Sponsored

Jacking points

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I dug through the threads but didn't really see anything related to best jack stand spots. I'm getting ready to do first oil change.

What's the best process for getting the front up on stands that you guys have found
Sponsored

Last edited:

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have a lift, but on the front, I would say that any spot along the K-member subframe between the belly pan and the chassis connection would be fine for jacking/support. I extend my front lift arms as far as they will go toward the front of that area to directly support as much of the engine weight as possible.

At the rear, I position my lift pads under the connection point between the rear axle carrier frame and the body. For jacking and support, there may be a better location, however.

Sorry I don't have pictures, but I will get some next time I have it on the lift.

Reactions: _M_

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Race Ramps work great.

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I think its 16 pounds. Pretty light.

I did not know they make them in red. I plan to get black ones for mine.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Pinch weld is incredibly strong on these. If you have a reasonable size landing pad on your jack, it's fine to use. I just got some cheapo jack stand pads to prevent metal-to-metal contact for those. Had it up a number of times so far, no issues.

Reactions: _M_

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Pinch weld is incredibly strong on these. If you have a reasonable size landing pad on your jack, it's fine to use. I just got some cheapo jack stand pads to prevent metal-to-metal contact for those. Had it up a number of times so far, no issues.
The pinch weld is indeed strong. That said, the nice thing about the rails is that you can jack anywhere along the rail and place stands anywhere along the rail, within reason with respect to balance and safety.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R