Sponsored

Software update for R's only (suspension)

OP
OP
R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I just got the spacer out 1 hour ago..and I gotta tell you I'm in love with this car all over..before it was just looks and sounds...but now it is the ride...Night and Day difference.....OMG....Im in LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..The ride is not bad at all...its firm but not harsh..wow......Im so happy....every enjoy your R's
Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Have any of you brought this up with [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] ?
If I was a consumer of one of these I would be ballistic. If one popped out at the wrong time it could upset the chassis and cause an incident.

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
I just got the spacer out 1 hour ago..and I gotta tell you I'm in love with this car all over..before it was just looks and sounds...but now it is the ride...Night and Day difference.....OMG....Im in LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..The ride is not bad at all...its firm but not harsh..wow......Im so happy....every enjoy your R's
I can't read posts like this from you any more, Donson! You're killing me with your raw, infectious enthusiasm. Don't get me wrong - I like it, and like the others on here - I'm really glad you got your car. But, it just tears me up inside knowing that I have who-knows-how-many MONTHS to wait for my R. It's like dating that perfect girl, then making your move only to awake from a dream. It's just not real for me yet.

'You're killing me, Shmalls!'

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R
Here is what the rear spacers look like installed in the back for the R's, photo courtesy of "DrumReaper" rear wheels need to be drooping, or wheel removed for easy access. P.S. Mine are still in there...:frusty:
My white spacers are still installed. Taking back to dealer tomorrow to get them removed and the suspension re-calibrated. :frusty:

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
SSM 45507 - 2015 and 2016 GT350 R Spring And Shock Spacer Removal Required At Pre-Delivery Inspection
The 2015-2016 GT350 R has spacers in the front coil springs and rear shock absorbers that need to be removed at pre-delivery inspection. To remove the spacers,raise wheels off the ground and grasp the spacers and pull them out. The front spacers are yellow in color and are inserted into the springs, the rear spacers are white in color and are on the top of the shock absorbers. The spacers are required for transport and must be removed before delivery of the car to the customer.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2015 - 2016 CAR: ZG MUSTANG (S550)
2015 CAR: 00071 MUSTANG

TM5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 350R Black
I checked and have a spacer left in on the drivers side front - unbelievable. Ridiculous that so many having this issue - this is PDI 101!!

Sponsored

rlhmarines

1st Civ Div
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2013 ZL1
Not sure if you guys are aware of it but you need to keep these spacers in your glove box or somewhere in the car in case you need to have it towed or transported in the future. Also be advised that the life expectancy of the MRC shocks have shown to be around 45-60K miles or so and you need to check for oil film or leakage whenever the car is on a lift or being serviced.

Just some helpful tips and enjoy your rides.

3FIFTYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
I am SO HAPPY I found this thread. Thank you to everyone who sleuthed this problem out. When I drove my pop's GT350R for the first time, I was baffled at how harsh and bumpy the ride was. Thought for sure the tires were overinflated, but they were right on target. After driving it a couple more times I knew something still wasnt right. Lo and behold:

So, is this something any competent tech can fix? He bought it from a dealer pretty far away, and obviously we are in no rush to take it back there for the fix. Also, are people bringing this to Ford NA's attention? Seems like they are doing a bad job of letting their dealers know how these cars have to be prepped.

Anyway, thanks again to the OP and everyone else! I'm relieved to have found the source of this, even if it's annoying to have put 1000 miles on the car with the frickin' spacers still in...

treynor

Techie and Track Rat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
Good lord, I thought it was just my car. I was kvetching about the R ride quality compared to my non-R. My dealer contacted me in April because I had one of the first R cars delivered and they were concerned that the spacers were still installed. Sure enough! A floor jack and 5 minutes later all 4 spacers were out, and it rode like a completely transformed car.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Ford needs to add "REMOVE BEFORE DRIVING" ribbons to the spacers. Clearly the techs are not following the delivery instructions.

Has anyone suffered permanent damage from driving with the spacers? Some pictures seemed to show the innards of a rear shock bulging out of the top where it meets the spacer.
Sponsored