Sponsored

Steeda/FedEx Shipping…can’t be just me?!?!

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I once had them make 3 separate deliveries for a set of tires from tire rack. It was amazing. Signature required on each one of course.

I also had them leave a $3.5k package at the door, and they just forged my signature. This was well after COVID. Garbage tier shipper! I'd rather deal with DHL.
Sponsored

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
It's 50/50 with Fedex and their missed delivery antics. Especially ground because I think many places outsource their ground deliveries to 3rd parties.

Fedex used to be awesome. It's gone to complete shit. We're stuck with them when shippers offers free shipping, but I'd never voluntarily choose them as a shipment option. Especially ground.
ALL FedEx Ground drivers are employees of contractors that own the routes. FedEx bids the routes to independent business people, who in turn hire their own employees to hump the packages. Its a profitable business plan for FedEx, but there is an obvious level of disconnect when it comes to customer service.

Express is the original Federal Express, but we all know that Corporate business in America is fueled by profits. Gone are the days of "whatever it takes". We ain't what we used to be ... I live out this sad reality day after day, 40 years and counting.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Will not make another purchase from Steeda that’s gonna come FedEx.
The time of the order is the time to say this.

I also agree every Fed-x shipment I got from steeda was at least one day later than promised.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It always went like this.
Tracking shows delivery day, tracking shows item at local Fed-x warehouse the day before scheduled delivery. I wait all day because I know it needs a sig. Around 5 PM item shows delayed.🤬

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Always have the same problem with FedEx. I try and avoid them at all costs.
Have much better experience with the Post Office. Frequently cheaper and they can find addresses with no problem.
I dunno man, USPS is arguably the worst of the bunch. My batting order is UPS, Fedex, then USPS. USPS tracking system is horridly managed. It'll give you the label status, then the shit takes forever at their processing facility and it always seems like the tracking is lagging behind the actual physical reality of where the package is at the moment. That and they're the most sensitive to disruptions (the USPS union basically takes advantage of ANY excuse to shut down or delay things. Oh, bad weather in Orlando? Sorry, everything everywhere on the Eastern seaboard is delayed a couple of days).

If I need something and I need any sorta predictability when it will arrive and I'm relying on using it in short order, I'd choose UPS. They're not perfect and all of them are markedly worse than they once were, but UPS tends to be the debutante with the smallest mustache.

My only complaint with UPS is that I must live on the ass end of one of their routes. I nearly ALWAYS get my packages at the end of the day. The damned thing could be on the truck for delivery at 6:00 a.m. and say "by 7:00 p.m." and I'll get it at 6:59 p.m. nearly every time. It's just my address where I live is on the back end of their routing somehow. Always adds basically a full extra day for me, but at least it arrives.

I will say this, if you want something to not be beaten to shit and back, send it USPS. It might not get there as fast as you'd like, but I rarely get beat up packages from USPS. Unfortunately they don't do large/ground/freight type deliveries.

With UPS and Fedex, the packages are so bad, it looks like they intentionally went out of their way to abuse them.

When my ARH exhaust arrived, it had a hole the size of a basketball in one of the boxes, so large that I was worried whether any small components might have fallen out. It's SEVERAL times that I've had to stress between rejecting a package for damage or accepting it, with the driver standing there with his module waiting for me to sign.

I think Fedex and UPS have simply decided it costs them more to actually handle the packages with care than to simply abuse the F out of everything and deal with the minority of claims.

My batting order is generally UPS, Fedex then USPS if I'm paying for it. I'll actually pay extra for UPS.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
@tj@steeda I’m out. Will not make another purchase from Steeda that’s gonna come FedEx.
You have the option to select other carriers at checkout - we have used several of the service providers mentioned in this thread, and based on internal feedback, business support, tracking support, one has better performance than the others and FedEx is our current provider as a result.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You have the option to select other carriers at checkout - we have used several of the service providers mentioned in this thread, and based on internal feedback, business support, tracking support, one has better performance than the others and FedEx is our current provider as a result.
I don’t recall seeing that option, but will look for it from now on.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I usually tick the higher optioned shipping cost, like 5 bucks more, with FedEx, on time, every time.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I agree with others that shipping service quality seems to be regional.
I prefer FedEx because I have had more positive experiences with them than UPS. Others have the opposite experience.

USPS Ground Advantage has affordable rates now. I use the self-serve kiosk at my nearby PO.

This happened yesterday near Indy. So many I-70 semi wrecks in my area over the years. Usually at night. Can't help but wonder if the drivers are dozing off.
What I want to know is, when the news reports a semi crash on the interstate, why is it always a FedEx truck?!

semi-truck.jpg

Sponsored

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
Part of my job is running the shipping and receiving department at work. I use FedEx, UPS and DHL. We ship try not to ship anything USPS, FedEx Ground or DHL. The ONLY reason I would ever use DHL is if FedEx and UPS don't go there. If it was up to me, we wouldn't use FedEx either as we constantly have problems with them(FedEx Express) not picking up packages or overnight packages spending 2-3 days in Memphis. In my opinion UPS is by FAR the best, but, not without their own issues.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I once did an Amsoil order from home. Just sitting at the computer downstars at the desk. I got everything in the shopping cart and was about to hit submit when the doorbell rang. Ran upstairs to get the door and it was the UPS guy with my Amsoil order! True story! LOL ;)

But seriously, Amsoil and UPS have insane ridiculous shipping speeds. Don't know how they do it.
Sponsored