Sponsored

** long read; think Ford has an oil issue which they don't want to admit

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
The hope is these issues are being addressed behind the scenes so newer models don't have the same problem.
Sponsored

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
The hope is these issues are being addressed behind the scenes so newer models don't have the same problem.
How does that help the people who dont have fixes preinstalled in their 2015's?

psylocibin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Good point but think about all the cost cutting that car manufactures do; they use elements instead of screw on oil filters, took metal out of windshield wipers, removed gas caps, etc...they are looking for the cheapest way possible to engineer and create cars that get you in the door and buy them...all they want is for it to make it 3 years/36K and then it's on your dime.

How many people own these cars vs how many are on forums and know about issues? How many people modify their cars? I bet Ford is willing to take the 1-2 repairs over the 3-4k that they will never have to repair for those that keep the car stock and never have issues :shrug:
That's a solid point. Just trying to dog around and do some learning, thanks for the responses bud.

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
UPR has been working this issue for the EB line and have excellent products to help with it; I contacted Steve/UPR to comment in here as Joe has made this his baby. waiting for them to chime in!
To add some light to the situation about deleting the PCV. I will delete the factory PCV every time as it causes an erratic back pressure on the Clean side rear passenger side valve cover. I can read between the lines on what Greg went through and it's frustrating and we have seen it so many time with supercharged and turbocharged applications that have intercoolers and all the extra piping that gets filled with oil.

When any car has knock or an oil problem it's already too late to try and fix it with stripping all the tubes, intake manifold, intercooler and anywhere that collect oil. If you remove the PCV then as a last resort it won't stop all the oil that has already accumulated. The fact is that this is still the most important variable to getting your Ecoboost to safe and to run it's best.

All of my personal vehicles have gutted PCV valves as that is the best fix to eliminate the boost pressure from overpowering the PCV system and forcing oil out the Clean side. While the mustang guys running the EcoBoost engine still have a very big learning curve. This is not new to us as we have been dealing directly with the 3.5L Ecoboost vehicles on the same issue.

The testing has proven without a doubt that the smaller 2.3L Ecoboost being such a powerhouse will need the exact same protection as the 3.5L big brother with a UPR Dual Valve Catch Can and a UPR Clean Side Catch Can. It's not a coincidence that the UPR Ecoboost Mustang runs flawless and is 100% smoke and oil free. It's the UPR catch can system we developed for it that allows us to push it and be safe.

I am always here to share information about problems and fixes for the Ecoboost platform. I do not recommend any pull through catch cans, sintered bronze filters or air/water compressor separators. Ultimately they will all lead you down a path where only a properly designed catch can will save the engine.

Joe

drudis

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dariusrudis.net
First Name
Darius
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium - SpongeBob Yellow
I did the write-up on gutting the PCV, using the dual UPR CC, and mine has ZERO ISSUES with oil getting into the TB. Therefore I wont change anything.
Writeup: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=639659&postcount=510

Sure I'll keep an eye on oil usage, and look for traces in intake or TB area... but for now, it solved all my issues and wont update.

p.s. Will look into TSB and verify my built 3/06/2015 Mustang this weekend (just out of curiosity).

Last edited:

Sponsored

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I did the write-up on gutting the PCV, using the dual UPR CC, and mine has ZERO ISSUES with oil getting into the TB. Therefore I wont change anything.

Sure I'll keep an eye on oil usage, and look for traces in intake or TB area... but for now, it solved all my issues and wont update.

p.s. Will look into TSB and verify my built 3/06/2015 Mustang this weekend (just out of curiosity).

This is the best setup and the only thing that is still waiting to be protected is the clean side that dumps into the intake tube right before the turbo inlet. PM me when your ready and I'll set you up with a UPR CSCC for a great deal.

Joe

illeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium/PP
Do you have a link to the clean side catch can setup Joe? I could not find it on your site.

Thanks

OP
OP

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Writeup: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=639659&postcount=510

You did see I have the dual valve UPR CC and had the gutted PCV, correct?

Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Would a catless DP have any negative effect on this oiling issue?

Boosting Stangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Competition Orange
UPR JOE, what you're saying is the single side catch can I bought from you is worthless?