First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
yep, us prefacelift GT owners just hoover up some cooling parts, slap on an ESS centri (other models available) and enjoy the smooth rush of power to 600+ and still have change left over the for inevitable fuel bills :giggle: :sunglasses: Assuming of course we get our cars fixed... grrrrr

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Evo mag are saying launch is early ‘24 for us, also interesting reading about the power output of the dark horse for Uk homologation………449 bhp 😱 Hopefully that’s wrong or current mach1 owners will be extremely smug (more) 😜

https://www.evo.co.uk/ford/mustang/206043/ford-mustang-dark-horse-2024-review#:~:text=Ford's%20new%2Dgeneration%20Mustang%20reaches,driver%2Dfocused%20Dark%20Horse%20model&text=%E2%80%8BTime%20for%20a%20new,the%20UK%20early%20in%202024.
Probably 450PS for the GT and 460PS for the DH in the UK. There is absolutely no way that anybody will be able to tell the difference between that and even the Mach1. Just think where that extra 10PS is made and how little difference there will actually be at say 3000rpm or 4000rpm. Torque is what matters anyway!

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Probably 450PS for the GT and 460PS for the DH in the UK. There is absolutely no way that anybody will be able to tell the difference between that and even the Mach1. Just think where that extra 10PS is made and how little difference there will actually be at say 3000rpm or 4000rpm. Torque is what matters anyway!
I know we always get shafted on output but I expected the DH to be 480/485. It’s slightly heavier than a Mach1 so if it’s 460ps it’ll be a bit of a let down imo, I do think the current Mach1 is the sweet spot for me, eruption green manual please!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I know we always get shafted on output but I expected the DH to be 480/485. It’s slightly heavier than a Mach1 so if it’s 460ps it’ll be a bit of a let down imo, I do think the current Mach1 is the sweet spot for me, eruption green manual please!
There could easily be a 5% variation between crate engines anyway - that is 20PS natural variation - it really is just pub figures. There are plenty of car makers that have given power figure increases that in reality are just within the natural variation of outputs, plus what standard is being used for the US figures and what is being used for the EU figures? In the UK / Europe Ford use PS-DIN. In the US they use SAE, there is about a 2% difference there alone.

Then translate that difference / variation as a percentage at peak power down to lower revs and it really will be the square root of not very much, and different from car to car!

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad that the UK will also get a quieter exhaust

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
There could easily be a 5% variation between crate engines anyway - that is 20PS natural variation - it really is just pub figures. There are plenty of car makers that have given power figure increases that in reality are just within the natural variation of outputs, plus what standard is being used for the US figures and what is being used for the EU figures? In the UK / Europe Ford use PS-DIN. In the US they use SAE, there is about a 2% difference there alone.

Then translate that difference / variation as a percentage at peak power down to lower revs and it really will be the square root of not very much, and different from car to car!

Oh it’s not about exact numbers as such, but that definitely does help to sell cars, it’s more one car relative to another, I had thought they’d want to trump the Mach with the DH by a decent margin and make a statement with their new range topper, even if it was just numbers for the press.
I get the feeling Evo have got it wrong and that figure is for the GT.
Either way, I’m not an S650 customer, I’m not sold on the looks or the interior.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing that Ford saw the other manufacturers abandon muscle cars and limited how much R&D money they put in to the S650. From all the reviews I've read so far, the only major improvement is the S650 A10 shifts much quicker than the S550's.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
It’s slightly heavier than a Mach1 so if it’s 460ps it’ll be a bit of a let down imo
Unfortunately this seems to be a common theme both with dyno numbers and performance - even in its home country … :frown:

I’m glad there’s a new stang and we’re getting the dork horse, but I’m also a little sad it’s not really living up to it’s anticipated potential :frown:

WD :like:

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately this seems to be a common theme both with dyno numbers and performance - even in its home country … :frown:

I’m glad there’s a new stang and we’re getting the dork horse, but I’m also a little sad it’s not really living up to it’s anticipated potential :frown:

Can I still wear my Batman cape when I drive the Dark Horse 🐴?

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing that Ford saw the other manufacturers abandon muscle cars and limited how much R&D money they put in to the S650. From all the reviews I've read so far, the only major improvement is the S650 A10 shifts much quicker than the S550's.
I think the interior is pretty different too!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Oh it’s not about exact numbers as such, but that definitely does help to sell cars, it’s more one car relative to another, I had thought they’d want to trump the Mach with the DH by a decent margin and make a statement with their new range topper, even if it was just numbers for the press.
I get the feeling Evo have got it wrong and that figure is for the GT.
Either way, I’m not an S650 customer, I’m not sold on the looks or the interior.
I think they are glad they can keep the output where it is despite tighter emissions standards!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can I still wear my Batman cape when I drive the Dark Horse 🐴?
You can dress up in whatever you want, but I think those pictures are for a different forum … :crackup:

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase