Oil drain plug

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
If you can fully access it on a Mustang, you might be able to do it by hand.

On my F150, the plug is partially obscured by the front sway bar (fantastic design), so I had to use a crescent wrench to carefully budge it that last partial turn to lock the tabs.
It looks fully accessible to me, as I can see it under the car. I don't see anything in the way, Thank you for your reply.
Sponsored

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
I have purchased a Femco plug, and have not installed it yet, waiting for the 1st oil change. I want to ask, if it was easy to install? I've read that it may take a wrench to get the tabs on securely, and just don't want to break it installing it.
I needed to use a wrench to screw it into position until the tabs made contact. I was concerned at first, but noticed others had a similar experience. I assume its due to a slightly snugger fit.

I'll monitor, but don't expect any problems. I did purchase a spare OEM plug that I'll probably just toss into the console.

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
i havnt had any issues with the Femco plug after a few oil changes…simplifies the job and cleaner.
Yeah. Femcos are made for fleet operators who demand fast and fool-proof. Drain plugs and systems are all they do and been doing it for many decades.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I had a Ronin on my F150, I changed the oil every 5k for 100k miles and it was flawless. It drains kinda slow, takes a while to drop 9 quarts in the F150 but it was worth it to keep from painting my sway bar and driveway with motor oil. Only headache was keeping up with the screw in drain piece. I. just used brake cleaner on it when done and kept in the center console. I got a Ronin for my Mustang and will change it when I do my second oil change this weekend.

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
i havnt had any issues with the Femco plug after a few oil changes…simplifies the job and cleaner.
We absolutely cover that, as I have not seen the handle twist. We sell a lot more of the UPR Billet Drain Valve as it does not get removed, and you just open and close it to drain your oil. Most importantly, that is not an issue we have ever seen. Just PM me your information, and I will send you a replacement and can guarantee that it will not be an issue you will encounter ever again with either model you choose. The UPR standard drain plug or drain valve style. I am just seeing this, and we always make sure our products are performing their best. I will send the replacement out immediately. Joe@UPR

GT4SHRNG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
We absolutely cover that, as I have not seen the handle twist. We sell a lot more of the UPR Billet Drain Valve as it does not get removed, and you just open and close it to drain your oil. Most importantly, that is not an issue we have ever seen. Just PM me your information, and I will send you a replacement and can guarantee that it will not be an issue you will encounter ever again with either model you choose. The UPR standard drain plug or drain valve style. I am just seeing this, and we always make sure our products are performing their best. I will send the replacement out immediately. Joe@UPR
Hi UPRjoe, I just sent you a PM with my original order information. I appreciate your quick response to my post.
Thanks,
Lew

GT4SHRNG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Yeah. Femcos are made for fleet operators who demand fast and fool-proof. Drain plugs and systems are all they do and been doing it for many decades.
Thanks cheeser and HoosierDaddy, appreciate the responses. I had chosen the UPR drain plug because of the magnet on the end... at the time I ordered, I had just recently done a transmission drain and fill on a Honda and its magnet caught some debris (I know I'm comparing apples to oranges), so I thought having a magnet to catch anything the filter didn't would be good to have. Anyhow, the UPR drain plug really seems solid, maybe a little too solid since the tangs don't release from the oil pan, but Joe@UPR says they've redesigned it, "We have since upgraded the drain plugs to have smooth tangs to avoid them from dragging or binding."
I'll post any updates here, thanks again. Great community!

GT4SHRNG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Thanks cheeser and HoosierDaddy, appreciate the responses. I had chosen the UPR drain plug because of the magnet on the end... at the time I ordered, I had just recently done a transmission drain and fill on a Honda and its magnet caught some debris (I know I'm comparing apples to oranges), so I thought having a magnet to catch anything the filter didn't would be good to have. Anyhow, the UPR drain plug really seems solid, maybe a little too solid since the tangs don't release from the oil pan, but Joe@UPR says they've redesigned it, "We have since upgraded the drain plugs to have smooth tangs to avoid them from dragging or binding."
I'll post any updates here, thanks again. Great community!
Joe@UPR has been super responsive, he says he's sending the updated part out today. I cannot ask for any better customer support. I'm on the other side of the country from him so it'll be a few days before I get it. So far 10+ for customer support.
Sponsored