Sponsored

Steeda/FedEx Shipping…can’t be just me?!?!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an order with Steeda on 7/4 and it still says awaiting shipping. Obviously I didn’t expect them to ship it on the holiday but I am surprised it didn’t ship Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. The parts were all showing as in stock. I can’t blame FedEx if Steeda hasn’t gotten the parts boxed and ready for them to pick up. They better ship tomorrow of Tuesday. I need them in hand by next weekend.
Please send me your order number & will get this reviewed.

Thank you,

You can send to [email protected]

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
What pisses me off about Fed-x

I will get a delivery date. I'll watch the item cross the country. The night before delivery it will show at the local hub, scheduled for delivery next day. Next day it will show it is still at the hub, sometime around 5 PM it will show as scheduled for the NEXT day. This happens everytime.

I live about 5 miles from this terminal so I end up going there and picking it up. That is a 2 hour nightmare also, but if I need it I need it.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
fEDEX is always at least (!) one day behind schedule, you can mark that off the calendar right away. Most of the time they will throw an exception due to reason blah blah. It has become VERY VERY bad. Every time you place an order somewhere and it turns out FedEx will pickup the order, your face goes from happy to very sad.. :-( you know you won't have your item soon.. For me a week late is standard. And I live in the city!

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Please send me your order number & will get this reviewed.

Thank you,

You can send to [email protected]

Best Regards,

TJ
Got a tracking number today. Hopefully that also means it actually got picked up as well. I’ll check it tomorrow. Thanks.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We'll track the progress.

Thank you,

TJ

Sponsored

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
LOL…got a rando email from FedEx today to take a survey…whatcha think? Anyone want the link/email?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
No thanks, they always deliver my stuff, that's all I expect from them.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1, 86 SVO, 24 S5, 74 MGB GT
USPS not much better. Purchased something off e-bay from someone 15 miles from me. He insisted on shipping even after I said "I'll just pick it up". Went over 100 MILES to the west to a sorting facility!!

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I’ve had horrible experiences with FedEx when buying directly from steeda as well. It’s always signature required and they won’t knock or come when I’m gone, I call steeda and ask them to take the signature thing off and they say they can’t so I call fed ex and tell them to just deliver it and they won’t do that. They’ll come to the house 2-3 times before I call FedEx back and get shitty before they’ll actually deliver it. It’s horrible.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had horrible experiences with FedEx when buying directly from steeda as well. It’s always signature required and they won’t knock or come when I’m gone, I call steeda and ask them to take the signature thing off and they say they can’t so I call fed ex and tell them to just deliver it and they won’t do that. They’ll come to the house 2-3 times before I call FedEx back and get shitty before they’ll actually deliver it. It’s horrible.
On FedEx, you can register on their site ... they have several options for signature on their site, leaving the signature at your door ... as well as holding at one of their partners for pick-up.

Just a heads-up in case you order anything else from FedEx.

TJ

Sponsored

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
On FedEx, you can register on their site ... they have several options for signature on their site, leaving the signature at your door ... as well as holding at one of their partners for pick-up.

Just a heads-up in case you order anything else from FedEx.

TJ
Their site never allowed me to sign up, probably because all I have is mobile. I left my signature at the door multiple times. I don’t think they were making delivery attempts every time they said they were. One time I called headquarters and they told me the driver probably just missed the note in the door so I made a HUGE cardboard sign with my signature and the tracking, impossible to miss and they said they couldn’t deliver. This is not an issue when things are shipped to me fedex with out the signature confirmation.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
OK, just venting and checking on this one. I don’t necessarily blame Steeda, but it still gets annoying and I want to see if it’s only me.

Literally, and I do mean literally, EVERY order I do from Steeda goes FedEx and the shipment gets aggravated. I’m on four in a row now. I can predict exactly what’s going to happen.

I’ll get shipment/delivery confirmation for a given day. Later on that day, it’ll update to tomorrow. Then sometime late in the evening, it will update again to undetermined or unknown (or whatever term they use). From this point, it will be another ~5 days before another update and I finally get my box.

There is nothing worse than getting excited about a box of goodies about to show up and then this happens, and you wait an additional week.

I’ve approached Steeda to provide the feedback (vice just complaining just to complain), but it still gets old.

Do you guys get jacked up shipping from Steeda?
It isn't just Fed-x, It is USPS and UPS And Amazon.
Everyone is going to online shopping and the shipping channels can't handle the volume.
Fuel is not cheap so they may also "hold" shipments till they have enough to warrant the fuel and labor cost.
It is only going to get worse as brick and mortar retail go belly up.
Topping that is they not only need more help, they need more trucks in the fleets and The OTR drivers are not getting younger, and getting younger drivers is a hard sell when All we here is they will goto sell driving trucks in under a decade, no one is bothering to get CDL'S and the cost of all that because of this.
I don't even look at tracking anymore and when it gets here it gets here.
I only look at tracking if it is been 9 days plus.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
And Boom…I continue my perfect track record with Steeda and FedEx. A $2,200 order aggravated. Got the noticed today when it didn’t deliver as scheduled. And with every other FedEx delivery, now it’s anyone’s guess when I’ll get it. My process is always the same; I get tracking info, I get delivery notification (date), and then sometime that day I get the delayed notification. Now it’ll be a couple days to a couple weeks of unknown delivery with zero updates or tracking info. Thanks FedEx. Thanks Steeda. 🖕🏼

Last edited:

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
And Boom…I continue my perfect track record with Steeda and FedEx. A $2,200 order aggravated. Got the noticed today when it didn’t deliver as scheduled. And with every other FedEx delivery, now it’s anyone’s guess when I’ll get it. My process is always the same. I get tracking info, I get delivery notification (date), and then sometime that day I get the delayed notification. Now it’ll be a couple days to a couple weeks of unknown delivery with zero updates or tracking info. Thanks FedEx. Thanks steeda. 🖕🏼
It's 50/50 with Fedex and their missed delivery antics. Especially ground because I think many places outsource their ground deliveries to 3rd parties.

I've received two shipments of tires in the past year. First a set of tires and the shipper used Fedex Ground (I'd never willingly select them at this point). First notice I received says it's the 2nd attempt (which it wasn't) and that if I miss it the next day I'll have to go pick it up myself. The next day, delivery comes in a non-descript box truck (like a furniture truck). The guy opens the back roll up door and it looks like he'd rolled the truck several times after they loaded it. Shit was strewn everywhere. He literally CLIMBS on top of other people's boxes to get to my tires and then climbs back over them (4 times) to get my tires out of the back. I just shook my head (glad none of those are my packages).

Second delivery is just a pair of DR's. Guy shows up, I think, awesome. Hands me one tire. I'm like, where's the other? He says, oh, this is just one tire on the order. He says, tires this size they usually do individual order numbers on each one (and he was correct). So I'm like, how in the hell does a pair of tires that left the facility destined for my house get split up? Sure enough, they had to come BACK to my house the next day with the other one. How can they make money if they're that inefficient?

Fedex used to be awesome. It's gone to complete shit. We're stuck with them when shippers offers free shipping, but I'd never voluntarily choose them as a shipment option. Especially ground.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
And Boom…I continue my perfect track record with Steeda and FedEx. A $2,200 order aggravated. Got the noticed today when it didn’t deliver as scheduled. And with every other FedEx delivery, now it’s anyone’s guess when I’ll get it. My process is always the same; I get tracking info, I get delivery notification (date), and then sometime that day I get the delayed notification. Now it’ll be a couple days to a couple weeks of unknown delivery with zero updates or tracking info. Thanks FedEx. Thanks Steeda. 🖕🏼
Always have the same problem with FedEx. I try and avoid them at all costs.
Have much better experience with the Post Office. Frequently cheaper and they can find addresses with no problem.
Sponsored