Sponsored

My GT350R will likely be my last Ford car.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
2 points to make, my 350R will out run it in 2nd gear, so want to you want grocery getter with good fit and finish or a car the runs to 8250 screaming like nothing on this planet.
My point was that a disposable, mundane grocery getter has (and maintains) far better fit and finish than a sports car 3X the price. Nothing more. Unacceptable.

;)
Sponsored

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Almost 340 posts on this thread, smh....

We need some new GT500 info or something to give you guys something else to complain about. ;)

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
My point was that a disposable, mundane grocery getter has (and maintains) far better fit and finish than a sports car 3X the price. Nothing more. Unacceptable.

;)
What!?! Our cars can beat a common mid size SUV, no way!

I totally thought you were making a direct performance comparison between the two etc.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I think I own a huge chunk of you...:cheers:

I find it very childish of you to keep tailing me and propagating a keyboard fight... Says A LOT about your character.
You created a thread and support discussions that are highly debatable. That's good for a forum but if you suggest that everyone that doesn't agree with you within 2 posts of your fantasy is following you around (on a public forum) - I don't know what to tell you. Full of yourself a bit?

It's a thread that spawns some debate. What did you post for, if you didn't want anyone to reply? Amazing.

It's not a keyboard fight. It's someone that doesn't agree with you and your own previous posts contradict everything you are saying here. Not that difficult to see.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
And with me....very odd.
Great. Two people who don't know how to look at two sides of a debate...on the internet. Glad you two found each other, though!

That said, I'll stop. Too much negativity going on and I just wanted to offer an outside view of what was potentially going on here. I'll stick to some of the more positive threads here instead of the "I just figured out my car sucks) threads.

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Never owned a Ford before. I don't discriminate brands, however, the GT350 has certainly soured the brand in my opinion. It is a manufacturing line they should rightly be ashamed of.

IMDNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think I own a huge chunk of you...:cheers:

I find it very childish of you to keep tailing me and propagating a keyboard fight... Says A LOT about your character.
Bhahahaha LMAO... I read all of his post in this thread. Such a Ford enthusiast. but come on....

How hard it is to understand that people's opinion and perspective changes over the period of their ownership????

I can say I love the car during the first month of my ownership and being fully honest.
Today I can say I still love the car only because it drives well.
6 months from now I could say I can't live with this car because the quality is POS.
What's wrong with that?

Saying adding oil constantly between normal service interval is normal is just laughable. We are in 2018 and none of these cars are high-mileage cars. If this is normal, Ford should have put this in the owners manual: THIS ENGINE BURNS OIL. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK ENGINE OIL BETWEEN THE SERVICE INTERVAL.

Poor build quality is only because factory workers are careless and their management is irresponsible. Nothing else.

I don't post very often, but claiming burning oil and crappy build quality are expected? This is simply ridiculous and stupidly defensive.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Bhahahaha LMAO... I read all of his post in this thread. Such a Ford enthusiast. but come on....

How hard it is to understand that people's opinion and perspective changes over the period of their ownership????

I can say I love the car during the first month of my ownership and being fully honest.
Today I can say I still love the car only because it drives well.
6 months from now I could say I can't live with this car because the quality is POS.
What's wrong with that?

Saying adding oil constantly between normal service interval is normal is just laughable. We are in 2018 and none of these cars are high-mileage cars. If this is normal, Ford should have put this in the owners manual: THIS ENGINE BURNS OIL. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK ENGINE OIL BETWEEN THE SERVICE INTERVAL.

Poor build quality is only because factory workers are careless and their management is irresponsible. Nothing else.

I don't post very often, but claiming burning oil and crappy build quality are expected? This is simply ridiculous and stupidly defensive.
While I agree with your sentiment....they did put that in the owners manual.

From the manual: "You can drive high performance vehicles in such a way that may lead to higher oil consumption (this includes extended time at high engine speeds, high loads, engine braking, hard cornering maneuvers, and track use). Under these conditions, oil consumption of approximately 1 quart per 500 miles (1 liter per 800 km) is possible. As a result, you need to check the engine oil level at every refueling and adjust to maintain proper levels to avoid engine damage."

Page 48

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
23 pages. Interesting.

I have the worst car luck of all of my peers. However, I do not have all of the same issues here. I don't want to pile on but honestly, I do not regret buying the GT350 in any way. I am disappointed in the way FMC handled the allocation and sustainment of these cars.

I would love to help drive down the resale price of the R's with negative rhetoric, but it would not be justifiable just so I can pick up an R at a discount.

Comparatively, try owning Land Rover products out of a warranty period, then you can truly appreciate a few annoying ticks and less than perfect fitment issues.

My goal with this car has changed since I ordered it. I got hooked on the track experience and really wanted to be a track junkie vs. a transportation requirement. Form a different optic, if I point out every negative issue, it is completely void when behind the wheel pulling to redline in third gear.

I firmly believe that Ford Corporate fumbled the fielding and support for this car. I think that if they would have treated this like the SVO/SVT the overall experience would be better. They need to stop allowing less than stellar dealerships to sell these cars. A dedicated SVO/SVT certificated service would likely improve the customer satisfaction. I have been to 3 dealerships for different reasons and none are worthy of handling more than a Focus or basic F series truck. They just stink at taking care of anything. Understand the dealer I bought my car from is over 600 miles away and dang near contemplated shipping it there just for the recall because I know they actually give an S. (rant over, sorry)

At the end of the day, I like my GT350 so much it is worth (not $) keeping even though it has typical and non-typical issues. Cars are machines, machines break.

Plus, it is a nice addition to the stable with the 93 5.0 (fun around town), 94 Lightning (like the GT350, it is just an F-150 right?not), 69 Mustang (Pro Street, drag beast), and the daily 05 LR3 (ticking time bomb at 187K).

The only car I don't have to work on is the Shelby, so I am happy.

Caveat, I am lusting over the GT3's I park next to at Cars and Coffee along with a few other nice track focused cars.

My next car will be a replica Cobra I build. Isn't that why we are all here?

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I've had 3 P cars and 2 more VAG-Audi. Be ready to be disappointed, every single 1 I bought new had a major "have to sell" quality flaw and several minor issues.

Best ownership experience has been BMW but that ends when warranty ends.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

From the manual: "You can drive high performance vehicles in such a way that may lead to higher oil consumption (this includes extended time at high engine speeds, high loads, engine braking, hard cornering maneuvers, and track use). Under these conditions, oil consumption of approximately 1 quart per 500 miles (1 liter per 800 km) is possible. As a result, you need to check the engine oil level at every refueling and adjust to maintain proper levels to avoid engine damage."

Page 48
I was just about to write this in response.. but in retrospect it’d have been nice for the salespeople to have enough product knowledge during the vehicle walk around to mention it.

When we leased my wife’s cheap fusion years back I had to stop the salesperson from what seemed to be a 20min post sale orientation... covering important topics like adding Bluetooth devices and rolling down windows with the keys.

You’d think the same company would insist their sales staff cover something as important as “your engine may burn 10 quarts of oil before the first recommended oil change interval”.

Fortunately I read manuals and joined this forum but it’s clear some did neither and before their first service interval the engine was shot.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I was just about to write this in response.. but in retrospect it’d have been nice for the salespeople to have enough product knowledge during the vehicle walk around to mention it.

When we leased my wife’s cheap fusion years back I had to stop the salesperson from what seemed to be a 20min post sale orientation... covering important topics like adding Bluetooth devices and rolling down windows with the keys.

You’d think the same company would insist their sales staff cover something as important as “your engine may burn 10 quarts of oil before the first recommended oil change interval”.

Fortunately I read manuals and joined this forum but it’s clear some did neither and before their first service interval the engine was shot.
Wholeheartedly agree with you. MY real complaint with my ownership experience has been the dealers. They work hard at selling....but not much else. Frustrating when I know more than they do. Sigh...

But I also get frustrated when people don't take responsibility for their part....sure seems common these days.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Page 48
Interesting. That was added to later versions. It's not in the original 2015-2016 manual.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"

Car salespeople having knowledge of the products they're trying to sell???? I needed that humor today.....
Sponsored