Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Who buys a track car with navigation, Lame non supportive seats with power? If someone ordered a tech car it's their own fault for not gettig coolers.

Someone who was going to drive it on the street more.

So, if the track pack cars develop major problems when being used on the street; we can all say "it's you own fault for driving a track car on the street"?

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Someone who was going to drive it on the street more.

So, if the track pack cars develop major problems when being used on the street; we can all say "it's you own fault for driving a track car on the street"?

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP
My point is, how many tech owners actually tracked their cars so far?
How many tech owners actually went into limp mode?
How many tech owners placed the order for their car at the dealer?
If the owners of the tech pack placed the order for their car, and knowing their are base, tech, track and R packages available and still chose to order the tech pack because your main concern was the fancy radio, leather seating, and power seats, how can you blame ford? Yes the Shelby is a capable track car.
But a tech non cooler car wasn't called a "track-nology" car! If you wanted to track it then but the coolers and or track car. Remember the videos ford made showing the gt350 going around the track with the red GT350R? It was a magnetic gt350 track pack! Not a tech pack. They call coolers "coolers" for a reason.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Ok wow. Well it seems only the tech owners are complaining
Nope, they're are base car owners as well, go check out the first 10 pages of thread " car going into limp mode".

And yes they're quite a few base/tech cars that have gone into limp mode, basically all of them that hit the track for more than 15-20 minutes. Check out "Bossing's" thread at the track.

Read all the threads, they're are many more.

Give it up VOODOO. Good night.:gossip:
:amen:

Last edited:

wimend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG GT 350 Tech Package
My point is, how many tech owners actually tracked their cars so far?
How many tech owners actually went into limp mode?
How many tech owners placed the order for their car at the dealer?
If the owners of the tech pack placed the order for their car, and knowing their are base, tech, track and R packages available and still chose to order the tech pack because your main concern was the fancy radio, leather seating, and power seats, how can you blame ford? Yes the Shelby is a capable track car.
But a tech non cooler car wasn't called a "track-nology" car! If you wanted to track it then but the coolers and or track car. Remember the videos ford made showing the gt350 going around the track with the red GT350R? It was a magnetic gt350 track pack! Not a tech pack. They call coolers "coolers" for a reason.

Have you seen the "how many 350s produced to date" thread just below this? Base/Tech cars make up 72% while Track Pack's make up only 27%. That's more more than a 2 to 1 ratio of base/tech vs track cars. On top of that Ford changed the available options on a 2 yr production cycle vehicle??? You usually see automakers do this type of update as I mid cycle refresh on a regular production vehicle 2-3 years into the production cycle. I think ford realized a bit too late that all 350s would require the diff and trans coolers to be able to perform as advertised. I also think it's going to get pretty nasty this summer as more folks take delivery of their vehicles and the temps begin to warm up.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'm not disagreeing with you. But the sales and production are because of what buyers placed or what the sales people ordered because they figured most people want fancy radio etc.

Sponsored

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Even in the small microcosm of this forum there are a growing number of "limp mode" reports. The recently announced information that all 2017 cars will have coolers should clarify what Ford itself intends this car to be, in every form.

Statements that cars sold with non track-focused seats, some tech and other comfort goodies should inherently not be even thought of as track-capable cars are so stunningly ignorant, they really don't warrant serious consideration. Suggesting that a purchaser should have known that a car without auxiliary coolers would not be able to stay on a track beyond the time it takes to get grip in the tires is illogical Monday-morning quarterbacking at its worst. Overall, this kind of thinking only serves to degrade the GT350 platform as a whole.

As with any other issues in life people will have their opinions, but to maintain that a very narrow performance envelope for 2016 Base and Tech cars was NOT an engineering and/or marketing mistake by Ford is off-base. Instead, I think we all ought to be standing together to champion the GT350 as one of the most excellent performance sports cars available--in all forms. If that means that Ford needs to engineer some solutions, so be it. But, we really ought to be with one voice on this.

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
I'm not disagreeing with you. But the sales and production are because of what buyers placed or what the sales people ordered because they figured most people want fancy radio etc.
You just don't get do you! :headbonk:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I watched the video, and it was obviously not a response to recent problems on the track. It doubled down on Ford's marketing lingo. They talk about the base car and show it on the track. They say that tech and base cars are for people who are less serious on the track.

That fits me to a T. The way the tech pack was marketed by Ford, it was said to be exactly what I want. I'm a novice on the track, so I will be relatively slow there. I will only go to the track 2 or 3 times a year at the most, so I'm NEVER going to get enough track time to become an expert.

Bottom line is that the standard GT is more track capable than my GT 350.
I had a standard GT and it was fine on the track. Based on Ford's marketing I expected the GT350 being the most track capable Mustang ever would be more capable than that base GT.

Ford's marketing campaign for the GT350 did not give their customers any reason to suspect this.

I'm sure Ford will find a good solution that doesn't void warranties. I hope it is soon and the price is fair. Maybe as some are saying it's only a software fix. Maybe heat shields, coolers or some combination thereof.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Keep reducing the Tech package to a "fancy radio". That isn't the point.

1. The entire GT350 line was marketed as a track capable car. Less than 20 mins to limp mode is not "track capable"

2. With the sales figures for this car it seems that commonsense shows that most people believed it to be able to perform track duties without the coolers.

3. Show me one thread on even this forum where "experts" were saying that we would need the track pack to go 20 mins on the track. I believe it was more that if occasional track days we wouldn't need the track package. I guess hindsight is 20/20.

4. It is absolutely not an industry standard that track cars must come with additional coolers. Why is it now "we should have known with the Shelby? Quite the opposite, Ford should have explicitly stated the limits of its track capabilities without coolers since it is "the most track capable car".

5. Everyone keeps going back to of pg 25 of the owners manual stated that if we want to track the base/tech cars we need additional coolers. Where are these coolers? Why didn't ford release them with the car if they were so vital?

6. While we are on the owners manual, doesn't it usually say something about tracking the vehicle will void the warranty? So, then every track pack Shelby should come with a voided warranty. Because why else would you buy the track pack option?

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package, ETA 10 March (Bremerhaven, Germany), under MSRP

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Please don't start this debate again.
Nothing from me...

If you wanted to track it then but the coolers and or track car. Remember the videos ford made showing the gt350 going around the track with the red GT350R? It was a magnetic gt350 track pack! Not a tech pack.
https://reg.attendeenet.com/profile/web/index.cfm?PKWebId=0x3573a620&varPage=home

Hmmm...?
...I don't recall any Miatas with "Track packages". Guess all those should get off the tracks across America.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Keep reducing the Tech package to a "fancy radio". That isn't the point.

1. The entire GT350 line was marketed as a track capable car. Less than 20 mins to limp mode is not "track capable"

2. With the sales figures for this car it seems that commonsense shows that most people believed it to be able to perform track duties without the coolers.

3. Show me one thread on even this forum where "experts" were saying that we would need the track pack to go 20 mins on the track. I believe it was more that if occasional track days we wouldn't need the track package. I guess hindsight is 20/20.

4. It is absolutely not an industry standard that track cars must come with additional coolers. Why is it now "we should have known with the Shelby? Quite the opposite, Ford should have explicitly stated the limits of its track capabilities without coolers since it is "the most track capable car".

5. Everyone keeps going back to of pg 25 of the owners manual stated that if we want to track the base/tech cars we need additional coolers. Where are these coolers? Why didn't ford release them with the car if they were so vital?

6. While we are on the owners manual, doesn't it usually say something about tracking the vehicle will void the warranty? So, then every track pack Shelby should come with a voided warranty. Because why else would you buy the track pack option?

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package, ETA 10 March (Bremerhaven, Germany), under MSRP

You're not getting the point.
How ignorant can people be????
Yes ford said its track capable, and it is for a novice, but if you are going to push it for 20 minutes then why or how do you not understand how important coolers are. That's my point. Everyone knew tech cars don't have coolers! Jesus people wake up.
Ford made it clear that TRACK CARS HAVE COOLERS AND TECH CARS DO NOT!!!!!
It's simple. It's called track pack for a reason. And tech pack is just that technology minded. It was in black and white print when I ordered mine last July!
With that said I understand your point on the 2017 cars having coolers standard, but ford is also no longer selling the TRACK PACK car either. They are putting coolers on all shelbys because they are dropping the base, tech and track and making all 3 options into one car.