Sponsored

Video: Shelby GT350 Ordering Info - Ford addressing GT350 use & heat issues

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Even a novice who rents a base C7 Stingray auto can go on the track for a full day without hitting limp mode. I have two friends that did this last summer in hot Florida.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'd have to argue with you on 1 and 2! I think the ecoboost is a better performer with more tunability.... Don't get too hung up on the number of cylinders.
The V6 is the base base base Mustang as of '15 so you're correct. And if we REALLY want to dictate this by power, the EcoBoost still runs away. 310 vs 300, remember?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Stop this idiotic argument.

I don't recall any Miatas with "Track packages". Guess all those should get off the tracks across America.
The Miata isn't making 526 hp 429 tq and 3800 pounds either. But I agree. I didn't buy a tech pack because I knew all along what I wanted. Who buys a tech pack and tracks it? The writing is on the wall. I bought the track pack and knew the advantages.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Yeah buddy, beat that dead horse.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Who builds a 526 hp car that can't utilize its power for longer than 20 mins?

This should had been addressed long before going to production.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Double post

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Who builds a 526 hp car that can't utilize its power for longer than 20 mins?

This should had been addressed long before going to production.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP
Who buys a track car with navigation, Lame non supportive seats with power? If someone ordered a tech car it's their own fault for not gettig coolers.

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
I have a Tech pack and I am not complaining and I could not be happier having had mine for a few months.

It has done nothing but bring a big smile to my face with no regret. I am sure that if I intend to run it hard on the track, solutions will appear that will allow me to do so and I will add them.

This car is great no matter what, at least to me and the future is nothing but bright for anyone who is blessed enough to have any GT350.......Steve

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I have to admit it is sort of silly having all those packages. I guess its good they didn't come out with a GT350 Hybrid Engine package.

Sponsored

REAZO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Bottom line. The Shelby was designed for track time across the entire line. The track option was for more aggressive track use. That doesn't make the base and tech packages "street only".

10 min use on the track is way underwhelming for a track car with or without coolers.

If it's happening now Ford new it would happen and decided to ignore the issue with the 15/16s and look forward to fixing it in '17.

As far as why I picked the tech. From what I was marketed from ford I fit it better. Mainly street use with some track time.

Now I'm being told "if I wanted to track it at all, I should've gotten a track pack". That's is completely the wrong answer. And since it's usually coming from someone with no dog in this fight (ie track pack buyer or non-buyer), it's sounds arrogant and conceited to me.

I expect ford to stand behind their product and delivered what they promised, the "most track capable mustang, ever".

Agree. Agree. Agree!!!

MastrHU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Ok wow. Well it seems only the tech owners are complaining
We are a quick one, no? Sooner or later, I'm sure a base model owner might have the same complaints. I think the issue is that Ford has produced a so called "world class track oriented car," that's not as capable as advertised. On Ford's site it states "Quite simply, the GT350 was engineered so you will say – from the race track to winding back roads, the GT350 can do it all." I guess it can do it all, but only in a small window for the Tech guys. To add to this, Ford has changed the 2017 options to have trans/diff cooling in all cars. That makes it seem as if Ford identified a heat issue and corrected it for the later 2017 cars. So, Tech owners aren't upset about not being able to run their cars all day on the track, but more worried that their car might not be able to sustain under 20 minutes of hard driving, in cooler weather no less. I'm not a track guy, but I'm pretty sure I'd be mad if my car went into limp mode after some high spirited driving on the autobahn (fellow MAS buyers). Only time will tell if this is a larger problem, if it is, then one can only hope it is acknowledged by Ford. I do think more data is needed. That will take more Tech guys tracking their cars, which most likely won't happen.

REAZO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Bottom line why would you buy a non track ready version and track the car. The limp mode =engine fail safe. The car clearly isn't a track car if it has all those amenities. You chose the daily driver. I could see how you could blame the dealer for misleading you.
Don't you guys remember the gt500 perf pack and base. Available for years. Nobody seemed to complained about that.
After only 10 minutes at a moderate pace on the track, I can't go over 5000 RPMs. Limp mode. I can't imagine ford built this car to be outperformed by a standard GT after only 10 minutes on the track. I said it before on the other thread, Ford should be embarrassed by this.

No joke. I'm in the novice group, with my instructor sitting next to me. We have a normal GT following us to learn the lines. I was going slower so the GT could keep up with us on the straights. I don't think I ever went over 6500-7000 RPM. After 10 minutes I am limping back into the pits, while the standard GT enjoys the rest of the session. Bottom line is that the standard GT is more track capable than my GT 350.

I have never driven another street car, and had this happen on the track, even forced induction cars. I'm taking my GT 350 back to the dealership this week and leaving it with the service department until this is resolved or they replace the car. I'm not usually a jerk, and I don't mean to be a jerk, but this is not performing the way it was intended

Ford should be embarrassed.