to the copious amounts of noise from the lack of a resonator and cats obviously when I did my long tubes.
What's the most tame axle back for these cars? I plan on removal of the factory resonator and replacement of a X style muffler in its place (2.5" inlets outlets )
Sponsored

Silver550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
15" Silver Premium PP
I was wondering how the SLP Loudmouth II would sound? Its supposed to be quieter than the Roush too.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
This is sound question. I took off my MBRP race due to the copious amounts of noise from the lack of a resonator and cats obviously when I did my long tubes.
What's the most tame axle back for these cars? I plan on removal of the factory resonator and replacement of a X style muffler in its place (2.5" inlets outlets )
Magnaflow streets and Vibrant resonators if you would like to tone it down some more.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I have LT's with no cats, cj pony h-pipe 2.5", stock pipe with stock mufflers. I absolutely love sound/volume. Loud enough to know it's not stock. No cackle, rasp, popping noise at all. No drone either.

Sponsored

Silver550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
15" Silver Premium PP
I just recently installed my Mak cat deletes with my MBRP Street and it was very loud and raspy. I ended up getting a pair of 18" long Vibrant resonators welded in on the H pipe and I love the way it sounds. It made the exhaust sound deeper and it still has that "bark" at higher rpm's.

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
Instead of having to cut the factory exhaust up I would go with the Magnaflow Street cat-back. I have heard a lot of setups in person and the MF Street works well with long tubes in regard to controlling sound.

2015 MUSTANG GT MAGNAFLOW STAINLESS STEEL 3" STREET SERIES CAT-BACK EXHAUST

I also really like how the 4.5" tips fill up the bumper cutout almost completely.

Let me know if you are interested and I will hook it up!
Sponsored