UK S650 and Dark Horse launch

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
of course if they did a better job of designing the cars in the first place they wouldn't have to change them every three or four years, Longer production runs = cheaper (or smaller increase in) prices. Certainly save a fortune in moulds / stock inventory. But i know nothing so my 2p isn't even worth that :giggle:
Ehh?

3 or 4 years for a model refresh is normal / slightly long. The S550 had one refresh after 3 years and then ran for 6 years until the S650 came along.

Many changes are forced on car makers through legislation in different countries anyway.

Plus we have already established what it costs to produce and what it sells for are very different between countries. In France for example there is a new car tax on the Mustang of €50,000 - it doesn't matter how cheaply you make the car it will never sell with that added on.
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Ehh?

3 or 4 years for a model refresh is normal / slightly long. The S550 had one refresh after 3 years and then ran for 6 years until the S650 came along.

Many changes are forced on car makers through legislation in different countries anyway.

Plus we have already established what it costs to produce and what it sells for are very different between countries. In France for example there is a new car tax on the Mustang of €50,000 - it doesn't matter how cheaply you make the car it will never sell with that added on.
oh i know it's normal refresh time but my point is break the norm. Anyhow, i can't afford a Mach 1, s650 is waaaay out of my budget so mute point. I refer to my earlier post, add coolers and centri (decent headlights) to my pre face lift and still change left over. YMMV

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
oh i know it's normal refresh time but my point is break the norm. Anyhow, i can't afford a Mach 1, s650 is waaaay out of my budget so mute point. I refer to my earlier post, add coolers and centri (decent headlights) to my pre face lift and still change left over. YMMV
Breaking the norm is pointless - no car on sale will go without a refresh from time to time and the Mustang was longer than normal anyway. The model refresh is partly cosmetic and partly for legal requirements / changes. If you don't do that then you will have to make changes all the time which would get more expensive!

If you just keep making the same car over and over then firstly some markets will ban it's sale and consumers will just not buy the same thing again after 3 or 4 years so sales fall off a cliff.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Breaking the norm is pointless - no car on sale will go without a refresh from time to time and the Mustang was longer than normal anyway. The model refresh is partly cosmetic and partly for legal requirements / changes. If you don't do that then you will have to make changes all the time which would get more expensive!

If you just keep making the same car over and over then firstly some markets will ban it's sale and consumers will just not buy the same thing again after 3 or 4 years so sales fall off a cliff.
thats one opinion, legal requirements granted for sure they are necessary changes. I tend not to buy a new / different car every 3 or 4 years so i'm maybe biased / naive on changes for changes sake

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
thats one opinion, legal requirements granted for sure they are necessary changes. I tend not to buy a new / different car every 3 or 4 years so i'm maybe biased / naive on changes for changes sake
It would seem in the UK most people buy a new car on 3 year PCP so a refresh is essential to retain customers at the end of the term

Sponsored

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Ford performance 800 launch!!
IMG_5877.jpeg

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
It would seem in the UK most people buy a new car on 3 year PCP so a refresh is essential to retain customers at the end of the term
That’s exactly it, retail price these days means nothing, all about the monthlies!
I’m old school though, no finance, what I buy is mine as I’ve worked my arse off for it.

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I’m warming to it lololol

Whipple kit badged FP800S
IMG_5878.jpeg

IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5880.jpeg

IMG_5881.jpeg

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Loving those seats :sunglasses:

The wheels look ‘chunky’ (heavy ?)

WD :like:

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Loving those seats :sunglasses:

The wheels look ‘chunky’ (heavy ?)

WD :like:
The wheels look like they are cast iron, 45 lbs each of rotating mass

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Ford performance 800 launch!!
IMG_5877.jpeg
" Ford said the kit is tested to its own OEM durability standards and will be offered with a three-year, 36,000-mile warranty when installed at a dealer or ASE-certified shop" Yes, sure, if you live in America. I'd love somebody to give me that warranty on 800hp in the UK.

OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
" Ford said the kit is tested to its own OEM durability standards and will be offered with a three-year, 36,000-mile warranty when installed at a dealer or ASE-certified shop" Yes, sure, if you live in America. I'd love somebody to give me that warranty on 800hp in the UK.
If it makes the UK it won’t be 800, the S550 had a Ford supplied whipple that made 650bhp with warranty, that’s probably plenty :)
Sponsored