Sponsored

Parking aid lines disappeared after the car was returned from the service

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
For some reason parking aid lines disappeared from the rear-view camera. I did read the manual, and it says that after the battery disconnection they may disappear and will appear after the car will go faster than 12mls/hr. I did drive probably 30 miles today after I picked up the car but the lines did never came back. Does anybody knows what the issue could be?
Note: Upon a battery disconnect, the active
guidelines may not be functional until your
vehicle has been driven a short distance and
exceeds a speed of 12 mph (20 km/h).
By the way - I don't even have an option in the menu about active guidelines. I have only option for the camera delay.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431652430.962764.jpg

Zoom button on the screen beeps when pressed but doing nothing. I did try to reset to the factory settings. Didn't help.
Sponsored

Cobrakev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
You can go into the settings and turn them on/off. They just might need turned back on.

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
You can go into the settings and turn them on/off. They just might need turned back on.
Thanks for the reply but:
By the way - I don't even have an option in the menu about active guidelines. I have only option for the camera delay

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Same thing happened to mine. I took it in, and the dealer uploaded new software. The lines are back, but now the stereo will default to AM or FM on startup about 20% of the time. Aggravating because I only listen to Pandora or my USB; not once have I used the AM/FM function.

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I'm assuming the dealer removed the trunk panel when they lined up your trunk?

Maybe the back up cam connector isn't connected all the way in...:shrug:

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
This is what I thought as well.

Update. Connector is connected properly

Last edited:
OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
Same thing happened to mine. I took it in, and the dealer uploaded new software. The lines are back, but now the stereo will default to AM or FM on startup about 20% of the time. Aggravating because I only listen to Pandora or my USB; not once have I used the AM/FM function.

How much time it took to update the software?

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I'm sorry, I don't know - I had it done while my car was in the shop for a few days for other things.

Rig Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
This happened to my car a few months ago. Dealer did the software upgrade same day and everything has been peachy since then...

Sponsored
OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
This happened to my car a few months ago. Dealer did the software upgrade same day and everything has been peachy since then...
Do you remember what you think may did trigger the disappearance of those things?

Rig Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Do you remember what you think may did trigger the disappearance of those things?
The dealer had replaced the black fascia of the trunk lid (was found dinged on delivery). Simple fix by the body shop - can't explain why the camera lines went AWOL.

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
Ok, same thing here. I guess they didn't bother to disconnect the battery before disconnecting the camera and this is what did cause the problem.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
SSM 45081 - 2013-2015 Fusion/MKZ, 2015 F-150, 2015 Mustang, and MKC-Reverse Park Aid CameraActive Gridlines Inoperative After Battery Disconnect Or Component Service
Some 2013-2015 Fusion/MKZ, 2015 F-150, 2015 Mustang, and MKC (Auto-Park only) equipped with a Reverse Park Aid Camera may have the Active Gridlines missing or inoperative after a battery disconnect, module disconnect, or module replacementthat is associated with the Reverse Park Aid Camera system. Operation should return after the vehicle is driven straight on a flat/smooth road at 20 km/h (12 mph) or more with minimal steering input for 30 seconds. Abort this step at any time to maintain safe driving. Workshop Manual section 413-13 Pinpoint Test Y (Fusion), or Pinpoint Test D (Mustang, MKC, MKZ) have been updated with this information. If still inoperative, it may be necessary to disconnect the battery for 5minutes with the driver’s door open, then drive the vehicle for 5 miles in normal city driving before performing the above procedure.

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
If still inoperative, it may be necessary to disconnect the battery for 5minutes with the driver’s door open, then drive the vehicle for 5 miles in normal city driving before performing the above procedure.

In other words:
1) open driver's door
2) disconnect the battery
3) wait 5min
4) connect the battery back
5) drive for 5mls

Then what?
Sponsored