Sponsored

Parking aid lines disappeared after the car was returned from the service

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Just to be on a same page I don't have neither the guide lines or center line. Compartment closed, trunk closed, reverse gear engaged.
The same with my GT , no guide lines or center line. The picture that you posted looks like the view i have as well. I have the menu for guide lines. It does not correct the issue.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
What was the service done to your car exactly?
Is your reverse light coming on when you put it in reverse?

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
The Fixed Or Active Guidelines Are Inoperative

Normal Operation and Fault Conditions

REFER to: Parking Aid - System Operation and Component Description (413-13B Parking Aid - Vehicles With: Parking Aid Camera, Description and Operation).

Possible Sources

Rear parking aid camera
Luggage compartment lid position data concern
LIN concern
BCM
ABS module concern
PSCM concern (active guidelines only)
Visual Inspection and Diagnostic Pre-Checks

Verify the luggage compartment lid is fully closed.
Verify the inoperative feature is enabled in the settings menu. Refer to the Owner's Literature.
For active guideline concerns, verify the concern was not caused by the steering wheel being in the straight ahead position. Active guidelines are not displayed unless the steering wheel is rotated.
If the rear video camera is not configured after replacement, some video functions will be inoperative. Verify the rear video camera configuration using the diagnostic scan tool.
NOTE: If the battery has been disconnected or discharged, or a module is disconnected or replaced, the active guidelines may be inoperative until the vehicle is driven on a flat and smooth road at 32 km/h (20 mph) or more, with hands placed loosely on the steering wheel and minimal steering correction for approximately 30 seconds.

If the guidelines are remain inoperative, it may be necessary to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes with the driver's door open, then drive the vehicle for 5 miles in normal city driving before performing the procedure described above.

Guidelines are not selectable IIRC They are always available but it takes a lot of data from steering and abs systems to compute the gridlines. Slam your trunk.You have no codes or other lights on in dash?

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Disconnected the battery with driver's door open probably for half an hour or more. Drove 5+mls. Still no lines
That's the reboot then do this:
Operation should return after the vehicle is driven straight on a flat/smooth road at 20 km/h (12 mph) or more with minimal steering input for 30 seconds.

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
That's the reboot then do this:
Operation should return after the vehicle is driven straight on a flat/smooth road at 20 km/h (12 mph) or more with minimal steering input for 30 seconds.
I probably drove 30 mls since I did "reboot" the system. I guess if the guidelines menu option is not even reflected in the menu - they won't work.

What was the service done to your car exactly?
Is your reverse light coming on when you put it in reverse?
They did replace the black cover with badge on the trunk, therefore they did disconnect the camera.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I probably drove 30 mls since I did "reboot" the system. I guess if the guidelines menu option is not even reflected in the menu - they won't work.

They did replace the black cover with badge on the trunk, therefore they did disconnect the camera.
On mine no camera disconnect. The zoom is stuck and will not shut off. The zoom button beeps thats all, when touched.On mine the lines went off when i hit the zoom,and never came back. I have opened and slamed shut the trunk. Checked the camera connection. I have not done a reboot procedure. That procedure i leave for my dealer.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
On mine no camera disconnect. The zoom is stuck and will not shut off. The zoom button beeps thats all, when touched.On mine the lines went off when i hit the zoom,and never came back. I have opened and slamed shut the trunk. Checked the camera connection. I have not done a reboot procedure. That procedure i leave for my dealer.
It stays in zoom even when you shift out of reverse? The car has so many can bus systems and modules it's too much to post here. Sometimes it's fun to figure it out, sometimes it nice the car is under warranty.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
It stays in zoom even when you shift out of reverse? The car has so many can bus systems and modules it's too much to post here. Sometimes it's fun to figure it out, sometimes it nice the car is under warranty.
When shifting to drive , i get the nav screen. Map etc. I like your last line, so true. Your help was appreciated, Tim.:ford::cool:

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
So when you shift back into reverse it goes straight to zoom? From what I saw there are a lot of self tests and on your big screen synch resets. It must be a windows system CTL-ALT-DEL LOL

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
So when you shift back into reverse it goes straight to zoom? From what I saw there are a lot of self tests and on your big screen synch resets. It must be a windows system CTL-ALT-DEL LOL
Yep, it goes right to zoom. I will let my dealer work on it over the summer.

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
Yep, it goes right to zoom. I will let my dealer work on it over the summer.
can you post a picture of the rear camera picture on your display? I will compare it then based on the visible GT letters to figure out if my camera did stuck in normal or zoom mode.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
can you post a picture of the rear camera picture on your display? I will compare it then based on the visible GT letters to figure out if my camera did stuck in normal or zoom mode.
Will try to do so, by the end of the week. Its scheduled for some mod work . I will try to take the picture before the car heads to the shop. Its not my daily driver.

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
Ok, while the car was in service they did refresh/reload/recalibrate (whatever the right word is) the software and the line did get back.
Sponsored