Sponsored

Thinking of trading in...maybe camaro, challenger or wait for 2018 GT?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Have you driven a 350 yet ? Coming from a 14 GT500 it's a shocker. The seat of the pants feel you will miss.
I was even modded to 760Hp. i know it will be one heck of a lack of power, im not even sure ill go thru with the 350 to tell you the truth, im out looking for a used GT. As you know, its not all about power, its about total driving experience...feel and of course looks. Having tons of HP on tap is OK, but its just a small piece of the pie.
Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
If they would put the 5.8 in the current Shelby I'd buy one today. I barely ever hit 8250 on the streets and I'm outside of Atlanta in the burbs. It's just not practical for me. There's a few on ramps but that's it. Give me low end torque with 315's on the rears with a 7000 red line in a 5.8 size engine and call it a day.
I guess that's the next GT500.

Last edited:

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
You have a limited edition car now, I would wait until there is another limited edition car you like, or, something at Barrett Jackson that tickles your fancy.

Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Ever consider buying or leasing a really cheap automatic sedan for those times you just want to 'jump in and go'?

I am seriously considering this myself. I have always had manual cars, and always a Mustang or Camaro since I was 16. I am just like you now though, and sometimes I just dont wanna dick with the manual and want to just jump in and go.

Right now I drive a '15 Camry LE(temporary financial rough patch), while it is boring as hell it rides VERY smooth and its only $180/month. That and a '18 manual Mustang for fun, in the garage sound like a really nice combo and the best of both worlds. I am going to hold out and see what the '18 Mustang has to offer, but there is something about a automatic muscle car just makes me feel like too much fun is missing so I just don't know if I could ever do that. Understand you may have health reasons, but hopefully that works itself out and you can continue to row through some gears for many years.:cheers:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I attended the ford North American tour. They wanted us to stay in 3rd gear on the whole track. There was no shifting at all. I did downshift to second and was quickly told not to. My point is there are a lot of tracks where you will only use 3rd. The Shelby is geared and the wide power band make this possible. I've driven the Cadillac @ road Atlanta and it was an auto and it shifted according to the corner. I had much faster times concentrating only on braking and hitting my spots. If you haven't driven the new 8 speed from GM then you have no idea about its capabilities. Watching the in car camera of the Corvette in IMSA and all you hear on down shifts is is bam bam bam one after another. There is no third pedal .

OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
i appreciate all the feedback so far. still debating on what to do. i did look around this weekend. drove an SS camaro, it was ok, but i was surprised at the challenger scat pack. seemed really quick. it was loaded with i think all options.anyone have opinions on that?

just thoughts for now, payment would drop a lot with my equity, but thats not the issue at all. do they hold up at all, or will the gt350 be much better?

not an easy thing to decide at all

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If you can afford a GT350, you can afford an M3... and that's what I'd get.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Get what you want. New Camaro nope ( looks, will it hold value since very few want them? Challenger I like but new one coming out 2018? New GT 2018, yes maybe we will see what Ford does. Wait and hold if it was me.

Sponsored

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I think the best looking of the modern muscle cars is the Challenger, almost bought one of the orange SRT8's when they first came out. I like that Fiat has made the interior nicer, and that the 5 speed auto has been replaced. If they come out with a new 392 edition, or some other special edition, I think that would be a good choice. I probably would not sell a limited edition GT 350 for a run of the mill Challenger. A Corvette would be cool, I love the new ones, but only if you have plenty of gold chains to wear....

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
i appreciate all the feedback so far. still debating on what to do. i did look around this weekend. drove an SS camaro, it was ok, but i was surprised at the challenger scat pack. seemed really quick. it was loaded with i think all options.anyone have opinions on that?

just thoughts for now, payment would drop a lot with my equity, but thats not the issue at all. do they hold up at all, or will the gt350 be much better?

not an easy thing to decide at all
Are you talking about physical reliability or value? The scat pack is a great bang for the buck cruiser, but it along with the camaro are going to drop like rocks in value compared to the GT350

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm no fan of the Camaro or the Challenger. Same with anything Hennessey.

That said, a naturally aspirated car doing 200+mph always catches my eye. Tell me this doesn't sound absolutely evil...

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
If you can afford a GT350, you can afford an M3... and that's what I'd get.
Might be able to afford to buy an M3, but might not be able to afford to repair it :doh:
Sponsored