Sponsored

Totaled - RIP My Love

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Been getting to 45 degrees here and traction has been good still.

Rain in the 50s also handles real good. This car does great in the rain....handles huge puddles like a boss.
Sponsored

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
This isn't a problem with the tires. Its 100% driver error. Tires don't just "lose grip" is 66 degree weather unless you are going to fast.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Damage makes sense qp and roof dmge are likely about 8 to 10k. Front end easily 8 to 12 k in dmgs.

Hey we all do stupid shit from time to time, don't blame the car cause u got careless. Own your mistake and u will get more respect for that.

Sponsored

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
66 degrees in the midwest is totally different from 66 degrees in someplace like Florida.

Totally different.

:shrug:
I will have to test my tires out when it ever gets to 66 in my part of FL.

Keeps getting warmer and warmer every fall and winter here. Not seen a morning below 74 yet.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Not to pile on, but it's not the car or it's tires.

It's your fault, 100%. Own it.

OP
OP
Lowrider

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
Tires spin, rear end slides left, driver counter steers and closes throttle, rear tires gain traction, front tires pointed left......car shoots left........happens all the time.....see Youtube.
Sorry about your car, glad you weren't hurt.
You nailed it...I had traction on and in normal mode....For those asking about the damage costs, 12k in parts and 9k in labor...

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Ouch man, tough lesson to learn. We've all spun out at one time or another pushing our cars and the rear kicking out. Some recover and some don't. Just feel lucky you are ok and didn't involve anyone else. Don't be afraid to buy another Mustang.

Mid 60s here in STL yesterday and got in it and blew the tires off in the first 2 gears which doesn't normally happen but I was prepared for it driving the way I was and managed to keep it straight when the rear got a little squirrely.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lowrider

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
Tires don't loose traction, drivers do. Having said that, most of people will come up with similar excuse in this situation....

Limping home with a blown radiator didn't do any good to the engine (what kind of an idea is that ????) so I would be glad it's totaled.
FYI these new motors have a safe mode...or limp mode..the motor will shut itself automatically before blowing up..

OP
OP
Lowrider

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
Let him go back to AWD scoobi's, we need less people pushing the stereotype right now thats making us a "meme car".
You sound so butt hurt, why?...Did an STi ever humiliate you and embarass you at one point in your life...I just shared an experience of what happened and you still want question how a hole got punched in the roof...like you can't see the damage path connection on the car.

Just don't post if you don't have any constructive words.

OP
OP
Lowrider

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
Damn. Can you give us a break down on what costs so much too fix?
Its a long list...but if you go fordoemparts.com...you can see the cost of most parts...put them in a cart and see the totals...both my headlights were going to get replaced yet they did not even crack....and each costs $1,300, add hood, roof, quarter panel, bumper,grill, radiator, radiator support, windshield..fans..etc.

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
A shame of a situation, but your profile does say, "Drive Fast...Live Slow." It's not the tires. I have been driving on the Pirellis for over 5 years in Michigan winters with no issues. Michigan winters mean outside temps that are sub-10 degrees.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, sorry for your loss low rider. I think some of these guys are being a little ruff on you. I'll agree with them that it was driver error but I will agree with you that these p-zero summer tires suck ass starting at temps below 70 deg, especially if there not wormed up. I've had 4 rwd sport cars and consider my self a decent driver. With that said I nearly lost it on dry pavement, in the forties, on a cloudy day not even driving it hard. Luckily I was able to keep it stright by letting off but it scared the shit out of me because it caught me totaly off gaurd. After that I babied the car into the thirties and parked it once it got below freezing. I got dws 06 on now for this fall/winter/spring and already can tell a huge difference. I'll also agree with one member that said don't give up on another stang and also with the one who suggested playing around in a wet parking lot. Over the years I've done alot of horseplay in parking lots and I would credit that for the reason why I wad able to save it last year. Good luck with your next ride.:thumbsup:
Sponsored