Sponsored

Never Letting My Girlfriend Drive My Mustang Again...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Alright so recently I just experienced one of the worst pains a car guy can have. This happened the other day when I let my girlfriend use my mustang (Which I never do because of this and will never let her again) but she was begging me and she didn't want to take the Tacoma so I said screw it why not...but even before she left I specifically instructed her on how to drive like I always do when I'm driving such as: "This car is lowered" and "Enter the driveway at an angle" etc... So she went on her way to do errands and what not and unfortunately at her last stop (Starbucks) the worst happened which was she decided to reverse park in spot for whatever reason and ended up hitting a cement pole scratching the left side of my rear bumper.

So now the million dollar question is what should I do? Cover it up with Street Aero stickers? New Bumper?...OR maybe if someone knows how to DIY fix-it that might include some elbow-grease on the bodywork that might not be an expensive fix??? I Don't Know...?

But any advice would be great before I end up taking it to a bodyshop if there isn't a cheaper option....

tempImage7ZFDge.png

tempImage2lHiYv.png

tempImageEfx0fY.png

tempImagelyEsme.png
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
“So now the million dollar question is what should I do?”

1 : Ditch her … Jk

2 : Use this as an excuse for lots of additional ‘favours’ … JK, or maybe not …

3 : Take it to a body shop, it’s the only way you will truly be happy with it again.

Good luck and I hope it all goes to plan (especially point 2 :giggle:)

WD :like:

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
mate i had similar from a guy in a 4wd scraping my bar
i repaired it fairly easily with a p/pak can of paint mixed by a local paint shop
preparation is the main thing eg..feathering the paint
i used a promoter and undercoat to match
you cannot tell it was damaged and it looked identical to yours
if you are not confident there are a lot of how to,s on utube

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
At least she didn't total it :giggle:
J/k
Body shop, yes.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Body shop, and never ever let any woman interfere with your hobbies ever again.

Keep your hobby and your love separate. You already have to find middle grounds everyday you stay with a woman (even with the loving and caring ones, it's just human nature).
You must have something that is exclusively yours and done on your own terms. They have theirs (clothes, perfumes, shoes, you name it)....

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I know the feeling….I have a wife that has a bad habit of curb rash…unfortunately a body shop is probably your best fix.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Body shop, like the others say. As far as male/female relationships: I've been with my wife 35 years, and I can't give you much advice. It's all about compromise and forgiveness. But, you hold the aces now!

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
As a 45 year old divorcee, who now back out in the dating world, I've come to realize that its much easier to replace possessions versus relationships. So if you love her, forgive her and move on. It could have been much worse, a respray from a good body shop and it's fix, plus I bet she'll never ask to borrow your mustang again.

Sponsored

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '14 Expedition, Merc C300, Scion xb,
As mentioned before. Buff it out as much as you can and then a body shop to complete the fix.

I'll have the girl friend pay for the damage. She is not your wife, so....no pay and your out. There are billions of women in the world, you'll find another one. But if you set on this one, just suck it up and never let her drive the stang again.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
just buff it out as much as you can then take it to a professional touch up guy. It's a ford, not a ferrari.
i hope by professional touch up guy you mean body shop...

....which your girl should pay for. equality.

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
That's just women for you. Accept her apologies and move on. She probably feels terrible about it too, at least I would hope. Don't yell at her, just move on from it. Show some support for her. Relationships are like that. I've spent over $50k in mods and I still let my wife drive my car when she begs to.

You can't replace poor car handling skills with anger. Just have to accept it. All you can do is tell her what to be careful about.

File claim with your insurance then get your car to a body shop for quotes.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
If you don't end up on a future episode of Forensic Files over this I'll be disappointed.

Scuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
:frown: Reading this brought back painful memories- I let my 16 year old son drive my '72 Cutlass S (retired show car, super nice) to school once in a while- he did fine and was careful, but one day he decided to take it to the car wash after school and got rear-ended by another high schooler doing 60+ in a 25mph limit neighborhood street- the kids were fine but both cars were totaled.
Sponsored