Sponsored

Is there a street/track handling setup package that does NOT lower the vehicle?

OP
OP

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Regarding the spring rate suggestions in this discussion: does the fact that I have a lighter EcoBoost front and this will still be 90% a daily driver change the advise for front springs, or stay the same?
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
2019 GT PP MR A10 DD/Track owner here. I don't like a lowered car or too stiff. Here is my setup, pretty much aligned with post #2.

• 275/40-19 PS4 square setup. Tires are what's limiting me most on track right now.
  • Stock rear springs
  • GT350R rear bar
  • Swapped front springs to Mach1, non-HP, which is about same rate as GT350
  • GT350 front bar
  • Cradle lockout
  • Every spherical bearing available installed
  • Camber plates

That's it. Not lowered, not too stiff. Car feels neutral on maintenance throttle, still doesn't turn in like a Porsche, lol. Also, stiffer bars help on track while not noticeable as stiffer on the street.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
EB cars are lighter than GT cars, if you use a minimal drop spring with a higher rate, wouldn't that work out similarly as a "no drop" spring?

Sponsored

OP
OP

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
EB cars are lighter than GT cars, if you use a minimal drop spring with a higher rate, wouldn't that work out similarly as a "no drop" spring?
I am also curious as to the answer to this question. It makes sense and might be the way I choose to go. I am torn between going with something like Steeda's minimum drop springs which may not drop the front of my Ecoboost, and upgrading to GT PP1 springs which may actually raise my front (assuming any GT based spring might raise the front?), which I do not want.

Here it is a few months later and I am finally getting around to pulling the trigger if I can only finalize my choices. I have info overload from this thread and others including the spring rate sticky LOL. After all these hours of surfing suspension threads I think my final choice will end up closely matching @NightmareMoon first answer right at the start LOL.

Last edited:

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I am still 100% happy with the track handling pack, but as others have said, there is definitely a drop. I'd bet the front is a 0.5" drop on an Eco.

IMG_3001.jpeg

I agree with the posters suggesting Mach 1 or PP1 springs. Might still be possible to find a low mileage take off PP1 suspension.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'd go for the Mach 1 springs rather than the Shelby ones, but basically, you have to choose one of them.
Do anyone has info on right height for the GT350/R I though this cars are lower than a stock GT PP1 ? If not does that mean that the GT350/R springs are same height as PP1 ?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I think my final choice will end up closely matching @NightmareMoon first answer right at the start LOL.
When wisdom speaks, it pays to listen, early and often.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I am still 100% happy with the track handling pack, but as others have said, there is definitely a drop. I'd bet the front is a 0.5" drop on an Eco.

IMG_3001.jpeg

I agree with the posters suggesting Mach 1 or PP1 springs. Might still be possible to find a low mileage take off PP1 suspension.
wow, a Guard Green?

Pretty sure I have PP1 springs. I know I have a set of basically new M1 springs.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Do anyone has info on right height for the GT350/R I though this cars are lower than a stock GT PP1 ? If not does that mean that the GT350/R springs are same height as PP1 ?
I think they're about 1/2" lower?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I think they're about 1/2" lower?
Right, but is the R lower because of the tires or because of the springs (or some proportion of both)

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
You end up a touch higher in the front when you put aftermarket springs on an Eco, but the rear is essentially the same.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Right, but is the R lower because of the tires or because of the springs (or some proportion of both)
Gotcha. I can't help you there.
Sponsored