Goflight2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Ingot Silver
I like them.
I'm not sure why some people think that every mod has to increase performance.
We drive/mod our cars because we like to not only increase performance, but because we simply like the way things look. Who wants a car that looks like everyone elses?
Mod on!

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Got mine in last week, I opted to cut away some extra metal to help with cooling. I live in a nice area and I don't DD my car much. It's mostly my HPDE car.
Might this prevent hood lift at high speed?

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I like them.
I'm not sure why some people think that every mod has to increase performance.
We drive/mod our cars because we like to not only increase performance, but because we simply like the way things look. Who wants a car that looks like everyone elses?
Mod on!
Someone who can't afford to get pulled over everyday :)

I haven't modified my car yet, but my list is forming -- so far I don't have any cosmetic mods on my list. I do think there might be an opportunity to increase the function of these vents -- or maybe not at all. I don't know.

I honestly respect anyone who makes their mods, and even respect people can fill a shopping cart with every fake anything from the autozone ricer isle, and do what they want with their car. It's theirs -- not mine -- and mine is mine.

I'm looking for things that are subtle, and different -- and if they add function, even better. How are you making your car look different if you mod the same way everyone else does? I can already hear all the pressure I'll get to lower my car... And honestly, I may want too -- totally undecided still.

I wonder why the export versions of the GT didn't get the extractors. I also wonder what these would look like color matched to the car...

Last edited:

Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
By cutting out the extra metal I'm pretty damn sure these are working good. Car seems to be staying cooler. The true test will be at the next road course event at speed. I was having trouble with the car getting hot so I drilled out the grill and added these. So far all is good. I don't really care about looks as long as it works and makes the car faster :)

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
By cutting out the extra metal I'm pretty damn sure these are working good. Car seems to be staying cooler. The true test will be at the next road course event at speed. I was having trouble with the car getting hot so I drilled out the grill and added these. So far all is good. I don't really care about looks as long as it works and makes the car faster :)
Looking forward to reading about it!

airshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Blk GT w/PP
So if you look up the RTR race cars in the S550 body style, this vent is exactly what they have on their cars. I emailed them a while back asking about it and they were no help at all, but sure enough they are identical if you look at the pictures. I like the vents, but currently on the fence for what I want to do when I pick up my car when I get back from my deployment.

Punkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP black
Got mine in last week, I opted to cut away some extra metal to help with cooling. I live in a nice area and I don't DD my car much. It's mostly my HPDE car.
Is the driver side is above the intake
water won't get in the intake ?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Not a fan, they look straight out of a jc whitney catalog. I guess as
Long as you like them that's all that matters

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
i don't think they look jc whitney, to me they look racecar...can't wait to see if ya decrease temps after cutting away that material

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Not a fan, they look straight out of a jc whitney catalog. I guess as
Long as you like them that's all that matters
Well, I am reserving my own judgement (only for myself) -- maybe judgement isn't the right word -- assessing if these are right for me, or if I should try and eventually prototype something of my own, and figure out how to do some sort of objective, instrumented test. But I currently envision my car as becoming a better performance street car -- it may never see a track.

Even some of the stuff in the J.C. Whitney catalog works, after all.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
It's just my opinion... Nothing more.
Yeah -- I frequently get blasted for voicing mine -- it's all good. They're a little loud for me -- color matched they might look better to me -- I also can't tell if the bolts are cosmetic, or if they are just for looks.