Parking aid lines disappeared after the car was returned from the service

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
Disconnected the battery with driver's door open probably for half an hour or more. Drove 5+mls. Still no lines

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Disconnected the battery with driver's door open probably for half an hour or more. Drove 5+mls. Still no lines
Have you tried pulling that trunk panel out and checking out the wires?

I did that yesterday to mine to remove the GT emblem to Plastidip it. One thing I did notice was when I put it back together & tested the camera, my lines too were gone with the trunk lid in the up position.

Soon as trunk was shut, the lines were back.

Last edited:

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
The dealer had replaced the black fascia of the trunk lid (was found dinged on delivery). Simple fix by the body shop - can't explain why the camera lines went AWOL.
No dealer work was done on my GT. After pressing the magnifer the lines were gone and never came back. When the trunk is lifted to the open position the camera should have no picture & it does. It is glitch in the system. The unit might even be reading the trunk as in the "OPEN " postion when in reality it is closed. A misreading. I did not do the battery disconnect procedure for this reason. Software issue, probable. I have not brought the Mustang in for service yet. :cool:

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
Have you tried pulling that trunk panel out and checking out the wires?

I did that yesterday to mine to remove the GT emblem and Plastidip it. One thing I did notice was when I put it back together & tested the camera, my lines too were gone with the trunk lid in the up position.

Soon as trunk was shut, the lines were back.

Yes, I did check the connection for the camera. Looks fine.

Sponsored

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
No dealer work was done on my GT. After pressing the magnifer the lines were gone and never came back. When the trunk is lifted to the open position the camera should have no picture & it does. It is glitch in the system. The unit might even be reading the trunk as in the "OPEN " postion when in reality it is closed. A misreading. I did not do the battery disconnect procedure for this reason. Software issue, probable. I have not brought the Mustang in for service yet. :cool:

Does yours show "zoom" button when backup camera is on?

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Does yours show "zoom" button when backup camera is on?
It is in the zoom position, the button only beeps. Close up camera shot. My problem started after i hit the magnifier button. The picture will not readjust and the lines are gone. I have few miles on my GT. Probable dealer visit over the summer.

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
My button only beeps too. Have no clue if it is in zoom position or not (probably not zoom)

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
My button only beeps too. Have no clue if it is in zoom position or not (probably not zoom)
The issue sounds identical. Its got to be internal software issue. I checked my trunk wiring connections to the camera , they are correct. My prior S197 mustangs were ordered without the camera option. Go figure. You are probably in zoom .

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
In other words:
1) open driver's door
2) disconnect the battery
3) wait 5min
4) connect the battery back
5) drive for 5mls

Then what?
6) Cross your fingers
7) Make a wish
8) Say a prayer
9) Pull down your pants
10) Accept your fate

Geez, who thinks up this crap??? How about a freakin RESET button or something??? This is as bad as the shenanigans they put you through to attempt disabling the auto locks! I say "attempt" because the ritual never actually works....

Sponsored
OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
Unfortunately system reset doesn't do the trick

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
The issue sounds identical. Its got to be internal software issue. I checked my trunk wiring connections to the camera , they are correct. My prior S197 mustangs were ordered without the camera option. Go figure. You are probably in zoom .

Don't know if it's zoom
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431913609.388042.jpg

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Time for the stupid questions.

If the luggage compartment lid is open or the steering wheel is in the straight-ahead position, the active guidelines are not shown.

Manual Zoom

The manual zoom feature is controlled by the rear parking aid video camera and has one level of zoom. If the manual zoom feature is on and the vehicle is shifted out of reverse gear, the manual zoom feature is disabled. The manual zoom feature must be re-enabled the next time reverse gear is selected.

When the manual zoom feature is turned on, only the centerline is present with no other guidelines even if the fixed and/or active guidelines are selected on.

When the driver turns the zoom on or off at the FDIM, the command is sent by the APIM over the HS-CAN3 to the GWM. The GWM then sends the command to the BCM on the HS-CAN1. The BCM sends the manual zoom request message to the parking aid camera via the LIN circuit. The camera then turns the zoom on or off.

When the driver turns the zoom on or off at the FCDIM, the command is sent by the FCDIM over the HS-CAN3 to the GWM. The GWM then sends the command to the BCM on the HS-CAN1. The BCM sends the manual zoom request message to the parking aid camera via the LIN circuit. The camera then turns the zoom on or off.

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
Time for the stupid questions.

If the luggage compartment lid is open or the steering wheel is in the straight-ahead position, the active guidelines are not shown.

Manual Zoom

The manual zoom feature is controlled by the rear parking aid video camera and has one level of zoom. If the manual zoom feature is on and the vehicle is shifted out of reverse gear, the manual zoom feature is disabled. The manual zoom feature must be re-enabled the next time reverse gear is selected.

When the manual zoom feature is turned on, only the centerline is present with no other guidelines even if the fixed and/or active guidelines are selected on.

When the driver turns the zoom on or off at the FDIM, the command is sent by the APIM over the HS-CAN3 to the GWM. The GWM then sends the command to the BCM on the HS-CAN1. The BCM sends the manual zoom request message to the parking aid camera via the LIN circuit. The camera then turns the zoom on or off.

When the driver turns the zoom on or off at the FCDIM, the command is sent by the FCDIM over the HS-CAN3 to the GWM. The GWM then sends the command to the BCM on the HS-CAN1. The BCM sends the manual zoom request message to the parking aid camera via the LIN circuit. The camera then turns the zoom on or off.

Just to be on a same page I don't have neither the guide lines or center line. Compartment closed, trunk closed, reverse gear engaged.
Sponsored