Track Tool Kit

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
My list, this is the "big" kit for 2-3 day track event (can't bring everything so it's s compromise)
1)) Mini-low profile floor jack
2) Plywood for floor jack (most tracks don't want you to use jack stand or jacks without a plywood piece underneath to protect the asphalt).
3) Good quality tire pressure gauge (Most tracks have air so I don't bring compressor or tank)
4) 13mm socket and pin driver to replace brake pads (retract pistons with hands)
5) spare set of brake pads, front only, never had to change rears at track
6)Tire grease pen to mark sidewalls if not sure about alignment or side-wall issues (rare for me to use now)
7) Sunscreen and lip balm
8) I don't bring brake fluid or oil, have never needed in 15+ years, your car might need though
9) Large (one or two) 3mil 55 gallon garbage bags to put stuff in if it rains
10) Torque wrench and lug-nut socket
11) Window cleaner, paper towels, surgical gloves
12) Spare credit card in case gas pump doesn't like your primary card

That's the most all of the list, obviously need helmet, gloves, neck restraint, head sock and knee pads (I have stock seats so I wear pad on left knee, placed sideways).

What's stopped me from a track event before;
1) Fuel pump failure, well who carries that as spare?
2) Flat tire prior to next run group, TPMS saved me as I didn't look at tires before that round. went to tire shop for fix and back in business.
3) Rain? Never, more track time even in slick conditions always good training.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
knee pads (I have stock seats so I wear pad on left knee, placed sideways).
That's genius would have never come to mind thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
MrMike

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
My list, this is the "big" kit for 2-3 day track event (can't bring everything so it's s compromise)
1)) Mini-low profile floor jack
2) Plywood for floor jack (most tracks don't want you to use jack stand or jacks without a plywood piece underneath to protect the asphalt).
3) Good quality tire pressure gauge (Most tracks have air so I don't bring compressor or tank)
4) 13mm socket and pin driver to replace brake pads (retract pistons with hands)
5) spare set of brake pads, front only, never had to change rears at track
6)Tire grease pen to mark sidewalls if not sure about alignment or side-wall issues (rare for me to use now)
7) Sunscreen and lip balm
8) I don't bring brake fluid or oil, have never needed in 15+ years, your car might need though
9) Large (one or two) 3mil 55 gallon garbage back to put stuff in if it rains
10) Torque wrench and lug-nut socket
11) Window cleaner, paper towels, surgical gloves
12) Spare credit card in case gas pump doesn't like your primary card

That's the most all of the list, obviously need helmet, gloves, neck restraint and knee pads (I have stock seats so I wear pad on left knee, placed sideways).

What's stopped me from a track event before;
1) Fuel pump failure, well who carries that as spare?
2) Flat tire prior to next run group, TPMS saved me as I didn't look at tires before that round. went to tire shop for fix and back in business.
3) Rain? Never, more track time even in slick conditions always good training.
This is a good list, thanks.

I won't be bringing extra brake pads this trip because everything will be brand new (including me!), but in the future I will.

I always carry #3, #9, and #12!

After a uh, incident a very long time ago, I began carrying a pair of disposable gloves and a trash bag in every vehicle.

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
I bring a 24ft trailer, canopy, compressor, plenty of tires and tools and jacks and stands and my two cars, one of them goes in a tractor trailer rig with other race cars and a group that crews for other folks. I bring at least one friend for crew and I abscond with any and all other friends at tracks and I'm not bashful about it. I am also one helluva good host with cases of beer and the grille, snacks and fruit and cold bottled water is always available.

Of course it took me 35 to 40 years to get acclimated. It's all about having fun if you can do it.

IMG_4468.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I bring a 24ft trailer, canopy, compressor, plenty of tires and tools and jacks and stands and my two cars, one of them goes in a tractor trailer rig with other race cars and a group that crews for other folks. I bring at least one friend for crew and I abscond with any and all other friends at tracks and I'm not bashful about it. I am also one helluva good host with cases of beer and the grille, snacks and fruit and cold bottled water is always available.

Of course it took me 35 to 40 years to get acclimated. It's all about having fun if you can do it.

IMG_4468.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg
Man that is sweet! Is the Shelby yours too?

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
Yes sms2022..... bought it in 1973 from 2nd owner (I knew previous owners have full history...stored it from 1975-2005... then restored it to my specifications and track it all over as far west as Road America and south to Sebring and points like Indy, PittRace, Pocono, Atlanta, VIR, Watkins Glen and locally at Lime Rock and Thompson). It's tricked out and in the Shelby Registry. Mostly go to SAAC National Conventions and with SVRA.

My 2020 is generally HPDE and Time Trials and I maintain my full competition license with SCCA even if I am getting old!
Sponsored