2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
My 2022 M1 was just over £60k new without the Recaros.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Kia's website says from £13665 OTR, Kia Picanto Prices & Guide | Kia UK

I do agree the Fiesta (a £20k car) was better made than the Mustang in general, although to be fair my Mustang had no paintwork or panel issues at all.

Some of the early production S650's had problems, and these were the ones used for press work. Current customer car seem pretty good in general from pictures and write ups?

Ford stopped making the Fiesta because they were making less than £300 per car profit, which made it pretty pointless. They probably make a few £k on the Mustang which brings it into line with equivalent cars. I for one am very pleased they are still making it and consider it good value for what it is. Yes it is a heavy facelift, but where is the money for anything else with the sales volume it has?
Yeah removing cost from the equation, I’m very happy they are A) still making it and B) we’re getting it over here.

Side note : I’ve yet to see a mustang that’s without a paint or body fault from new, most have multiple on the same car …

WD :like:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Yeah removing cost from the equation, I’m very happy they are A) still making it and B) we’re getting it over here.

Side note : I’ve yet to see a mustang that’s without a paint or body fault from new, most have multiple on the same car …

It depends what you are looking for. I don't think there is a car made without small imperfections.

Mine is a daily and has done nearly 5 years and 25k miles (lower than expected because of COVID) with nothing more than very reasonably priced routine servicing. It gets washed once a week or so with Turtle Wax shampoo, has never been polished and still looks fabulous. It gets covered in road grime all the time.

I have friends with far more 'exotic' cars that have spent half their lives off the road and cost a fortune to keep running. Each to their own, but I get to drive a V8 every day.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
It depends what you are looking for. I don't think there is a car made without small imperfections.
I wouldn’t disagree, but my yardstick for this conversation was the 10k (ish lol) Kia :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Really? List for my GT in 2019 was £49k. Add on 5 years of inflation and a DH at £65k looks pretty good value! I suspect a standard GT will be late £50s k.

A BMW M2 which is similar size, weight and power is £62k before any very expensive options. Even adjustable lumbar support is extra on a BMW!

£65k in this climate is actually pretty good imo, electric Corsas are late 30s, there’s no doubt it’ll be a lot of car for the money, how much is a Tremec box alone!
Still too rich for the likes of me though.

M2……..my god it’s hideous, the S650
Is a supermodel in comparison

Last edited:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So don't buy it then.

There were significant changes along the way that contributed to that increase (especially from 2016 to 2019).
For £36k I accepted the poor build quality, it's what a muscle car is, I however can't accept those same issues on a £65k car.

I made up my mind when I saw the Mach 1 was over £50k that I wasn't going to get another, I'm keeping the GT and getting a Nissan GTR as a second car.

The US price for a premium DH is £52k, shipping is like another £1-2k, that means the government is making over £10k in taxes on each car. No wonder we're getting screwed and Ford aren't making any money :shock:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
For £36k I accepted the poor build quality, it's what a muscle car is, I however can't accept those same issues on a £65k car.

I made up my mind when I saw the Mach 1 was over £50k that I wasn't going to get another, I'm keeping the GT and getting a Nissan GTR as a second car.

The US price for a premium DH is £52k, shipping is like another £1-2k, that means the government is making over £10k in taxes on each car. No wonder we're getting screwed and Ford aren't making any money :shock:
It is very difficult to equate US prices and UK prices. Firstly the spec will be different (with the S550 we had a sort of hybrid spec compared to anything in the US), RHD / European cars have different parts in lower volumes especially in the UK. Exchange rate fluctuations, transport costs (as you mention) and different taxation rates. VAT alone on a £65k car is £11k, then there is year one VED (£2.5k) compared to US sales taxes of maybe 8%.

But as has been pointed out £40k gets very little car these days from any brand, and certainly not a V8 powered one.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
£65k in this climate is actually pretty good imo, electric Corsas are late 40s, there’s no doubt it’ll be a lot of car for the money, how much is a Tremec box alone!
Still too rich for the likes of me though.

M2……..my god it’s hideous, the S650
Is a supermodel in comparison
It always makes me laugh with some of the lazy journalism that always says the Mustang is a 'big heavy car not suited to UK roads', then wax lyrically about the M2 which is the same size and weight.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It is very difficult to equate US prices and UK prices. Firstly the spec will be different (with the S550 we had a sort of hybrid spec compared to anything in the US), RHD / European cars have different parts in lower volumes especially in the UK. Exchange rate fluctuations, transport costs (as you mention) and different taxation rates. VAT alone on a £65k car is £11k, then there is year one VED (£2.5k) compared to US sales taxes of maybe 8%.

But as has been pointed out £40k gets very little car these days from any brand, and certainly not a V8 powered one.
I suspect we also don't have the best trade deals with the US that we have have with the EU and it doesn't help the Mustang isn't built in the UK or EU either.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It always makes me laugh with some of the lazy journalism that always says the Mustang is a 'big heavy car not suited to UK roads', then wax lyrically about the M2 which is the same size and weight.
The average EV is 30% heavier than a petrol car.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I suspect we also don't have the best trade deals with the US that we have have with the EU and it doesn't help the Mustang isn't built in the UK or EU either.
UK and EU both charge a 10% tariff on imports from the US so no difference. Obviously nothing for EU built cars to the UK

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
of course if they did a better job of designing the cars in the first place they wouldn't have to change them every three or four years, Longer production runs = cheaper (or smaller increase in) prices. Certainly save a fortune in moulds / stock inventory. But i know nothing so my 2p isn't even worth that :giggle:
Sponsored