ProTorque 10r80 converter

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Still hasn’t gone in the car. Ongoing work in progress. My twin turbo application will benefit greatly, just not sure I can tolerate it in the street. Opinions on street-ability seem to be mixed.
I would probably stay with them. Just tell them what you have and how you plan to drive it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
there was no advantage to the billet front
the Circle D rep I spoke to yesterday said it does help with bearing clearances. although the lock up piston is on the rear cover it stands to reason that pressure does push on the front cover...if it wasn't necessary they wouldn't be making it same with ProTorque. circle d was having issues with the billet front covers getting stuck in cranks and are redesigning them for rerelease next month. ProTorque should have theirs ready by February.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
the Circle D rep I spoke to yesterday said it does help with bearing clearances. although the lock up piston is on the rear cover it stands to reason that pressure does push on the front cover...if it wasn't necessary they wouldn't be making it same with ProTorque. circle d was having issues with the billet front covers getting stuck in cranks and are redesigning them for rerelease next month. ProTorque should have theirs ready by February.
Interesting. Not sure why they would have talked me out of it. It was honestly a cheap upgrade and he said he would gladly do it but there was no benefit.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Interesting. Not sure why they would have talked me out of it. It was honestly a cheap upgrade and he said he would gladly do it but there was no benefit.
I'd believe the company. If it helped there is no way they would have talked you out of it.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Circle D Representative just emailed me back answering my question's about their converters.

circle D Converter.png

Sponsored

Hahny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
How do you like the X10 converter? I’m thinking about buying one for my set up.

OP
OP

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
Not installed yet… waiting for a redesigned replacement with a billet cover…

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That 3,600 to 3,800 stall = tremendous heat build up in a street application.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I'm in the process of having my converter rebuilt by Circle D. I initially installed it as new. Im not sure if mine has the billet part. I just know my transmission (10r80) starting making a clacking noise when I put it in drive after bring installed for about 2.5 months. I'd just put a Cobra Jet, PMAS fender intake, VMP twin 69, Headers, 3600 Circle D converter, with a Wengerd tune. Immediately after installing everything I noticed that the shift from 3rd to 4th was like driving a stick and engaging the gear with hesitation and a hard bump. I contacted Wengerd and he made adjustments that smoothed it but it was still there and noticeable. I assumed it was the converter and just part of it locking up or something. One day I was horsing it through some Atlanta traffic and noticed my trans temps went to 225-230. I pulled over to a stop and let it cool. I tried to proceed on and heard the noise in the video. The noise is when you put it in drive. It would stop when you start driving and it shifted or in park. Anyways the converter is being rebuilt and the Trans with Stage 2 Suncoast upgrade and a 10r80 thermal bypass. I hope I never have these issues again.
Sponsored

Last edited: