Sponsored

So what's everyone's opinion on the CD GT350 fascia clone?

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I own the damn thing lol, it's not flat... But whatever helps you sleep at night
Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
It's flat!!! Look where the fog lights are. Flaaaaaat!
Lol, I agree with you. Roush fascia doesn't do it for me. It's almost there... I like how it changes the grille opening from the ford fusion style shape to something a little more flatter and agressive, but they squander that with the sea of black plastic on the bottom. The relocated fogs don't look good, and they'd be better in the stock location, imo, since it's just empty space.

Just my two cents.

Not really happy with the gt350 fascia clones either, and the steeda one... well I don't see the point. It's only slightly different, and I'd argue it's not better than stock... just different.

I'm just saving myself the headache of storing/selling a fascia by keeping the stock one. Unless someone comes out with something that really wows me.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Not really happy with the gt350 fascia clones either, and the steeda one... well I don't see the point. It's only slightly different, and I'd argue it's not better than stock... just different.

I'm just saving myself the headache of storing/selling a fascia by keeping the stock one. Unless someone comes out with something that really wows me.
I feel the same about the Steeda fascia. Its a nice looking fascia, but its not different enough from stock to make it worth the hassle for me personally. Don't get me wrong, its a good looking fascia, but its too close to OEM for me to drop $1200 on it.

Sponsored

Jak112460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I like the stock facia with a good splitter.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Steeda one was a huge let down for me with molded in splitter. Then fitment issues with the fog housings and pp belly pan

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Lol, I agree with you. Roush fascia doesn't do it for me. It's almost there... I like how it changes the grille opening from the ford fusion style shape to something a little more flatter and agressive, but they squander that with the sea of black plastic on the bottom. The relocated fogs don't look good, and they'd be better in the stock location, imo, since it's just empty space.

Just my two cents.

Yah agreed saw the Roush person wasn't impressed. Or the 350 clone. lol

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Just my two cents.

I agree. I like the Roush "better" (it's also to me still trying to pretend less than wanting the ignorant public to believe that you have a GT350- face it that's why people clone; for show and oos and ahhs) but it's not great where I must must have it or something over stock for $1300 painted. For free, sure Id swap it in. They did do a good job making it a lot more aggressive looking than stock at least.

I agree with the 350 part too; it just doesnt look right because it is the same look in less horizontal area; since the Mustang track is narrower that a 350. It's not as low and mean looking as the real deal, and the (higher) GT/base hoods dont flow well with the lines of the 350 facia; even in clone form.

I dont see the replica being THAT much more aggressive than stock honestly; it just doesnt have that low narrow grill mean look to it in the replica form. It doesnt do anything extra to the Mustang visual feeling for me. It looks stock above the lower grill honestly in general design, and only really looks like gof lights deleted and a splitter.

The right grill (or grill delete) and splitter (like APR with the posts) can give the same type of aggressive front end feel- PLUS some function.

2015_Mustang_Gt-250_installed_Blue_LR_2.jpg

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I'm not sure I like any of them. The Steeda and Roush look just ok to me. They aren't different enough to my liking to be worth the purchase.

I like the aggressive look of the GT350 reps but I haven't seen any of them in person and I'm a little hesitant to drop the coin on one and then be disappointed once installed and painted.

I'm in the same boat with the aftermarket hoods available - I haven't seen one yet that really does it for me.

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I think the main point is the bottom reverse angled splitter. It doesn't have to be exactly as the gt350. All of the other Ford cars have it now including the fiesta. Ford might even put that on the 2018 models with updated head lights.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
LOL, some of you guys take this clone business waaayyyy too personally. The OEM Mustang front is a bit bland to me, the steeda bumper spices the bumper up perfectly but with so many fitment issues, I personally don't want to spend over a $1k to have the ass pain to only slightly change my front end. Then there's the Roush front. For the longest time I loathed the way that looked but once someone installed it without all the useless scoops it grew on me. Having said that, the Roush bumper is still not what I'd want on MY car. I dislike the bottom of the top grill not having a continuous straight line, I don't like the fog light placement and I'm not fond of the how the front end looks flat (I personally don't care if it really is or not when I look out the window the earth looks flat too but we all know its not). So far I like the GT350 reps the most. I get that some of you dislike it whether based on personal bias or some other reason but I don't see the point to post YOUR opinion multiple times as if you're going to change someone else's opinion. We get it, you don't like it, move on.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Khyber is just being Khyber.

I feel that he really should post in third person.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Khyber is just being Khyber.

I feel that he really should post in third person.
I've seen him post elsewhere in the forum and didn't really think he was super abrasive about anything. On this subject, he just seems to have a lot of built up animosity. :shrug: Maybe just a bad day?