theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
So I lovvvvvvvve my 350 but REAAAALLLY wanted the 350R. Dealer called today and told me they got one last one allocated on their final shipment of 16's but the asking price is.... steep.... like 6 figure steep. That said, FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT ONE what is a fair price? PM or post here! Thanks!!
Sponsored

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just my $0.02 but that is price gouging even for a R. From what I've seen a "Fair" price is $77,000-$87,000 before taxes, titles, fees. But hey, if you can swing 120k for a 67k car, why not right?

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
6 figures is too steep, unless you can afford it. I'm kinda with post above, I'm calling limit on an R at $87/90k max. That is a lot of money for some to come up with, throw what #$ you're comfortable, see if it sticks.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So I lovvvvvvvve my 350 but REAAAALLLY wanted the 350R. Dealer called today and told me they got one last one allocated on their final shipment of 16's but the asking price is.... steep.... like 6 figure steep. That said, FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT ONE what is a fair price? PM or post here! Thanks!!
At this point in the game pricing for a 2016 R model the dealership can call all of the shots as someone will purchase this car at some sort of ADM based purely and supply and demand.

Obviously your dealer knows what he has and is going to leverage the max out of one of the last R models available for 2016.

In my opinion it all comes down to how bad you want this car and are you happy with the way this R is spec'd out?

At the end of the day you have to be happy with your decision as to what price you pay with this car.

Depending on your financial situation I suggest that this car is worth a $30K ADM based on present market conditions but your dealer will probably be looking for more.

Good luck with your decision and do what you feel comfortable with and not what the rest of us think about ADM's!

:cheers:

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
Sheesh, $100k for a Mustang? No, thanks. If I had that kind of money to throw at a car, I'd be picking up a new Nissan GT-R or a used 911 turbo. To each his own though, I suppose. When did people start becoming OK with dropping $100k on a domestic sports car? As it is, my Mustang GT cost more than my parents' first house did! I understand that price if you're buying a brand new Ford GT supercar or a matching-numbers, all-original '68 fastback or something, but...a 2016 Mustang? Yeah, yeah, supply-and-demand, I get it, but I don't get it. :shrug: :headbonk:

Sponsored

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
My dealer has an R. It is no where near 6 figures but there is, what I call, a steep adm. PM me if you would like their info.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
https://beautygeekbyjacqueline.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/nipple-tape-and-vaseline-marathon-training-my-gym.jpg
Pffft, any dealer charging 6 figures for an R is coming in dry.

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
I have heard some people got theirs for MSRP, but I don't think that is common. Mostly for the 2017 R, I have heard ADMs of $15-30k. I just ordered one from a dealer yesterday for that ADM. Sure, it puts the total cost (including tax, etc) at near to $90k, but a couple things I thought of, at least for me.

1. This is a dream car for me, as a mustang fan.
2. The R is pretty limited in terms of availability. I doubt there will be more than 1000 made per year.
3. The R performance is fairly close to corvettes, Porsches, and even the GTR, yet everyone who has driven one gushes about how plain fun the gt350 is to drive. Sometimes it's more about the experience than pure numbers. The R seems to give the best of both worlds.

As for leads, except for the one I ordered, I have not heard anything definite from any dealers as far as available allocations, but if I hear of any, I will pass it on.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Mostly for the 2017 R, I have heard ADMs of $15-30k.
^ this is consistent with what I am hearing for 16/17 Rs. I did better than that on my 16R (and am trying to secure the same deal on another 17R), but I got in early (last July). A dealer just a few miles from my work has an R on his lot right now asking $98K. Regardless of what you think about ADM, this is just supply and demand. :shrug: FWIW

Good luck on your search.

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I have heard some people got theirs for MSRP, but I don't think that is common. Mostly for the 2017 R, I have heard ADMs of $15-30k. I just ordered one from a dealer yesterday for that ADM. Sure, it puts the total cost (including tax, etc) at near to $90k, but a couple things I thought of, at least for me.

1. This is a dream car for me, as a mustang fan.
2. The R is pretty limited in terms of availability. I doubt there will be more than 1000 made per year.
3. The R performance is fairly close to corvettes, Porsches, and even the GTR, yet everyone who has driven one gushes about how plain fun the gt350 is to drive. Sometimes it's more about the experience than pure numbers. The R seems to give the best of both worlds.

As for leads, except for the one I ordered, I have not heard anything definite from any dealers as far as available allocations, but if I hear of any, I will pass it on.
I think your 1. Point that some people don't understand. For some of us it's our dream car! I really thought long and hard before opting for the Gt350 TrackPack non R as it would allow me to keep my 15 GT/PP also. I have a lot of time and $ in that car. If I were to sell my 15 I'd be all over the R even at $15/20k ADM.
I really have no desire to own a Vett a Porsche or equivalent, I wanted this Shelby! I do believe the # of R's per year will only be 500.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I think it's all what your perspective is. For me, my R is irreplaceable. That is just what it is to me, as I couldn't part with it for no $$$ right now, unless I could the very EXACT same car in place of it.

My R has so much character that it is ridiculous. I have never found a car that is my exact match... Guess EHarmony got ahold of my desires and sent them to Jim Owens.

MaxWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, Mercedes Benz SL63, Ford Edge, RV6
I would say that six figures is high based on the fact that the R model run is not over. All evidence I have seen suggests there will be a run of these in 2017. Given this fact I think it is too early to be parting with more than $100K. Unless of course you are hell bent on having a 2016 vs a 2017.

I see R models going for over $100K on Ebay and that kind of baffles me. Why would anybody pony up that much when there is a chance of finding a 2017 for $80 to $90K?

I do think that there will be R models in 2017 in the $20K ADM range. That is what I would consider to be the "norm" for the 2016 year. Some guys did better....some guys paid more. My deal was right down the center ...or the "norm"

Good luck!

Max

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I would say that six figures is high based on the fact that the R model run is not over. All evidence I have seen suggests there will be a run of these in 2017. Given this fact I think it is too early to be parting with more than $100K. Unless of course you are hell bent on having a 2016 vs a 2017.

I see R models going for over $100K on Ebay and that kind of baffles me. Why would anybody pony up that much when there is a chance of finding a 2017 for $80 to $90K?

I do think that there will be R models in 2017 in the $20K ADM range. That is what I would consider to be the "norm" for the 2016 year. Some guys did better....some guys paid more. My deal was right down the center ...or the "norm"

Good luck!

Max
There will be no R models in DIY blue in 2017, and there's a good chance that there will be no AG R's in 2017, either.

That being said, if this is only a 2-year production vehicle (excluding 2015) hen that would make GB and RuR (Ruby Red) to highly sought after colors for 2017, thus causing the buy-in price to feasibly stay high.

Factors, son... Factor in all the factors.:cheers:

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
There's a significant geographic component to R pricing (more so than non-Rs it seems). California ADMs are stupid high. Texas is a lot lower than California it seems, even in the big cities. Long Island is crazy, because Long Island. Rs have sold for MSRP in Kansas.

There are many dealers who want their GT350s to stay local. A local Texas '15 GT350 TP sold for $25K over to a collector in Wisconsin. That could have been my car for $13K over (still too much in my mind, but it was a '15...).
Sponsored