Sponsored

My beauty is gone...

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Sounds like your a great driver as you have never had an accident until now …shit happens. Nothing you can do about it except when you fall off get back on!
Glad to hear your okay! Now go get another one ! No such thing as rules from wives!
Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Glad you're okay.

No V8? Sounds like V10 R8 or V12 Ferrari then. At least that's what I'm doing if my wife ever says that lol.
I like the way you think. 😏

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Tryna do a little drifting action ? I based this on yer wife saying yer driving like a punk. Ha-ha. Glad yer Okay though.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Well, my wife says I dove that car like a punk, and she's pretty-much right. Just sounded so bad-ass... Anyway, after 40 years of marriage, I know how to keep it going and get my way (eventually). I'll give it a go with a BMW Z430i (thank god for turbos and tunes) for a few years before I change directions.
I had a 2018 Mustang GT convertible before buying my Z4. The biggest thing you will notice is the Z4 is a lot more nimble. But, get the M40i if you can. You can get a lot of power out of the B58 engine without spending a lot. You won't miss the V8 performance at all. I always put it in comfort mode when my wife is in the car, very quiet and docile. She has no idea it will hit 60 in about 3.5 seconds. She would crap her pants!

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you are all right, car's can be replaced. What happened?
I had merged onto the highway, trying to pass a semi in the middle lane. Moving into the left lane going 65mph and gave it too much gas while passing over the water-filled ruts in the road. Back end broke loose, there was no traction to correct anything. Car broke to the left, then right, then slid off the road and t-boned the center guardrail. Car got wedged between guard rails. Luckily I could climb out the window, totally unscathed. Various air-bags deployed. Got a ticket for speed unsafe for conditions.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2018 Mustang GT convertible before buying my Z4. The biggest thing you will notice is the Z4 is a lot more nimble. But, get the M40i if you can. You can get a lot of power out of the B58 engine without spending a lot. You won't miss the V8 performance at all. I always put it in comfort mode when my wife is in the car, very quiet and docile. She has no idea it will hit 60 in about 3.5 seconds. She would crap her pants!
Two cars before the Mustang, I had a 2014 Z435i and before that, an '08 135I 'vert. Loved them both. This time, I've gone with a 2020 30i (at my wife's insistence). I'm fine with it... The B48 is a stout engine and its quicker than an ecoboost (0-60 in 5.1). Just doesn't sound like anything. Later, I'll sneak in a tune and a few bolt-ons.

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Very sorry for that, you have to be very cautious with these things in the rain.

How did you lost it?
According to the ticket.... "speed unsafe for conditions". I was passing a semi on the highway and was accelerating while crossing into the left lane and hit a patch of water in the ruts. Back end broke loose ad there was no coming back from that.

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Tryna do a little drifting action ? I based this on yer wife saying yer driving like a punk. Ha-ha. Glad yer Okay though.
No, Just generally getting quickly to the posted speed limit (maybe a bit more)... Short but frequent bursts of speed, and enjoyed making noise with my custom cat-back exhaust.

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
According to the ticket.... "speed unsafe for conditions". I was passing a semi on the highway and was accelerating while crossing into the left lane and hit a patch of water in the ruts. Back end broke loose ad there was no coming back from that.
So you’re proud of this?

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
So you’re proud of this?
Just a heads up.totalled my wifes c5 and took out a sideline barrier. Anyear later got a bill fir 1500 bucks from state insurance eventually paid me
But ask your insursnce about covering a bill if you get one

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Back end broke loose ad there was no coming back from that.
Sure there is lol. They taught you that in drivers Ed.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
The ticket is insult to injury... still, glad you're ok.
It's not that easy (or possible at all) to recover these car from a hydroplaning situation. It happened to me at 20 mph (and I was searching this condition)... well the car reacted way more than I expected. The fact that I was searching for it (so I was "ready" for if) combined with the low speed made possible to save the situation.
Still, these cars will bite your ass very quickly, I was searching for it to gauge the car better, to understand how cold tires coupled with a locking differentials feel... and I felt it. You have it under control until you don't. It gives you the illusion of being well planted on the road until all hell breaks loose.

I see a lot of keyboard certified drivers and marriage consultants out there, I guess you are old enough to weigh them appropriately.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Glad you're okay.

No V8? Sounds like V10 R8 or V12 Ferrari then. At least that's what I'm doing if my wife ever says that lol.
Right? I was just going to say OP should listen to his wife and no V8 for him.
I may be biased but how about he gets a V10 Viper? :giggle:

Math for the wife: Bigger engine means heavier; therefore safer, right?
This wouldn't be the first time men try to trick people with false numbers and such.
🤣🤣🤣

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
Glad to hear you are okay and not injured. If she says you can't have another V8, there are plenty of other options........I love my Explorer ST. Twin turbo V6 that sounds nasty at WOT with the Thermal R/D exhaust and a downpipe. My turbo 4 pot GTI is as much fun to drive as my Mustang. Audi makes amazing 5 cylinder that exudes a beautiful melody in their RS 3 and TT RS.

What tires were you using?
Sponsored