Sponsored

Software update for R's only (suspension)

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Well as you all know I have been bitching about the ride on my R...Well after complaining here at nausea, I was instructed to look and see if the dealer left the "yellow spring space" front and "white shock spacers" in the rear....Of course the dealer left them in there:paddle:.....however this is where it gets interesting. According to Ford Performance the car can not be PDI properly with the spacer in the car..So your car needs to go back for this to be done again. Also, there has been a PSB (I think it stands for... Public Service Bulletin) in regards the R's ride. (Poor ride i.e. bouncing, stiff rear suspension) The R's need to have the dealer check for an update software or something similar, in regards the following codes: #SSM45780 or #SSM45709 According to FP several people have been complaining about this !! (Most, not all, have said their car said Error/Malfunction in Suspension, like mine) If your dealer has any questions call FP at 800-367-3788......So if your R rides like a flat bed truck...go see the dealership at let them see this info...:thumbsup:

P.S. I wanted a yellow car not a LEMON....lol
Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
the only place I've ever thought the ride was harsh was when going over speed bumps really slowly. the rear end, in that case, is incredibly firm, even with the dampers set to their softest setting.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
The software is one of the things that makes me want to avoid the magnetic ride control for now. Sure it's great from the factory, but what about upgrades.

When you change parts the cars programming is going to need updated. One day there will probably be suspension tuners that know what they are doing, but right now no one but the OEMs can make changes.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
It is a TSB. Technical Service Bulletin.

Sponsored

OP
OP
R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
New update, I just left the FORD dealer, and in the TSB it said that car has to be in the air, with the Spacer removed first and programmed while the wheels are hanging down..something to do with full travel..Not sure all the details yet.....but tomorrow at 7am I'm have the car done right, and corrected. I will know the details tomorrow and post them...I can not wait to see what it rides like with a working suspension....I do not mind firm..in fact I love it, but bouncy ...if felt unsafe at speeds.....

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
Does this just apply to the R? Or all GT350's with MagneRide Suspension???

Makes you wonder how many dealers did this correctly???

Sponsored

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Again... Donson for world leader!!! Because of him I am taking my car in tomorrow morning to get my car properly delivered. I'm just glad nothing has happened as I've taken my most important people for a ride. Pretty much unacceptable from my dealer.... But I didn't expect anything more. Lucky me. Lucky ford. Hopefully this is all behind tomorrow.

I'm begging all other current and expecting R owners to be aware of this info! Thanks

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Got mine removed today (front and back) and its light years better obviously now the shocks can do their job.:clap2:

ViolentDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Silverado - '15 Ecoboost
Its a SSM

0k0fcyW.jpg
Sponsored