Sponsored

So what's everyone's opinion on the CD GT350 fascia clone?

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
to me personally it was like an uncomfortable weird feeling when I saw it. It's missing the width of the actual gt350 has and it just feels all kinds of wrong but that's me.
Its not only the width but the lower hood line too (lower on a real 350) that makes the real deal seem lower and more aggressive.

The replica just doesn't look right.

The Roush is a lot nicer looking front end on a basic Mustang.
Sponsored

Rbaeza9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
Its not only the width but the lower hood line too (lower on a real 350) that makes the real deal seem lower and more aggressive.

The replica just doesn't look right.

The Roush is a lot nicer looking front end on a basic Mustang.
The Roush front has nothing on my gt350 front EVERY where I go I get compliments for it.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Oh yeah?

I'll eat your clone rawrrrr! Lol jk

mike13241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikalala
Vehicle(s)
BadPony
The Roush front has nothing on my gt350 front EVERY where I go I get compliments for it.
Agree! If I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd want my front end to look like a GT350 instead of Roush. The GT350 front end is just way better looking than the Roush fascia.

Pictures of Roush vs Ikon Motorsports GT350 Fascia

Sponsored

mike13241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikalala
Vehicle(s)
BadPony
I have no issue making my car look like a clone, I mean if you like the look of it that's what it is for.

Here's a pricing break down for all the GT350 front fascia (I'll keep the Roush out since this thread is about GT350):

Anderson Composite: $699 unpainted only
http://andersoncomposites.com/products/gt-350-style-mustang-fiberglass-front-bumper-with-front-lip
Carbon Dynamic: $720 unpainted, $1070 Painted
http://www.carbondynamics.net/#!product-page/iky07/69f5aeb4-667e-ae34-2e8a-eb39b54ba8f0
http://andersoncomposites.com/products/gt-350-style-mustang-fiberglass-front-bumper-with-front-lip Ikon Motorsports: $999 unpainted, $1399.99 painted.
https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/15-...bumper-cover-conversion-pp-polypropylene.html

I called Ikon Motorsports and spoke with the sales there found out that they are doing a special on the next 5 bumper order ($999 unpainted version) and they'll include free paint job to match factory color. He said its a exclusive promotion they have for the product launch on ebay and it will only apply to the first 5 orders. I'm pretty temped to go for this one since only the first 5 gets free paint. Plus it would be nice to have it arrived painted so I don't have go through all the hassle and just bolt it on. Here's the link to the promoted listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-Ford-...ash=item41a848403c:g:A2wAAOSwRH5XJ-dl&vxp=mtr

Their sales was also explaining to me the material difference. I believeAnderson Composite is using fiber glass material for there bumper while the Ikon Motorsports (maybe Carbon Dynamics) is using TPU material. As far as I know TPU is much more temperature resistant and flexible than fiber glass. In fact the flexibility will be a issue for bumpers. Because if you tap your fiber glass bumper to a wall the paint is most likely going to crack from the inside. At least I won't go for the fiber glass one.

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
I got to say, those 350 replica bumpers look a little off. Haven't liked any I've seen in person or pictures so far... the roush looks much better! The clones look a little "forced in" if you know what I mean...

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
What i don't get it is why Roush or Steeda is not making the bottom splitter as a Reverse instead of this inner angle or straight down section? Current Ford cars ( Fusion, Focus, and Fiesta) they all have a reverse design bottom splitter just like the gt350 design, however Ford doesn't want to give that away to the regular mustang. I understand that it will look more like a gt350 but its about damn time.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
The replicas look nothing like a real gt350 y'all. Hate to break it to ya. I've seen the clone and the real thing 10ft apart. The real thing having the width and lower hood makes alllll the difference.

Really have to look at the clones as taking their styling but not at all making it look like a gt350.

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I vote for khyber for mustang president!! Always has the best taste with that orange comp Roush front facia ftw #clonevsroush

Sponsored

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
The replicas look nothing like a real gt350 y'all. Hate to break it to ya. I've seen the clone and the real thing 10ft apart. The real thing having the width and lower hood makes alllll the difference.

Really have to look at the clones as taking their styling but not at all making it look like a gt350.
Just curious how much of a difference in width is there between the gt350 and a replica ?

Jak112460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

I kind of just read posts here but once in a while something bugs me and I might respond. Number one the replica facia do look like the GT 350 but not identical as there is no way they could be considering they aren't as wide. The Roush front facia looks great and I'm on the fence about it myself because it is so flat across the front and so many people are adding them. I like the Steeda facia. I just don't understand the big deal about the GT 350 homage front facia.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I'm yet to see one of the GT350 clone fascias in person.

I was hoping to see one at the Fabulous Ford show in Orange County last month, but Anderson Composites didn't bring any samples or demo cars with it fitted. I asked about availability and Anderson said there is a 8-10 week wait due to the fascia being so popular.

I was told 2 cars at the show had the fascia installed, but amongst the 1100 Mustangs that showed up I didn't spot them.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I kind of just read posts here but once in a while something bugs me and I might respond. Number one the replica facia do look like the GT 350 but not identical as there is no way they could be considering they aren't as wide. The Roush front facia looks great and I'm on the fence about it myself because it is so flat across the front and so many people are adding them.
we'll just have to agree to disagree on gt350 clone looking or not looking like a gt350. there are just too many dimensional and little differences on top of splitter and fang differences. none of these are a real true clone is my point.

the roush not really flat at all. it's comes to a point at the very front and squares up but it's still round. but it's longer than oem and stands our further by about inch and half on the nose.

here ya go. it's still round just not a dramatic round. like i said yeah it does square up.

Jak112460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
we'll just have to agree to disagree on gt350 clone looking or not looking like a gt350. there are just too many dimensional and little differences on top of splitter and fang differences. none of these are a real true clone is my point.

the roush not really flat at all. it's comes to a point at the very front and squares up but it's still round. but it's longer than oem and stands our further by about inch and half on the nose.

here ya go. it's still round just not a dramatic round. like i said yeah it does square up.

You like to argue a little it seems. Logic dictates that an homage piece will look like the thing it's paying homage to. In this case the replica GT 350 facia looks like the GT 350 it's paying homage to. Nobody said it's identical in every single solid way. It simply looks very much like the GT 350 facia. I posted a picture of the Roush facia and it is fairly flat with a splitter sticking out at the bottom. I really like the Roush facia and I'm going to buy the rear spoiler as well. You seem to take this replica stuff a little personal. I'm out for now. Soon my car will be done and I will post pictures.
image.jpeg
Sponsored