Sponsored

Never Letting My Girlfriend Drive My Mustang Again...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
As if ANYONE would have done the same, regardless if it were his GF or HE…. That’s the point being made. So if HE smacked it, would he be just as harsh to himself AND come on here bitching about it?

It’s a freaking car, if anyone on here values their car more than their partner (wife, GF, etc), then they don’t belong in any relationship.

OP can easily get a bumper cover in same color and rear tail light assembly on eBay or this forum for dirt cheap, cheaper than making ANY insurance claim…. And it’s an easy DIY. The damage to the edge of the rear 1/4 next to the light is a body shop fix…. OR If the OP wants to be creative and fix it, then get some black Plasticoat and paint the entire edge/fascia from the L rear 1/4, across the fascia of the trunk lid above the deck panel and to the other R rear 1/4 ….
Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
As if ANYONE would have done the same, regardless if it were his GF or HE…. That’s the point being made. So if HE smacked it, would he be just as harsh to himself AND come on here bitching about it?
It's his property he can burn it to the ground if he wants.

It’s a freaking car, if anyone on here values their car more than their partner (wife, GF, etc), then they don’t belong in any relationship.

OP can easily get a bumper cover in same color and rear tail light assembly on eBay or this forum for dirt cheap, cheaper than making ANY insurance claim…. And it’s an easy DIY. The damage to the edge of the rear 1/4 next to the light is a body shop fix…. OR If the OP wants to be creative and fix it, then get some black Plasticoat and paint the entire edge/fascia from the L rear 1/4, across the fascia of the trunk lid above the deck panel and to the other R rear 1/4 ….
It's not A car it's HIS car, that his gf treated poorly and you're suggesting she not only do nothing to fix it but that anyone who suggests she take an ounce of responsibility for her actions doesn't belong in a relationship.

Take a midol and calm down, people who break other people's stuff should fix what they broke. This is basic civilization 101.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Sorry to see this happened, but it's just a car, let it go. Just replace the rear bumper, it's not expensive.

A girl that you like is worth much more than a Mustang, IMO. If it's a rare 6-7 figures car, that's another story.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
It's not A car it's HIS car…
…that HE lent out to someone within HIS inner circle. Anyone on this planet for more than 5 presidential election cycles knows there is an inherent risk when loaning cars (or money) to friends and/or family members 😉

…people who break other people's stuff should fix what they broke. This is basic civilization 101.
SHOULD she accept responsibility? sure…but that ain’t always how the world works, and being a Little Richard is not the answer 🫠

the point is, she is obviously worth his time and it’s a frickin bumper…if she had wrapped it around a telephone pole, had no insurance and disappeared, that would be another thread 🙃

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
…that HE lent out to someone within HIS inner circle. Anyone on this planet for more than 5 presidential election cycles knows there is an inherent risk when loaning cars (or money) to friends and/or family members 😉

SHOULD she accept responsibility? sure…but that ain’t always how the world works, and being a Little Richard is not the answer 🫠

the point is, she is obviously worth his time and it’s a frickin bumper…if she had wrapped it around a telephone pole, had no insurance and disappeared, that would be another thread 🙃
this is a metric for character: personal responsibility.

once i laid down a guy's ZX10R. I paid to have it fixed. I didn't haggle or complain. I paid, because I screwed up and I owed him the repair.

that is what a person of good moral character would do.

why date someone who doesn't have good character? you gonna marry that? have that raising your children? I'm 40. you think this doesn't matter but it does. it seems stupid but it isn't. This is an opportunity for her to prove what she is made of...

...and if she doesn't try to make it right she ain't wifey material which means he should move on.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
You need to spend a day in family court and see how values become realigned.:explode:

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
She did the damage, so the only appropriate thing she had to do, the second she walked in was to say: "I scratched your car, it's not bad but I'll take care of it", full stop.

Many years ago me and my girlfriend, who later became my wife, were arguing. I was driving her new little Lancia and I scratched the rear bumper in a very stupid way, backing up.
Even if we were arguing the first thing I said after damage assessment (and it was a very minor damage) was "I'll fix it, don't worry, you'll have it as it was before".
The argument was over and she was happy. She didn't want me to pay to fix it but I did that nonetheless, took care of all the process and I validated the repair was to my satisfaction.

I've never scratched a car again and I demonstrated my morality. Two pigeons with one stone.
If she scratches a car and say nothing of taking responsibility, the OP should take this as a metric to assess her future wife.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
If it were my car I might have come on here asking about how best to fix it but no way I would come on here trash talking my partner for something that was an accident not an intentional thing. Shit happens and you deal with it and move on.

Lots of advice about how he should dump her, no she should dump him if anything after reading the rant.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Body shop, like the others say. As far as male/female relationships: I've been with my wife 35 years, and I can't give you much advice. It's all about compromise and forgiveness. But, you hold the aces now!
Yes, I've been married for over 34 years and my wife knows she's not allowed to drive my GT. Of course, she knows her driving "skills" leaves much to be desired based on her crash/scrape history with multiple cars we had before. So we don't have an issue at all about her wanting to drive it.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
O.P never mentioned what she said after she told him What happened.
Exactly, everyone is painting the GF as a villain seemingly without a reason.
For all we know she came home crying and apologetic.
What we do know is the OP thinks the worst possible thing is a few very minor scratches. Hint, it's not the worst thing.
I've actually been wondering if the OP complained about the GF because he asked her to go to Starbucks and get him a PSL and he's feeling guilty because if he hadn't wanted that PSL the car would be home scratch free???

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Exactly, everyone is painting the GF as a villain seemingly without a reason.
For all we know she came home crying and apologetic.
What we do know is the OP thinks the worst possible thing is a few very minor scratches. Hint, it's not the worst thing.
I've actually been wondering if the OP complained about the GF because he asked her to go to Starbucks and get him a PSL and he's feeling guilty because if he hadn't wanted that PSL the car would be home scratch free???
crying about something doesn't mean shit if you don't try and make it right.

narcissists use tactics like that to avoid responsibility.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
O.P never mentioned what she said after she told him What happened.
This- I don't see any posts from him beyond the first one in this thread. I think anything regarding what she may have said or done is just speculation by all of us. So to me the post was just a rant.......

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Exactly, maybe he was just venting to us so he didn't have to sleep on the couch.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
this is a metric for character: personal responsibility.

once i laid down a guy's ZX10R. I paid to have it fixed. I didn't haggle or complain. I paid, because I screwed up and I owed him the repair.

that is what a person of good moral character would do.

why date someone who doesn't have good character? you gonna marry that? have that raising your children? I'm 40. you think this doesn't matter but it does. it seems stupid but it isn't. This is an opportunity for her to prove what she is made of...

...and if she doesn't try to make it right she ain't wifey material which means he should move on.
“An opportunity to prove what she is made of” I’m still laughing at that statement. Idiot
Sponsored